lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Scripting Tool (New Application)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
jamezy91
Rookie

Helpful! 
Kotor Scripting Tool (Updated v0.1.3.1) w/ Installer

Well I decided to throw my hat into the ring amidst the slew of Scripting tools for the Kotor games. It was never really my intent to make an app this big but as I started coding I just couldn't stop lol. I started mostly out of my frustration with the other script compilers either not working on my windows 7 machine or lacking features I have become accustomed to in other text processors I use.

Anyways feel free to use and or test it out. Overall I would love to hear feedback from you guys .

About Kotor Scripting Tool

Kotor Scripting Tool is my attempt at a scripting interface for nwnnsscomp.exe.

The tool has many useful features to try and make the scripting process a lot easier.

Features include:
Compile & Decompile Scripts
Syntax highlighting
Tabbed Text Editor
Advanced Find & Replace
Browsable nwscript function list
Browsable nwscript constants list

Future things I would like to include are full decompile capability, and Autocomplete for functions and constants.

I am using Fred Tetra's version of nwnnsscomp.exe therefor it should be compatible with both kotor & tsl. Just a note I have only tried Kotor atm. If you have tsl installed it shoould work though.

Screenshot

Change Log
v0.1.3.1
* Fixed a bug where functions with lower case names like the math functions "acos" and "sin" were not displayed correctly in the functions list (Total functions affected 11)
* The Functions and Constants lists are now automatically sorted alphabetically by name.
v0.1.3.0
*Added preliminary AutoComplete capability for function suggestions as you type.
*As AutoComplete is still kind of buggy I added a button in the Options menu to turn off AutoComplete functionality.
*Added the ability to set KotOR Scripting Tool as the default application for .nss & .ncs files
*Added more documentation.
*If you choose Find or Find and Replace the "Find What" field will now be populated with your current selection.

Installation
Exe Installer
If you download the installer just browse to your download folder and run the setup file. *Note* The installer will also associate .nss & .ncs files with Kotor Scripting Tool.

Z-Zip Archive
Download and extract the file below. Once extracted navigate to the directory and run Kotor Scripting Tool.exe

BTW to uncompress the files you will need an application that can uncompress 7-Zip files.

This program was compiled in C# with version 4.0 of the .NET Framework if you do not already have it downloaded you will need to download it here.

Current Release
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.1 Automatic Installer [Download Here]
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.1 7-Zip [Download Here]

Previous Versions
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.0 Automatic Installer [Download Here]
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.0 7-Zip [Download Here]
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.2.0 7-Zip [Download Here]
Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.1.0 7-Zip [Download Here]

If there are any bugs I do apologize I have tried to make sure I got them all... but there always seems to be one or two that slip out.

My Work's in Progress | [WIP] Revan's Playable Visions
My Tutorials | [Tutorial] Adding custom music to KOTOR My Apps | [Application] KotOR Scripting Tool

Last edited by jamezy91; 07-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
jamezy91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
bunjeeman
Rookie

How much better and easier to understand/use is this compared to KotOr Tool? Does it lessen the chance of syntax errors and other general problems?

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
bunjeeman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
I just love the fact that it has a built in decompiler thats great.

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjeeman View Post
How much better and easier to understand/use is this compared to KotOr Tool? Does it lessen the chance of syntax errors and other general problems?
It's not easier or harder. He's made it possible to script without the games installed, and a few other features.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Vindikorr
Rookie

Current Game: TOR
Um, maybe I'm being stupid here but where is the decompiler. Also does it have any added functionality, or does it work any better than, DeNCS?

My WIP: The Liberation of Manaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalbiscuit
Can tell it's been a busy day, 121 Chrome tabs open
28.04428% on the geek test

Bile Beans keep you healthy, bright-eyed and slim
Vindikorr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Kotor Scripting Tool (New Application)