lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR 1 Restoration Demo
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
KotOR 1 Restoration Demo

For those of you who may not know a team has been working on restoring a lot of content to KotOR 1 as of late. Now, the team's been hard at work and it's my pleasure to announce that a demo has been prepared for release to the public. This demo will include mostly cut Taris content, with the addition of a few more restorations on Dantooine (For more details see ReadMe below).

Deadly Stream Link: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ion-demo-beta/

KotOR Files Link: COMING SOON

The main forums over on Deadly Stream are where most of the stuff related to KotOR 1 Restoration are discussed, but as said in the ReadMe, we'd prefer it if you reported all bugs found with the demo in this thread or directly to ZM90 over on Deadly Stream.

ReadMe:

Show spoiler

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version

Last edited by Fallen Guardian; 04-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Wow, this is impressive. I'm down to try it.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
You're welcome. Downloading now.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
CptPriceless

The initial fight that happens between the Vulkars and the Beks when you first enter the Lower City doesn't happen. They're just standing there. Is this supposed to occur?

EDIT: It works when I wear Sith armor, but doesn't when I switch to some other attire.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I encountered the same bug as well.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
The initial fight that happens between the Vulkars and the Beks when you first enter the Lower City doesn't happen. They're just standing there. Is this supposed to occur?

EDIT: It works when I wear Sith armor, but doesn't when I switch to some other attire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDR View Post
I encountered the same bug as well.
Hmm, that's strange. I'll look into it, but first I have a question. Were either of you approached by a Black Vulkar before the cutscene occurred? The Black Vulkar would've been telling you that the area was Black Vulkar turf and that you'd pay for intruding.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement

Last edited by Fallen Guardian; 06-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
CptPriceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
Hmm, that's strange. I'll look into it, but first I have a question. Were either of you approached by a Black Vulkar before the cutscene occurred? The Black Vulkar would've been telling you that the area was Black Vulkar turf and that you'd pay for intruding.
Yeah I believe that was the "Vulkar Spy." I had to click him fore the dialogue to trigger. When I fought him without Sith armor, the other gang-members remained stagnant.

Last edited by CptPriceless; 06-17-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Ahh, then it's most likely the way his dialogue was intended to be triggered. Mark that down fixed for the final version. It wasn't game-breaking, correct?

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
Darth D
Rookie

Current Game: TES V : Skyrim
This is great ! Can't wait to try it...though there is a problem, the website of Deadlystream is not loading. It says something like "the server was not found"...any help would be much appreciated.

You don't know the power of the dark side!
Darth D is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth D View Post
This is great ! Can't wait to try it...though there is a problem, the website of Deadlystream is not loading. It says something like "the server was not found"...any help would be much appreciated.
I'm having the same issue, but I'm definitely going to try this once the site is back up. It sounds like a sweet mod.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
I'm having the same issue, but I'm definitely going to try this once the site is back up. It sounds like a sweet mod.
I'm having the issue as well. I'm not involved with the Deadly Stream staff, but judging by the site's regular efficiency it should be back up soon.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
CptPriceless

Quote:
It wasn't game-breaking, correct?
I didn't test it afterwards, sorry. But everything worked fine with the Sith armor equipped. The spy approached me, then the whole gang fight. Also, I was surprised when I went into the apartments. I like that it's at least populated now. Nice touch

EDIT: Just finished the Matrik quest... People stood right in front of the apartment, meaning witnesses. Not a real problem, just thought it was funny.
EDIT 2: Well I like how you guys fixed the one bug where if you talked to Hendar after saving him from the rakghoul, you would get LS Points, but if you talked to Hesther, you wouldn't - or was it the other way around? I forget. But there is another bug in the Undercity that wasn't resolved, and this one's more troublesome:
Show spoiler

Last edited by CptPriceless; 06-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
Quote:
I'm having the issue as well. I'm not involved with the Deadly Stream staff, but judging by the site's regular efficiency it should be back up soon.
Thank you both for the feedback and I think it was about time someone would do a restoration project similar to KOTOR 2 : TSL. Let's hope the site will be back up soon.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
Darth D
Rookie

The site is up again !

