lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What was the (adventure) game you played last?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #161
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Just finished Machinarium today. Great game, even greater soundtrack.

Collector's Edition here.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #162
Sven_Q45
Forumite

I played The Next Big Thing.
Sven_Q45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #163
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Ok, it´s a while ago. The last was Black Mirror 3 and Jolly Rover. Good indy-game.

And I played Edna and Harvey: The Breakout the third time (but this time in German) and Tales of Monkey Island the second time. (but this time in English)
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #164
Jenni
Rookie

Current Game: Monkey Island 4 (ResidualVM)
I just played through Shenmue and Shenmue II on the Dreamcast for the first time in years. I guess I'm getting a little more lenient towards stuff than I used to be, since I used to hate the English voice acting but I didn't mind it for the most part during my latest playthrough (although I still would never give it any awards ).

The control scheme is dated now (directional pad for walking, trigger for running, analog stick for looking), but it's still enjoyable to play. I'm better at the fighting parts than I used to be. And the storyline is just as engrossing as I remember it (although the English translation is a little clunky, especially in the first game). It's just a shame the second one ends on such a strong cliffhanger and they never made Shenmue III. I hope Sega will provide the financial backing to Yu Suzuki to finish it some day.

Jenni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #165
Alex IDV
Rookie

Currently playing Fate of Atlantis for the first time. A good game, yes indeed.
Alex IDV is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #166
Kroms
Moose fell on my head

I finished up Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse around a week ago. It's Telltale's best game, and probably ranks up there with some of the LucasArts ones. It's better than Hit the Road. It had some creaky moments, sure, but I generally thought it was great.

Show spoiler
Kroms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #167
Sven_Q45
Forumite

The last (adventure) games I played were:
Baron Wittard long ago.
And then last week What makes you tick and then I had a problem with WMYT-ASIT (What makes you tick - a stitch in Time) and played Kaptain Brawe - A brawe new World. From Kataia Games. First I was skeptic because their first 2 games were not so good. It was good but short. And funny.
And the after a solution of my problem with What makes you tick - a stitch in Time I played it. Very, very good indy-game. One of the best adventure games ever!

And then SWKOTOR. Now in English from Steam cuz my CD version is broken. Don´t know why. But it´s good to. Some differences...
Old 06-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #168
Jenni
Rookie

Since I last posted I finished the Telltale Back to the Future games and Hector.

I liked Back to the Future 1-3, despite the animation bugs in episode 1 and the characters calling Marty by the wrong pseudonym in 1 and 2. Even though I did enjoy them, they were all just average adventure games (about as fun as the Doctor Who Adventure Games), which is disappointing from Telltale. Part four, however, was a big letdown after a fun third episode. The third episode didn't have any bugs for me, but the fourth episode was buggier than usual. I had to turn on pop up text because I'd keep on clicking on things that I didn't want to since the hotspot areas were wrong on a lot of items, I'd keep on getting in a conversation with Trixie just by touching her without initiating a conversation, and the game really seemed to drag in the middle. I liked the overall story (as always), but the inconsistent pace and huge amount of bugs makes it very hard to recommend. This is the first Telltale game I'd rate under a 3 out of 5, but it definitely is below average to me.

Hector is another game that I'd rate below a 3 out of 5, which is sad because it was a fun (if average) game. But, upon playing through the second time I found a dead-end that made you actually have to restart the game and play through again (and has happened to people several times before me). If you don't pick up the spray paint in the park before you leave the screen, it's gone when you come back. Telltale's bugs are annoying, but game breaking bugs are unacceptable. I really hope Telltale releases a patch for this soon.

I was really hoping Telltale would start bug-fixing their episodes after the flack they've been getting on their forums since the first episode of Back to the Future in December. But their last two games are more buggy than ever.

I really hope they took the extra month to really bugfix the last episode of Back to the Future, because (I never thought I'd say this since my blog used to be called Telltale Fan) I've pretty much lost my faith in Telltale.

Last edited by Jenni; 06-19-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #169
Jenni
Rookie

Well, I finished the last episode of Back to the Future. I liked the voice acting. I loved all of Michael J Fox's characters. It was fun to time travel so much in one game. The puzzles were good. The story was fun, it wrapped everything up nicely. And the ending was really crazy, but funny. It was a nice homage of the first movie.

