lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1561
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Terribly late, I know, but I finally bought and started playing ME3 over the weekend.

After finally getting the game to install from the discs instead of downloading the whole thing (which I gather is still a problem for a lot of people), I'm enjoying it a lot, or at least I enjoyed it up to the part where the game keeps crashing on Tuchanka.

I've tried repairing install via Origin, but for some reason I'm unable to download any patches or updates once verifying the installation is ok.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #1562
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
So, Mass Effect 3 is going to be a Wii U launch title. Can anyone give me a wat?

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #1563
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
wat.

Believe me, it's a huge wat for me. I've already debated this with uber fans of Nintendo who basically think anything released on a Nintendo product is the greatest thing ever. They can't seem to grasp the logic that they being played for fools if they buy ME3 on Wii U but you can't really convince them otherwise

It's so stupid. Plus, not just ME3 on Wii U but Arkham City as well, a game that's been out for quite some time now. Assassin's Creed 3 can get away with it, though it's still part of a series that most Nintendo only gamers haven't played, though so was Dead Space: Extraction (which included heavy spoilers relating to the first Dead Space game).

Yeah, it's stupid.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #1564
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
What's stupid about it? From the consumer's perspective, if there are people that only buy Nintendo hardware then it gives them an opportunity to play games they otherwise wouldn't (I would probably try a number of the PS3 exclusives if they were ported to 360 or PC). From a business perspective, it's a cost effective way to cut your teeth on a new development platform and derive extra revenue from an existing product. I don't see what people are complaining about. This is really no different to what PC gamers have experienced for years (especially from Rockstar). Ports that turn up years after the originals launched.
DarthParametric is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1565
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I guess you're right, whether you've played all the ME games or just ME3, it doesn't make **** all difference to the ending cause it'll still suck either way.

It's stupid because I know the Nintendo-only console gamer and they're a different kind of fanbase than what you'd find with the PS3, 360 and PC base. Basically very few people will buy ME3 because it's not a game that was "made for Nintendo"... there's a really strange reasoning that goes behind it, but basically if fans know that a game is made for a Nintendo console, they'll buy it like hotcakes, even if the game is really terrible like Red Steel. Ubisoft basically said "we're making a game just for you guys" and everyone bought it while all of the Call of Duty ports end up bombing and get thrown into the bargain bin cause no one plays them.

You're right, it is a smart idea in that BioWare is making a really cheap cash grab, but it's still stupid.

Arkham City I feel is a better fit but they tried to show it off as a game that would BRING people to Wii U, they were trying to demonstrate the game is better on Wii U and you should buy one. Where are they trying bring them from, platforms where they have already played the game?

Assassin's Creed 3 on the other hand is the best to represent multiplatform titles on Wii U... it hasn't been released yet and while it may be the latest in a pretty long series now, Ubisoft can easily release the previous AC games on Wii U for a budget price much like Capcom did with the entire Resident Evil series on the GameCube. Out of the three, Ubisoft is making the smartest move. Not only are they introducing Assassin's Creed to the Nintendo gamer with the ability of porting the previous games to Wii U if they choose, but they also have ZombiU in the works which is a "made for Nintendo" game... BioWare = stupid. Ubisoft = smart.

EDIT: oh, and let's face it, without all of the references to things that happened in the previous games and all that we experiences, ME3 is just ends up being a mindless action movie with a crappy ending... I mean even more so than it is to us, the people who have played the other games.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #1566
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Presumably they'll give them some sort of intro/back story to get them up to speed, the same as they did for PS3 players of ME2, coming into the series without having played ME1.

As for Bioware being stupid, well you'll get no argument from me there, but I suspect our reasoning differs. In terms of your comparison though, it would be fairer to say Ubisoft is smart and EA is stupid.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #1567
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

True, I shouldn't blame BioWare for this when it's obviously an EA incentive to push this onto Wii U.

And I say again, EA is clearly making a good business decision because the overall cost will end up being paid off eventually and they'll probably make a little bit of profit from having ME3 on Wii U... but they clearly don't understand the user-base they're trying to sell this to in the first place which also makes them stupid. This is just a really short-sighted money grab and that's really all it is. Plain and simple.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #1568
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Of course. Were EA not the biggest producers of shovelware for the Wii?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #1569
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

With such quality games as...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #1570
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Here we go...

