Thread: Patch 1.2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Fortypopper
Lurker

Patch 1.2

Who is excited for the new changes?
Fortypopper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
When is the patch coming? i had a major update that wanted to install night before last but i did not have enough room on my HD for it to install, was that the update?

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Hehe, no, patch 1.2 is one massive update coming up in April.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
CrisG
Aging Jedi

ah Ok thanks. i guess that was just a re load of some files...i head that happens at times.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Update 1.2 is going to be BIGG!!!! Im playing my bounty hunter while I wait for it, my sith warrior just has to wait.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Well hopefully when it arrives i will be more experienced and less of a novice at all of this so I can enjoy it. thanks.

BIG = Good

Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I've played through some of 1.2 on the public test server, got up to lv10 and have my Vanguard sitting on the fleet station.

There's a lot to say about the update and you'll find that the changes are very obvious for the most part. The absolute first thing I did was open up the UI editor and spent about an hour and a half tinkering with EVERYTHING. Of course, it doesn't end there, you'll end up tinkering with the UI periodically as you play to get it just right...

That said, this all depends on whether or not you're daunted by the UI customization options to begin with. It does seem pretty complex when you begin but you get the hang of it after a while.

The UI editor also has a few issues too. You can't align stuff with each other and you can't snap UI elements together. It can also get tedious at times when you realise that some elements aren't as customizable as you'd want them to be. One such element that gets in the way and doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

It'll take awhile but I'm sure a lot of folks will come up with some great custom UIs which we will be able to share with each other... I know I'm gonna share mine on here.

Anyway, I'll share some more at a later time and post up a screenshot of my custom UI which I just creates for the lulz.

Lynk Former is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I've played through some of 1.2 on the public test server, got up to lv10 and have my Vanguard sitting on the fleet station.

There's a lot to say about the update and you'll find that the changes are very obvious for the most part. The absolute first thing I did was open up the UI editor and spent about an hour and a half tinkering with EVERYTHING. Of course, it doesn't end there, you'll end up tinkering with the UI periodically as you play to get it just right...

That said, this all depends on whether or not you're daunted by the UI customization options to begin with. It does seem pretty complex when you begin but you get the hang of it after a while.

The UI editor also has a few issues too. You can't align stuff with each other and you can't snap UI elements together. It can also get tedious at times when you realise that some elements aren't as customizable as you'd want them to be. One such element that gets in the way and doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

It'll take awhile but I'm sure a lot of folks will come up with some great custom UIs which we will be able to share with each other... I know I'm gonna share mine on here.

Anyway, I'll share some more at a later time and post up a screenshot of my custom UI which I just creates for the lulz.
I realize clicking armor and such into place and making wrestlers are two different things BUT is it comparable overall with create-a-wrestler of smackdown games?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I realize clicking armor and such into place and making wrestlers are two different things BUT is it comparable overall with create-a-wrestler of smackdown games?
...what?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I'm none too Happy about Valor and Battlemaster, that 63 Valor and 6 Pieces of BM gear I've slaved and raged to get was worthless... But the Crew skills is a small step in the right direction, I'd guess within the next year we'll have something that resembles an in game economy.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
But the Crew skills is a small step in the right direction, I'd guess within the next year we'll have something that resembles an in game economy.
Economy...I like it now, I get to laugh a Lynk for being broke all the time, while I'm walking around with over a million credits.

I just can't wait for 1.2 when my smuggler can go traitor and send her step-sister agent some credits. The Agent is more like Lynk's trooper and always broke.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You're gonna want to be really good friends with my Armourmech skilled Vanguard come 1.2 since your fashion (with bonus augment slots) revolves around how many awesome schematics I can get

Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
...what?
I knew this was going to be confusing...Sorry if I am clueless, bear with me...
The way you generally described the customization of TOR is how I'd describe smackdown's create a wrestler, seems complex at first but once you start using it, the feature gets to be a snap to use. I would say it also sounds like armored core's customization but I've never played it. >.>

I guess more specifically, does it have multi axial adjustment to sizes and shapes of objects that you customize? I.E. changing angles of a toroidal shape? Can you mix and match parts (like armor and outfits for example)?