But, the bugs! Gah! The bug where the characters call Marty the wrong pseudonym is there again. One of Edna's sentences is different in the text and the subtitles. Plus Marty gives her a response that would make sense with the subtitles but doesn't with the speech. But the most annoying bug was that I'd often click on an object and it would open up the inventory instead. There's nothing more frustrating to me than a game where you have to wrestle with the interface.

Telltale either needs to increase their testing and programming staff to fix the bugs or reduce the amount of games they make at one time, because I hate seeing them in this state.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #170
Sven_Q45
Forumite

The last games I played were Haunted and Harvey´s new Eyes (the successor of Edna and Harvey) - I´d give this game a 16+. Very great!
And next is Gemini Rue.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #171
Jenni
Rookie

I finished Hector 2 and 3. They were much better than 1. The raunchy humor seemed genuinely funny now rather than just feeling like it was tacked on.

It was great that they made Lambert playable too, and that Hector and Lambert had to share objects between each other. The second game felt like Day of the Tentacle in that respect, since communication and object sharing between Hector and Lambert had to be set up, and after that they couldn't interact directly, but through communication through a toilet and sharing objects to each other.

If the second game was like DoTT, the third game felt a little like Maniac Mansion, since Hector and Lambert could communicate directly but they both had different skills that had to be used to accomplish their goals.

The games both still had bugs, but they were very minor (the only one I saw in 2 was a one pixel bar across the screen at the meat truck scene and in 3 Hector's shirt some times changed back to the hospital gown when he was talking at the fair).

Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #172
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Last:
Benath a steel sky and Flight of the Amazon queen, again. Some strange translations. And of course Sam and Max Season 3 Epi 1.
Now: S&M Season 3 Epi 2.
Lol, from now on I like all parts of the game with Stuttgart.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #173
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Last played:
The Fall - Mutant City. (Yes an adventuregame but nothing special)

And yesterday I bought these game collections:

Leisure Suit Larry

Space Quest

Kings Quest
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #174
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Just finished Monkey Island 2. Currently working my way through Machinarium.

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #175
Sven_Q45
Forumite

@M@rs
Have fun with Machinarium.

Now it´s not over yet!

On Monday I bought:
The City of Secrets
Legend of Kyrandia 1
Gabriel Knight 1/2 (Collection) and episode 3
Toonstruck
Gilbert Goodmate
Police Quest (Collection)
Prisoner of Ice
Blade Runner
The Riddle of Master Lou
Tony Tough
and Leisure Suit Larry 7
And then I bought Goblins 4 and Tony Tough 2. Well they´ve not received a good review. But I just can pick it up on my adventuregame-collection.

And yesterday. Well...this night I bought:
Discworld 2
Discworld Noir
3 Skulls of the Toltecs
Ark of Time
Under a killing Moon
Quest for Glory 1-4
and Galador

And I´ve bought The Legend of Kyrandia, again. Cuz there was a mistake on Amazon and it was no longer aviable from this seller. I gonna get my money back and I can keep the game he was send instead. So to say as a freebie.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #176
Haggis
Mojorator

I'm playing Machinarium as well. Also working my way through the Syberia games, as well as Scratches... the only problem is finding the time to finish all those games.

Haggis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #177
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Nice. I wish I didn´t play Syberia yet.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #178
Threepwood42
Rookie

Current Game: Spider-Man: SD
Just finished the first 3 Blackwell games, quite lovely, picked up the 4th one on Steam today and plan to play it soon.

The puzzles were kinda simple but I enjoyed the storytelling, writing and music, you can get all 4 for $15 right now on Steam, the first 3 are 3 hours each, the fourth is supposed to be 9 but I haven't started it yet.
Threepwood42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #179
Sven_Q45
Forumite

I´m playing Gilbert Goodmate now.

Btw adventure games rule the world, again:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/...es/ref=sv_vg_0
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/...bs_nav_vg_1_vg
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #180
Ascovel
Rookie

You mean they are still somewhat more popular in Germany than in the rest of the world? Especially the German ones? That's nothing new.

But anyway I'm really looking forward to playing Deponia. I read it's very good.