FAQ: http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/extended_cut/

View page
YouTube Video

Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #1571
Red Hessian

Current Game: The Banner Saga
Please... the "extended cut" will be a mash-up of pictures and cutscenes at the end detailing the fate of various species and squad members in a sunshine-and-butterflies fanfic style to appease the hordes.

If there was actually any content worth while, they wouldn't give it away for free.

Last edited by Red Hessian; 06-22-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Grammar
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #1572
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

No no, this "extended cut" will be exactly what I don't want it to be, because my awesome ideas and sense of content worth are so epically lofty, they cannot possibly be given away for free.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #1573
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ Red Hessian: If BioWare tried to actually have people PAY for this "Extended Cut" then the amount of rage launched toward them for doing so would be 10 times as much as what they got for the ending itself...

No, this is the safer thing to do for them in terms of appeasing as many people as they can, and even without knowing the content of this "Extended Cut" I can bet that it'll most likely please people enough that it'll put BioWare back on their good side. It won't be everyone, but enough...

Either way, no one's forcing anyone to go back and play ME3 if they don't want to... or to even download the Extended Cut. This really is for the people who care enough to get it... now all we have to do is wait for it to come out, see what people think and if it enrages or calms them down...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #1574
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Wait and see w/low to no expectations, as it seems to be most prudent course. Still, seems kind of a pain to have to replay 2+ hours of endgame in order for it to kick in. Not a deal breaker, mind you, just a minor annoyance. Also, agree that selling it would merely compound the anger......especially if people thought it sucked.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #1575
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Late to the party, but I finally installed and played ME3. Just finished it.

Wow. Bioware did a hell of a job crafting this game - it was fantastic. The combat was more varied, improved, and enjoyable, and I welcomed the reintroduction of RPG elements in the form of weapon customization. The whole game also felt much more polished than ME2. But the best thing about it, I thought, was the character depth and development - especially after coming off an RPG that had next to none of it (Skyrim). Made me remember why I loved Bioware's games. I like the design decision of trading main character quantity for individual depth, though I was a bit disappointed at the lack of inclusion of ME2's unique party members. I suppose ME2's 'live or die' dynamic proved too difficult/complex to develop further into ME3.

But dear Lord, the ending...

TBH the first time around, I was too awed by the cinematographic execution of the ending to realize what I just saw was flawed. It was only a while afterwards that a significant 'Wait, what?' reaction surfaced, and I proceeded to pick apart the ending to discover what was wrong with it. Despite the plot holes and deviance from established themes, my main gripe with it was the brutal lack of closure for an IP that I had heavily invested into emotionally (It almost had me on the verge of tears). I really hope the announced Extended Cut rectifies this well.

As for the plot holes, I don't know how Bioware is going to fix them without changing/retconning the original ending. But doing so would be admitting that they were wrong the first time around. Yet, if they don't address the issues sufficiently, they stand to gain a significant amount of damage to their reputation. A tricky pickle, for sure.
A related issue would be what could happen if a lot of gamers think they can change existing games by causing a big enough hooplah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hessian View Post
sunshine-and-butterflies fanfic style to appease the hordes.
I certainly hope not. I quite liked the bitterness of the current ending. I just would've hoped for something like an opportunity to contact your crew/the galaxy one last time to warn them of what you're about to do and/or say goodbye. Perhaps even the chance to give one last epic speech..
As I said: closure.

