lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Widescreen Patch?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
thejman217
Rookie

Widescreen Patch?

Can someone tell me where to download the widescreen patch? Ive been looking and it looks as if the game looks great running in widescreen. But, will i have to reinstall the game in order to install and take effect? A link to where i can download the widescreen patch would be very helpful. Thanks in advance to answering all of these questions!
thejman217 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
KotOR 1 or 2?

I don't recommend the one for KotOR 2 anymore because it requires a cracked .exe and there isn't one available that's been properly patched to 1.0b. Even though the crack that's floating around claims to be version 1.0b, it isn't, so you'll have to give up a lot of the fixes in the latest patch.

The KotOR 1 version can be found on the Widescreen Gaming Forum.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Suaidan
Rookie

Current Game: KoToR 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
KotOR 1 or 2?

I don't recommend the one for KotOR 2 anymore because it requires a cracked .exe and there isn't one available that's been properly patched to 1.0b. Even though the crack that's floating around claims to be version 1.0b, it isn't, so you'll have to give up a lot of the fixes in the latest patch.

The KotOR 1 version can be found on the Widescreen Gaming Forum.
I have also found patches or 3rd party programs for these 2 particular games have caused me more issues then they have fixed sadly.

"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"- Derek Bok
Suaidan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
thejman217
Rookie

Well that sucks.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Luckily KotOR 1 can be patched to widescreen without a crack.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 08-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
thejman217
Rookie

Can you give me the link?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Q
The one who knocks

Look in the Taris Upper City Emporium.

-Toker
Old 08-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
thejman217
Rookie

I found it, but is it a self extracting .exe? Will it automatically install once downloaded?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #9
Darth Dan 012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejman217 View Post
I found it, but is it a self extracting .exe? Will it automatically install once downloaded?
Go to where KotOR 1 is currently installed, copy swkotor.exe, put it in a separate location (like a new desktop folder), then just replace the original in the install directory with the widescreen one that you downloaded.
Darth Dan 012 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Widescreen Patch?