A Hardy Developer's Journal - blogging about indie adventure games
Ascovel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #181
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Ya, I know. But no adventuregame was ever (in the time of ego-shooter i think) on place 1! Even Monkey Island SE!

But Deponia must wait! Anticipation is the word!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #182
Ascovel
Rookie

Oh, when I clicked the link, it was already in place 3. Definitely not place 1. Shame it has moved down so quickly.

btw upon release Gemini Rue was on the 1st and 2nd places on Metacritic in terms of reviews. And for a pretty long time too. That made quite an impression on me.

A Hardy Developer's Journal - blogging about indie adventure games
Ascovel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #183
Sven_Q45
Forumite

You mean it moved up so quickly. Yes, it changed a few times.
But it was long on place 9 (!), 6 then 5 and 3 and now short place 1. That´s good enough!
But before SWTOR and Skyrim!! And 3rd and 2nd place both a week or so.
And the first circulation of Deponia was sold out. 1 day before release. And they had to reproduce it, again.

Please do buy Gemini Rue! Great indy game! Daedalic also sold the retail version of Gemini Rue:
http://www.amazon.de/Gemini-Rue-Vers...7759186&sr=8-1
Ye can also play it in English. And you have a nice box, too.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #184
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Gabriel Knight 1. Great game! Especially the music of this game.

And now - of course - part 2.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #185
Sven_Q45
Forumite

GK 3 and now The Riddle of Master Lu. Lets see what comes next.

Edit: Ok I descided Its been Toonstruck.

Last edited by Sven_Q45; 04-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #186
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Last played: Discworld, Discworld 2, Discworld Noir, 3 Skulls of the Toltecs, The Westerner, Yesterday again (betatested the german version!), The Last Express and Blade Runner.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #187
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Just finished the Traitor's Keep DLC for Fable III (for the fifth or so time), now I have a hankering for some Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask...decisions.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #188
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Last played:
Tony Tough and Chewy Esc from F5.
Now Im playing Floyd (English title: The Feeble Files)
Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #189
Sven_Q45
Forumite

And now Orion Burger.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #190
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Last played Bazooka Sue. Sorry there is no English translation for it.

And now Noctropolis.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #191
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Now Ill start the Goblins marathon. And then I must wait until Woodruff arrives.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #192
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Now Woodruff ist ready. Now Ill begin with Gene Machine.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #193
Jenni
Rookie

I last played The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day (my review) and The Journey Down: Chapter One: Over The Edge (my review).

They were both excellent games. I enjoyed both for having a great story and music. And I enjoyed The Walking Dead for trying something new with the adventure genre (the multiple paths really adds to the experience) and The Journey Down for sticking to the tried and true formula of adventure games of the past (it really evoked the feeling of late 90's LucasArts games).

Old 08-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #194
Sven_Q45
Forumite

The last I played were:
Archibald Applebrooks Adventure
Sanitarium
Touche - The Adventures of the 5th Musketeers
And now Im playing Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #195
Sven_Q45
Forumite

I played Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and Bud Tucker in Double Trouble. And now Im playing ark of time!

Last edited by Sven_Q45; 08-31-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #196
Philocleon

Just played Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2:Strong Badia the Free. Not bad.

Simia: Do you know anyone who lives in this alley?...I'm talking to you.
Ballio:I know one...myself.
Simia:You're lucky. As men go, not one in ten can say he knows himself.

----Pseudolus, by Plautus
Philocleon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #197
Jenni
Rookie

I last played Day of the Tentacle again and I played The Walking Dead episode 3 for the first time. I'm just starting playing through Grim Fandango again.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #198
Jarikith
Lurker

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
I fairly recently discovered/stumbled upon The Adventure Gamer's blog where Trickster is playing through notable Adventure games from the dawn of the genre through to the present then posting his experiences for his play sessions and offering a final review/ranking of them once completed. Once I caught up I decided I'd play along with some of the current ones, so I've recently played through Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders (Still awesome) and Code Name: Iceman (I didn't remember it being this abysmal!). On my own time I played through Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition, for no other reason than pure pleasure at the replaying and Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, for the first time. Oddly enough I never played through that one originally, 1 and 3 yes, but for some reason I skipped over 2.
Jarikith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > What was the (adventure) game you played last?