Quote:
If there was actually any content worth while, they wouldn't give it away for free.
I don't know... Bioware's pretty much facing a lynch mob.. I think it's either deliver or die, at this point. Charging for it would most likely damage their reputation regardless of the DLC's quality, as fans are feeling quite entitled to it.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 06-23-2012 at 04:15 AM.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #1576
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, i've played through this game multiple times now, and i can understand what they were thinking when they wrote the ending. as i've done a bit of writing in the past, i know firsthand that, as a writer, you don't want the ending to be forgettable. why? because the last impression is a lasting impression. you want something different to happen that deviates from expectations, at least a little.

what Bioware did here, though, almost seems rushed. they can say that they put a lot of time and thought into it, but i beg to differ. IMHO, it feels like they had originally put in that grand and epic ending that we were all expecting, and somewhere towards the end of the dev cycle, a senior level person took a look at it and said, "No, lets do something different where the player has to make one last choice."

as a writer, i'm not opposed to giving the player one last choice as it fits in with the premise of the game. i just would've done it different:
spoiler:
to me, the synthesis choice makes the least amount of sense. sure, every world could've been flooded with nanobots or something to turn organics into partial synthetics, but how do you turn, say the Geth, into a partial organic?? sure you could get creative, but to me it doesn't make sense.

my proposal would be that the Catalyst is actually a "Master" Reaper, or at least the synthetic lifeform that originally created or controlled the Reapers, and it currently controls the Reapers. instead of it seemingly being able to read your mind, just make it access the databases that are likely still inside the Citadel (it is right there, after all) to know who Shepherd is and so on.

for background on the Catalyst, it could be a synthetic that was created by an organic species to help fight off invaders of some kind. once the invaders were destroyed, the synthetic's creators would have some sort of conflict with the synthetics that results in the synthetics starting to systematically wipe out all organic life. the Catalyst, however, opposed the logic that all organics should be destroyed, and it came up with its solution to prevent future organics from creating new synthetics.

the choice would just be destruction or control, same as before. however, the reason a choice needs to be made is simple: the Catalyst lacks emotional insight into how organics feel about its "solution". the Crucible, then, is actually the Catalyst's plan to allow organics to break the cycle.

the destruction choice should remain the same as it seems to be quite logical, and that includes the destruction of EDI and the Geth. the control choice, however, could use some tweaking. my idea is simply this: the control choice transforms Shepherd into the new Catalyst (which, as you remember, still controls the Reapers). this would allow an organic to become a full synthetic and bring an emotional insight into the old Catalyst's solution.

of course, the implications there would be huge if you were either Renegade/Paragon, and i can imagine that a very different ending would take place one way or the other.
anyways, i think that would do more to solve the actual ending than the Extended Cut will. sure, it will be nice to see some more consequences of our previous actions in the ending and bring some closure to some of the characters, but the ending itself is still going to be a bit disappointing.

all that said, i still think that ME3 is the best combination thus far of a 3rd person shooter and an RPG to date. the combat is fantastic, and the RPG elements don't feel stripped down so much like ME2. the characters feel real with a couple of very flat exceptions (still not a Zaeed fan), and the game really tugs at your heartstrings with a number of great moments.

overall, ME3 is one of the best games of all time, but it just falls short in one area: the ending.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #1577
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It wasn't rushed. The end is virtually unchanged from what was in the leaked script months before release. It was just extremely poor writing.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #1578
Jamps

I hate to sound lazy when it comes to playing video games, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to watch it on YouTube.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #1579
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
It wasn't rushed. The end is virtually unchanged from what was in the leaked script months before release. It was just extremely poor writing.
i actually do know this, but my point was that it was how it felt at the time when i first experienced the ending.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #1580
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
what Bioware did here, though, almost seems rushed. they can say that they put a lot of time and thought into it, but i beg to differ. IMHO, it feels like they had originally put in that grand and epic ending that we were all expecting, and somewhere towards the end of the dev cycle, a senior level person took a look at it and said, "No, lets do something different where the player has to make one last choice."

Quote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but the reason ME3's ending sucked was because all the writers were locked out of creating the ending, except the lead writer, by executive producer Casey Hudson. Up till that point, all the writing was put up for peer review by the whole writing team. But for no discernible reason, Hudson "assumed control" of the ending, and only allowed the lead writer to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Weekes, Mass Effect writer
“I have nothing to do with the ending beyond a) having argued successfully a long time ago that we needed a chance to say goodbye to our squad, b)
Show spoiler
and c) having written Tali’s goodbye bit, as well as a couple of the holo-goodbyes for people I wrote (Mordin, Kasumi, Jack, etc).

