lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Need a modders favor..
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Need a modders favor..

Hey guys..

I need a favor which would make this mod Im kinda working on go smoother and timelier, since I dont have much time to mod anymore and have fallen out of it as of late.

Basically I just need someone that knows what they are doing to take Shem's "Bao-Dur wears Jedi Robes" head model and make a copy of it (with animations, i cant seem to be able to retain the head animations), with a newly renamed head texture (P_ZabrakH), and then renaming the head to P_ZabrakH.mdl/.mdx.

Pretty simple right?

Basically this will be a new playable Zabrak head that would have a normal player body so that he could wear robes and such..I was successful in making the new P_Zabrak head, but the animations were missing, I dont know if that was from Shem's head model or something I wasnt doing, but the skins are being worked on to the best of my ability.

Who's game?

-QDJ
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Been waiting for this for a while >.<

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
Hey guys..

I need a favor which would make this mod Im kinda working on go smoother and timelier, since I dont have much time to mod anymore and have fallen out of it as of late.

Basically I just need someone that knows what they are doing to take Shem's "Bao-Dur wears Jedi Robes" head model and make a copy of it (with animations, i cant seem to be able to retain the head animations), with a newly renamed head texture (P_ZabrakH), and then renaming the head to P_ZabrakH.mdl/.mdx.

Pretty simple right?

Basically this will be a new playable Zabrak head that would have a normal player body so that he could wear robes and such..I was successful in making the new P_Zabrak head, but the animations were missing, I dont know if that was from Shem's head model or something I wasnt doing, but the skins are being worked on to the best of my ability.

Who's game?

-QDJ
So, you want to use the head, as-is, for use as a playable PC? Well, all you have to do is rename the head model, match the skin's name to it, and then in heads.2da, just rename the character that you want to replace(example would be PMHA01) and then fill in the texture slots with the names of your textures.

Alternatively, you might just rename the zabrak head and skins to a row already in heads.2da, that way you won't have to mess with TSLPatcher, if you don't want to.
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Shaggoth

btw, is there any way me can convert this head model to k1?

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Quote:
Well, all you have to do is rename the head model, match the skin's name to it, and then in heads.2da, just rename the character that you want to replace(example would be PMHA01) and then fill in the texture slots with the names of your textures.
No, wanted it to be a new head with its own line in heads.2da, and appearance.2da, not replacing any existing heads.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Would the darth maul skin work on a new head?

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev1011 View Post
Would the darth maul skin work on a new head?
As long as the darth maul skin is renamed to match the model, it should work. Only thing to worry about is the UV-Mapping.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
So then all I have to do is rename P_Bao_DurH.mdl/.mdx to P_ZabrakH.mdl/.mdx, match the new texture name and drop it all in override?
How is the head going to know what texture to use?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
So then all I have to do is rename P_Bao_DurH.mdl/.mdx to P_ZabrakH.mdl/.mdx, match the new texture name and drop it all in override?
How is the head going to know what texture to use?
In the heads.2da, you can specify the head model name, head texture, and othe head textures(aka darkside transitions).

Here's a pic:
Show spoiler

As long as you match your skins up with the template:
Model->LS texture->Full DS texture->Partial DS texture for the next three slots

everything oughta end just fine. I might also mention that you want to make sure that the right Heads.2da row number is inserted in the Appearance.2da slot, it's called 'normalhead'. The other head slot immediately after it is for a backup head, in the event that the same head is already present(ie.You have Mira's head as your own, and she joins the group.)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #10
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
stuff I already knew, but thanks anyway...

It didnt work..
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Have you tried hex-editing the model? Aside from that, I think that the alttexture column in heads.2da is used so one doesn't have to hex-edit. Just specify the te texture you want in alttexture and it should take effect.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
Basically I just need someone that knows what they are doing to take Shem's "Bao-Dur wears Jedi Robes" head model and make a copy of it (with animations, i cant seem to be able to retain the head animations)

Who's game?

-QDJ
I was just re-reading this, and am gonna throw a guess out here:
Show spoiler

Again, I'm going on a limb here, so don't be annoyed if I'm stating the obvious.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Need a modders favor..