lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars The Old Republic: Despair and Hope
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Star Wars The Old Republic: Despair and Hope

Fury-Class Imperial Interceptor

My name is Toryal and I am the apprentice of Darth Baras and right now I am cursing myself for being such an idiot. I thought that I had everything that I could ever want: power, respect and a command of the force that was nearly unrivaled.

I would give it all away in an instant if giving it away would save Vette.

I still remember the first time I met her. She had been captured after sneaking into one of the tombs on Korriban. The first time that I saw her she was in a cage in the academy's detention center and was being tortured by one of the academy's guards. Of course I didn't speak to her, I was focused on my task but I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She was being forced to wear a shock collar.

I still remember how full of anger I was back then. I still remember how I felt it was beneath me to bring her with me into the tomb to complete my final trial. I thought as a sith I was invincible, that I did not need the help of a common thief.

She proved me wrong.

That Twi'lek proved herself nearly a dozen times in the tomb of Naga Sadow by saving my life and helping me get through the traps that littered the tomb. At one point I was knocked out by another apprentice in the tomb. Vette could have fled but instead she decided to stand her ground and protect me. She was able to slip a blaster bolt past the other apprentice's guard and take him out. She stayed with me until I woke up.

I couldn't believe it. On Korriban it was usually kill or be killed and Vette could have escaped and left me to die but she didn't. When I asked her why she saved me she hesitated for a moment and told me that she didn't want to be stuck alone on Korriban without an ally. At first I believed her, but later on I began to have my doubts.

She was the first person on Korriban who I felt I could trust. To be honest, she was the first person I felt I could count as a true friend.

With Vette's help I was able to finish my trial and ended up becoming Darth Baras's apprentice. I remember traveling to Dromund Kaas with her and laughing at some of the things she said. She told me once as we were traveling though the jungles that she wanted to have a statue built in her likeness one day. I told her I would think about it.

If building her a statue would save her life now I would do it without a second thought.

I still remember the look on her face when Darth Baras told us that we would be recieving a ship. She was excited, even more so when she found that she had her own room to sleep in. I can't say I blamed her, what passed as beds in the korriban detention center weren't exactly comfortable and the shuttle to Dromund Kaas was packed with imperial troops so we really didn't have anywhere to sleep.

We ended up traveling to the war-torn planet of Balmorra. I almost lost her a few times on Balmorra. For the first time since my training on Korriban...I was afraid. Afraid that I would lose the first true friend I had. Eventually though, we completed our tasks and ended up heading to Nar Shaddaa with a new addition to the crew.

His name is Malavai quinn and I loved watching him and Vette argue. Once in awhile, Quinn would find himself the victim of a prank. Of course there was no evidence that Vette was the prankster we knew it was her. After all, there were only two people on the ship besides myself.

Eventually, we arrived on Taris. In the time between Balmorra and Taris we had yet another new crew member join our crew. She was a jedi named Jaesa Willsaam who had the unique ability to detect a person's true nature. She was a threat to my Master's spy network and he ordered us to draw her out. Eventually I ended up confronting her master, a jedi by the name of Nomen Karr. During the battle with Master Kaar he began to fall to the darkside. When Jaesa arrived, she was able to detect the darkness within her master.

She decided to join us after seeing what her Master had become. And I was glad she did. Finally, Vette had someone other than Quinn to talk to. At times I would see them walking around the ship together.

For the first time in quite awhile, I felt at peace. I'm not going to lie, I know that I am different from most of the other sith within the Empire. I don't belive that rage and destruction and killing those weaker then you are acceptable traits one should have. I belive that peace and restraint are better traits to posses.

But than came Taris.

Taris is a nightmarish planet that is home to some of the most fearful creatures in the galaxy. They call them Rakghouls and they have the ability to infect others and turn them into rakghouls themselves. Thankfully we managed to avoid infection and managed to complete our mission on Taris. But as we made our way back to the shuttle, something horrible happened.

A small squad of republic troopers were waiting in ambush for us just outside of the imperial garrison. I don't know how but they somehow managed to shield their presences from me. It was possible that they had had training to deal with sith but it doesn't really matter now.

Vette managed to hit the ground as a barrage of blaster bolts went over her head and I instantly ignited my lightsaber and sent a few of the bolts back towards the republic troops. I was forced to hit the ground as a somewhat smaller barrage of bolts were fired in my direction. I was able to get back on my feet and instantly hit the remaining solders with a blast of force lightning.

I'm not going to lie, I was tired after having to draw on the force to hit the remaining solders with lightning but the first thing I did was look to make sure that Vette was alright.

What I saw nearly made my heart stop.

There was a blaster wound on her arm that looked serious but what nearly made me break down was that somehow she had taken a blaster bolt to the stomach. For a moment I hesitated.

The next thing I remember is carefully picking up Vette and calling on the force to run as fast as I could. I was still tired and using the force to help me go faster wasn't helping much. I was running as fast as I could but I could sense that Vette was running out of time. I remember the guards staring at me as I can past them and boarded the shuttle. I must have looked strange, a Sith Lord carrying a twi'lek.

I managed to get abord the shuttle that was located at the Imperial garrison and ordered the pilot to head for my personal ship. I remember breathing heavily and trying to stabilize Vette. The moment we docked with the ship I ran to the med-bay and called Jaesa to try and help her.

Even now, I'm watching Jaesa trying her best to heal her but I can't help but feel despair. I was trained from early on to fight and kill, not to heal. My only hope for Vette is Jaesa. Right now the force is the only thing that can save Vette.

Toryal looked hopeful as the door to the medical bay opened and Jaesa slowly walked out. She looked exhausted but there was a small smile on her face.

"Please...Jaesa, tell me that shes going to be alright. Tell me you were able to do something for her."

Jaesa slowly nodded. "It took quite a bit of work but I think she's going to be alright. She's going to be stuck in bed for quite awhile with her injuries but the blaster wound to the stomach was the most severe."

Toryal nodded and looked at the bed the Twi'lek was laying on. It looked like she was sleeping. "I...I'm glad she's alright."

Jaesa looked over at Toryal as he headed back for the bridge but even she could see that there was a bit more spring in his step not to mention a large smile on his face.

I wonder...Jaesa thought as she watched Toryal head for the bridge.

((If I continue this I think I'll only do one more chapter. Please let me know what you think.))

Chevron 7 locke has requested a fanfic review for this thread.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > Star Wars The Old Republic: Despair and Hope