No other writer did, either, except for our lead. This was entirely the work of our lead and Casey himself, sitting in a room and going through draft after draft.

And honestly, it kind of shows.
I very much agree with Weekes here:

Quote:
I still teared up at the ending myself, but really, I was tearing up for the quick flashbacks to old friends and the death of Anderson. I wasn’t tearing up over making a choice that, as it turned out, didn’t have enough cutscene differentiation on it.

And to be clear, I don’t even really wish Shepard had gotten a ride-off-into-sunset ending. I was honestly okay with
Show spoiler
I just expected it to be for something with more obvious differentiation, and a stronger tie to the core themes — all three of them.”
Show spoiler

Quote:
all that said, i still think that ME3 is the best combination thus far of a 3rd person shooter and an RPG to date. the combat is fantastic, and the RPG elements don't feel stripped down so much like ME2. the characters feel real with a couple of very flat exceptions (still not a Zaeed fan), and the game really tugs at your heartstrings with a number of great moments.

overall, ME3 is one of the best games of all time, but it just falls short in one area: the ending.
Agree.

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 06-25-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #1581
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
So, I haven't really gotten far with ME3 yet. Now the the question is do I get the extended cut and never experience the original ending?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #1582
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
And scripts leaked months before release imply the game wasn't rushed how? Obviously they weren't working uptil the day before release, but IIRC the ending was done in October, which is absurdly late a time to be wrapping up the writing.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #1583
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
So, I haven't really gotten far with ME3 yet. Now the the question is do I get the extended cut and never experience the original ending?
Without seeing the extended cut that is hard to say. With BioWares track record lately, I'm just worried that they don't mess up the ending even worse trying to fix it. Frankly I love the ending and the game up until the last elevator ride, after that I have accepted it for what it is without forcing total hate for the entire series.

Last edited by mimartin; 06-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #1584
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
And scripts leaked months before release imply the game wasn't rushed how?
When it leaked was not when it was written. It was finished well before then - the "script" was ripped from the TLK of a beta version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
You can't. The EC is the original ending, just with some extra dialogue. There is no new ending, as they have repeatedly said. You're still going to be served up what everyone else got back in March.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #1585
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Since you have to have a save before the Attack on the Cerberus base,...I'm guessing we will see scenes about How the Citadel moved and info on who got out before it was moved.

Fingers cross with being able to argue with the Star Kid, even if it doesn't change the outcome,...just like the option to argue with it,....lol Bad Star child!..Go to your Room and take your Space Magic with you! lol

Over all I just want them to make it flow better and make more sense - Meaning less just saying to the player ,use your imagination-

I'm not looking for a new ending but would be interesting if these tease anything with the Indoctrinate theory, but doubt that, ....All I want it to do is fill in the blanks and not allow me to feel like the universe is doomed...Thats all..Then I could do a second playthrough...(fingers cross)

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #1586
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

I've been looking into the indoctrination theory recently, and I'm pretty much sold. I'm going to be *very* surprised if aspects of this theory isn't part of the Extended Cut.

Two 1.5 hour doco's with pretty damning evidence that Bioware is very much likely in the process of executing the biggest troll in gaming history:

View page
YouTube Video

View page
YouTube Video

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #1587
logan23
Veteran

I don't believe they will say yes or no to the indoctrination theory but I wouldn't be surprise if we see a future DLC that actually adds it to the game. Bioware is known for listening to players and they know many are interested in this theory.

They could easily add in content like the Omega DLC, and build one where it actually has a side story where Shepard is fighting Indoctrination. This would be a cool way to add some interesting DLC content at the same time giving a wink to the fan base.

I would be down for an Indoctrination DLC that happens before the ending of the game. If they did they should add in Harbinger as the main enemy there so if the EC does not expand on him, then this DLC could resolve the feeling we didn't get to fight him, wither its with guns or best mentally- argument. I would love to see a inner fight between Shepard and Harbinger inside Shepard's mind before the ending of Me3 as part of an Indoctrination DLC.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #1588
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
I'm going to be *very* surprised if aspects of this theory isn't part of the Extended Cut.