Old 03-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I'm talking about the User Interface customisation, not armour customisation. With that you can only really adjust size and position and whether it's active or not and a few other little options like flipping it horizontally for a couple of the UI elements.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Ah okay. Thanks. Now that makes sense,

Show spoiler

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #16
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
You're gonna want to be really good friends with my Armourmech skilled Vanguard come 1.2 since your fashion (with bonus augment slots) revolves around how many awesome schematics I can get
Seem to remember something about being friends with your Sith having to do with my agent being broke.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Your agent isn't broke. STOP WHINING!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I'm none too Happy about Valor and Battlemaster, that 63 Valor and 6 Pieces of BM gear I've slaved and raged to get was worthless...
I've not played any MMO's (re:WoW) other than SWTOR, but it is my understanding that this is how it works, as new tiers of gear are introduced the previous tiers become more easily accessible. So I wouldn't consider it surprising and I welcome the changes. Having just recently made it to Valor 65, it'll be nice to be able to gear up my alts for PVP in an easier manner than it was for my main.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

This is How it works? lol, I dont pay a subscription to take one in the rear "cus thats how it is", (Sorry that pissed me off) But anyway, I've only played games where you craft your own gear, with certain implants and jewelry that are lootable/earned, I'm new to this type of gear setup

Old 03-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #20
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Yup that's basically how it works... though usually not THAT often

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #21
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Oh yeah... this is what happens when you just start moving UI elements around like crazy for no apparent reason...

Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
Fortypopper
Lurker

Bounty Hunter Bodygaurd healers are getting gutted. BAD.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I read some of the speeders are going away, i hope not ALL Of them as i had hoped for getting one when i get rich...they look cool.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

a few of the larger land speeders are being removed from the game, not all of them though.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

The landspeeders that are being removed are being replaced with other ones so I'm guessing BioWare are gonna cycle through different models at different periods of times.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
Fortypopper
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
a few of the larger land speeders are being removed from the game, not all of them though.
I hope the big ones that are always coverering the PVP terminals are removed lol
Old 03-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Anyone know if you can add companions to your legacy? I kinda want to have Ashara as my Assassin's spouse?

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You can't add companions or characters created by other players to your family tree

Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I have to say the UI customization tool is pretty confusing... I'm gonna have to tweak the **** out of it to make it look like the default WoW UI

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It is confusing at first but it'll start making sense after awhile... also, for folks who haven't seen, we have a thread where you can share your custom interfaces: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=209972

Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge.

I'm one of the most active and valued - who knew? I guess that means all their other 50s quit?
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #32
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I'm one of the most active and valued - who knew? I guess that means all their other 50s quit?
I guess not, I'm also guessing it isn't so special either since I recieved the same email. 30 days and a Tauntaun Ram Pet*, I'm honored.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #33
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Its to stop all the 50's quiting after the ranked warzones went poof for the update, all alt-aholics (Who dont have 50's) arent being given free time.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I just found the "most active" thing kind of hilarious seeing as I haven't logged in for nigh on 2 months.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Was wondering where you were, after awhile I just assumed you had unsubscribed and was done with the game entirely.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #36
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Got bored levelling the Inquisitor, and the guild was mostly off playing Republic. Plus I had work and such to deal with. Cancelled my sub, but I'd bought 6 months worth, so I still have a valid account until the end of June. Or end of July now I guess with the free month. I figured I'd wait until 1.2 came out and poke my nose back in for a look. Doesn't sound like anything terribly exciting, although it seems there are a few things that would have been handy to have at launch.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Its all gone Boom if you didn't know btw. Someone deleted whole areas of the game so they gotta rebuild some stuff lol.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #38
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah I saw some post on Twitter saying that the guild banks were wiped out along with millions of credits. Some happy campers on the official forums no doubt.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #39
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Its a Cluster-f of biblical proportions over there man, There will be some blood and tears for Bioware over the next few days.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

HAHAHAHAHA...I fronted Lynk the money for the guild bank and deposited 20K.

Guess I really do need to start doing dailies religiously again.

I'm just worried about my trooper, level 38 and I saved her in a unsafe area last night.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Patch 1.2