Thread: The Custom User Interface Thread
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Cool Guy The Custom User Interface Thread

NOTICE: I'll be adding more to this opening post to make it more helpful, so stay tuned.

Welcome to our official custom user interface thread! In here you'll be able to share your personal custom made user interfaces with other folks on the forum.

<insert tutorial here >

Once you've created your custom interface and have saved it, you will then be able to grab an XML file and share this with other people.

For Windows 7/Vista this file is located at...
Code:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles
Replace "USERNAME" with which ever user you're logged in as on your PC.

The file you're looking for will be the whatever you named your custom UI in the editor. For example, I've named mine "Lynk Former" so the file name will appear as "Lynk Former.xml"

Simply put that xml file into a zip and then post it up here with a picture of what your custom UI looks like and we can start sharing away! You can post as many different types of custom interfaces as you want and members are welcome to comment on them too.

To use any of the custom UI's, simply unzip the XML file and then put it into the GUIProfiles folder...

For Windows 7/Vista this folder is located at...
Code:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles
Replace "USERNAME" with which ever user you're logged in as on your PC.

At this stage in time we don't have any uploading facilities to use... however there are many places around the net where you can upload files. My personal suggestion is to use some kind of cloud storage services such as Dropbox or Skydrive.

NOTICE: I'll be adding more to this opening post to make it more helpful, so stay tuned.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The Custom User Interface Thread