lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor modding issue.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Jeffery4130
Lurker

Kotor modding issue.

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum but I am having a bit of a model importing issue that I can't seem to sort out. I'll start out by saying that I have in the past successfully imported saber and weapon models into Kotor 1 & 2 so I am familiar with the process. My issue is that I am now using max2010 to model my hilts and blasters ECT.. However to my knowledge there is not a NWmax for 2010 so I am using gmax to export my models. When I export my hilt from 2010 as a 3ds file into gmax. Everything is fine at thus point. Texture mapping is intact the model is fine. So I go through all the rigging steps but when I go to export I get a sanity check saying Weld Check Failed? So my next step was to go check the mesh. It only consists of 500 or so verts. I check them all. It is a clean model meaning there are no floating verts anywhere and it is a single mesh with no overlapping faces or verts. And the sanity check is telling me that every single vert failed the weld check? I even went as far as remodeling the whole hilt just for my own sanity check still with the same results. So to say the least I am a bit confused. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jeffery4130 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Kotor modding issue.