Old 06-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I didn't test it afterwards, sorry. But everything worked fine with the Sith armor equipped. The spy approached me, then the whole gang fight. Also, I was surprised when I went into the apartments. I like that it's at least populated now. Nice touch

EDIT: Just finished the Matrik quest... People stood right in front of the apartment, meaning witnesses. Not a real problem, just thought it was funny.
EDIT 2: Well I like how you guys fixed the one bug where if you talked to Hendar after saving him from the rakghoul, you would get LS Points, but if you talked to Hesther, you wouldn't - or was it the other way around? I forget. But there is another bug in the Undercity that wasn't resolved, and this one's more troublesome:
Show spoiler
In regards to edit 1, I'll see about fixing that just for realism's sake.

As for edit 2, we didn't touch anything regarding the rakghoul serum in the Undercity so that may well be a vanilla bug.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
CptPriceless

Quote:
so that may well be a vanilla bug.
It is a vanilla bug. But so is the issue about gaining LS points from Hendar, but not Hesther - which I think this mod fixed.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
It is a vanilla bug. But so is the issue about gaining LS points from Hendar, but not Hesther - which I think this mod fixed.
Oh, then we'll get on fixing that for the final version of K1R. Thanks for the heads up Cpt.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
Darth D
Rookie

Hello again everyone, I have been testing the restoration mod on a new save and I have found a few things(bugs maybe) that I would like to post here.

The first thing is that the game is a little slower than before(I have been running with Anisotropy filter x16 and High graphics, impossible difficulty ) Before I installed the mod everything was going great now it is a bit laggy , very little almost unnoticeable but it's there. Also the cinematics take some more time to load and they are going a bit slower too. And another thing is when the sith officer on taris invites you to the party none of the npcs there fall down and the sith officer disappears and the quest is not advancing. I am still on taris and there are considerable changes and I enjoy the mod!

P.S. I have a question with what mods is it compatible? What about mods that alter the points you spend on feats and jedi powers?

Last edited by Darth D; 06-21-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #19
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Hello again everyone, I have been testing the restoration mod on a new save and I have found a few things(bugs maybe) that I would like to post here.

The first thing is that the game is a little slower than before(I have been running with Anisotropy filter x16 and High graphics, impossible difficulty ) Before I installed the mod everything was going great now it is a bit laggy , very little almost unnoticeable but it's there. Also the cinematics take some more time to load and they are going a bit slower too.
None of those things should've been caused by the demo....

Quote:
And another thing is when the sith officer on taris invites you to the party none of the npcs there fall down and the sith officer disappears and the quest is not advancing. I am still on taris and there are considerable changes and I enjoy the mod!
That's a known bug and we are working on fixing it.

Quote:
P.S. I have a question with what mods is it compatible? What about mods that alter the points you spend on feats and jedi powers?
It should be compatible with most mods, seeing as it uses the TSLPatcher. However, it is suggested you install this mod first over any other mod.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
None of those things should've been caused by the demo....

That's a known bug and we are working on fixing it.

It should be compatible with most mods, seeing as it uses the TSLPatcher. However, it is suggested you install this mod first over any other mod.
Thank you for the feedback. Then it must be another issue that the game is slower or a hardware issue I'll check it on. If you install it after another mod ? Is the mod going to work/change anything or there will be vanilla again?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #21
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. Then it must be another issue that the game is slower or a hardware issue I'll check it on. If you install it after another mod ? Is the mod going to work/change anything or there will be vanilla again?
Basically it'll work, but it'll overwrite any mods that use the same .MOD files we use.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #22
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Basically it'll work, but it'll overwrite any mods that use the same .MOD files we use.
Oh I see , thank you again! I hope to see the full mod soon. I'll keep you updated if I encounter any other bugs.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
Darth D
Rookie

Hello again ! I have another issue to post...on taris , undercity , when you give the rakghoul serum to the republic officer next to space pod and (blah blah blah) he hears something and a rakghoul attacks him. The first hit is fine(he is not dying) and then the scene/cinematic stops there with the rakghoul staring at the officer, I reloaded the game 3 times and still the same. I am posting it here because I had impossible difficulty . When I changed into difficult the republic officer died with the first hit and the cinematic/scene ending.

P.S. I hope I am not disturbing you in any way, I am saying this because I posted a lot of times here ...

Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Hello again ! I have another issue to post...on taris , undercity , when you give the rakghoul serum to the republic officer next to space pod and (blah blah blah) he hears something and a rakghoul attacks him. The first hit is fine(he is not dying) and then the scene/cinematic stops there with the rakghoul staring at the officer, I reloaded the game 3 times and still the same. I am posting it here because I had impossible difficulty . When I changed into difficult the republic officer died with the first hit and the cinematic/scene ending.

P.S. I hope I am not disturbing you in any way, I am saying this because I posted a lot of times here ...
Hmmm, I'll look into that. Strange that it only happened while you had the impossible difficulty on....

And don't worry, it's great that you're reporting bugs. It'd be a real bother if you found some but never told anyone.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 06-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #25
CptPriceless

I found another issue. After completing the "Promised Land" quest in the Undercity, the vanilla NPC's leave, but the added children remain. Parents can enjoy salvation, but the children become diseased orphans.

Last edited by CptPriceless; 06-24-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #26
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Hmmm, I'll look into that. Strange that it only happened while you had the impossible difficulty on....

And don't worry, it's great that you're reporting bugs. It'd be a real bother if you found some but never told anyone.
Yes you are right,there wouldn't be any benefit if I kept them(bugs) for myself. I have been thinking , about the bug/problem I told you earlier, maybe it is a scripting error because when you increase the difficulty the npcs get harder and harder to kill and the rakghoul hit is not powerful enough to kill the officer.I am not a modder but it is possible that something like this might have happened.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
Darth D
Rookie

I think I found something else too. After becoming the champion of Taris dueling arena and you talk to Bendak Starkiller he says to talk to Zax and the he leaves. I talked to Zax and he always tells me the same to wait some time.

P.S. I have gone out and in the cantina a million times and that usually works and you can fight with Bendak , but not this time.

Quote:
I found another issue. After completing the "Promised Land" quest in the Undercity, the vanilla NPC's leave, but the added children remain. Parents can enjoy salvation, but the children become diseased orphans.
Yes the same has happened to me.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #28
CptPriceless

Quote:
I think I found something else too. After becoming the champion of Taris dueling arena and you talk to Bendak Starkiller he says to talk to Zax and the he leaves. I talked to Zax and he always tells me the same to wait some time.
I email/chatted about this with FG. No response yet. Patience for both I guess

Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #29
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
I email/chatted about this with FG. No response yet. Patience for both I guess
OK! Then we will have to wait for a response ! Another question is this mod going to restore content only from Taris or from other planets and places as well?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
CptPriceless

Quote:
Another question is this mod going to restore content only from Taris or from other planets and places as well?
This is a demo of what they've done so far. Their main goal is to restore as much as possible, meaning everything BioWare cut - as long as it doesn't interfere with or contradict the main storyline.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #31
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
This is a demo of what they've done so far. Their main goal is to restore as much as possible, meaning everything BioWare cut - as long as it doesn't interfere with or contradict the main storyline.
That's great! So far they have restored only Taris right?What about dialogue option,for party members, that have been cut ? There is a mod about this though.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
We have restored things on other planets, but only Taris and some Dantooine is in the demo.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #33
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore5 View Post
We have restored things on other planets, but only Taris and some Dantooine is in the demo.
That's great! I am eager to check them out when the full mod comes out!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #34
Darth D
Rookie

I think I have another bug. On Dantoine , when you begin the quest with the murdered settler and you reach the point where you have to find a motive , after you talk to Handon("did you know the victim") the quest stays right there and it is not advancing.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
Yep, we know about that one.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #36
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Does the Duel Announcer only say "Talk to Ajuur, he's in charge here."?

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, he was saying that even when I became champion.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #38
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, he was saying that even when I became champion.
Yes, that's the only thing BioWare left in the files for him.

EDIT: The bug with the Black Vulkar cutscene has been addressed, fixed, and looks a lot better in my opinion. I'll get to work on fixing the bugs in the Lower City Apartments, and then the Undercity. I'll probably look at the cantina after that, and then Dantooine.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement

Last edited by Fallen Guardian; 06-25-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #39
Darth D
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, that's the only thing BioWare left in the files for him.
Why, was he supposed to do something else? Start a quest perhaps ?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #40
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Why, was he supposed to do something else? Start a quest perhaps ?
I doubt it. Maybe he would've reacted to your progression in the dueling ring but I doubt anything beyond that was planned.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > KotOR 1 Restoration Demo