I'd start practicing my "surprised" face now if I were you.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #1589
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
I think about 30% of me buys indoctrination theory, but if it turns out to be true and intended the whole time by Bioware, 80% of me will consider it awesome.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #1590
logan23
Veteran

I tweeted the ME3 community manager about the idea of the Indoctrination DLC (happens before ending). Will let you know if i hear anything back.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #1591
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
If indoctrination is part of the answer, I will burn my copies of the series, quit TOR and never play a BioWare game again. IMO the stupidest theory ever.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #1592
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I thought the Indoctrination Theory was burned at the stake.

Guess not.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #1593
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
When it leaked was not when it was written. It was finished well before then - the "script" was ripped from the TLK of a beta version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars Technica
In "The Final Days of Mass Effect 3" iPad app, journalist Geoff Keighley discusses how Hudson and writer Mac Walters were debating the final bits of end game dialogue "right up until the end of 2011," even delaying Martin Sheen's Illusive Man voice recording session from August to mid-November to give more writing time.
That sounds like rushed to me, Parametric.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #1594
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDR View Post
I thought the Indoctrination Theory was burned at the stake.

Guess not.
This. I though Bioware shot the Indoctrination Theory down not long before they announced the Extended Cut.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #1595
logan23
Veteran

Bioware won't touch the topic of Indoctrination Theory...but I would bet money that the EC will not say no fully to it but will not use the Indoctrination Theory in it. They will just add in new details on the existing ending.

But a certain number of the fanbase that's interested in the Indoctrination Theory.

I can see Bioware releasing an Indoctrination DLC that explores the concept of Indoctrination but this content would be before the ME3 ending, I mean before the return to Earth. It would be like any DLC, a section of it's own and would not change the ending.

@mimartin- Don't worry Bioware will not be jumping on the Indoctrination Theory train lol
They have defended their vision for the ending, they won't change it. The ending will stay as it is in the Vanilla game. =)

Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #1596
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
I tweeted the ME3 community manager about the idea of the Indoctrination DLC (happens before ending). Will let you know if i hear anything back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanlord56 View Post
This. I though Bioware shot the Indoctrination Theory down not long before they announced the Extended Cut.
Quote:
Bioware won't touch the topic of Indoctrination Theory...but I would bet money that the EC will not say no fully to it but will not use the Indoctrination Theory in it. They will just add in new details on the existing ending.
Quote:
@mimartin- Don't worry Bioware will not be jumping on the Indoctrination Theory train lol
They have defended their vision for the ending, they won't change it. The ending will stay as it is in the Vanilla game. =)
Here are some relevant tweets:
Show spoiler

It seems to me that she/they're going to extra efforts to specifically *not* disprove the IT, but rather to make it ambiguous.

Show spoiler

~6 hours to go...

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #1597
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
That sounds like rushed to me, Parametric.
Debating a few lines of dialogue is not the same as writing the whole ending.

In that specific example I think it was primarily because they debated having the IM as a final boss fight, but ultimately decided it would be too "gamey" (after all, you don't want icky game mechanics getting in the way of your glorious cinematic artistry). Plus I'm pretty sure when you have a guy like Martin Sheen in the booth, you want to make sure you have everything finalised so you don't have to call him back to re-record anything. I doubt he comes cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
It seems to me that she/they're going to extra efforts to specifically *not* disprove the IT, but rather to make it ambiguous.
Of course. If they don't come out and shoot it down it allows people to remain in denial. People in denial are still invested in the franchise, so you can potentially sell them DLC and other product.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #1598
Paddy Garcia
Rookie

Take anything and everything Jessica Merizan says with a grain of salt. She isn't actually a developer; just the community manager. She's not always informed on the super secret stuff.
Paddy Garcia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #1599
Red Hessian

Current Game: The Banner Saga
Hey, when someone tests the EC, post your findings on what's been added and if something's been changed. I'm in a mood for a good laugh.
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #1600
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Just noticed (and started the download of) the Extended Cut on my 360.

Seems to be 1.85GB in size...

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3