lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [TSL] New Head Choice: The Exile's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
[TSL] New Head Choice: The Exile's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Seeing as the thread for Revan's Canonical Face, it should've been inevitable that this thread would make an appearance.

Now that we now know what the Exile (discussed here as Meetra Surik though I hate that name) looks like, is it possible that someone could create a head for the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords game that resembles her? I have included a screenshot I snapped when I played through the Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint.

In addition, I found video of the Exile
Show spoiler
in Maelstrom Prison on YouTube. You'll start to see her at around a minute and six seconds into the video.

View page
YouTube Video

As I haven't read the Revan novel, I'm unsure if they actually mention hair color and skin complexion in it. I have the audiobook but I haven't made it all the way through it yet.) If you know of such a thing listed in the novel, feel free to chime in!

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Matten
Lurker

"Meetra had short brown hair, pale white skin, and piercing blue eyes. She was taller than
Bastila, and almost a decade older, though she would still be considered beautiful by any
empirical measure. She possessed a presence and confidence, along with an enviable natural
grace. She was clad in the simple robes of a Jedi Master, but somehow she managed to make
even the drab brown cloth seem stylish."

Last edited by Matten; 05-19-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: I found the actual Quote from the Revan-book.
Matten is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
This has already been done.

Now, before you start thinking that it looks nothing like the screenshot you posted, bear in mind that in that photo Meetra has her hair pulled back and is appearing as a colorless specter, which is why her hair appears light. The skin is based on the packaging for her action figure, where her hair is down and is confirmed to be brown. Thus, it's her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I know it doesn't look EXACTLY like the TOR version, but what do you guys think of, in all likelihood, my official canon version of The Exile?

Show spoiler

Got the piercing blue eyes, skin can be paler if needed and the brown hair that people seem to associate with the Jedi Exile.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Nice job. At first I felt the eyes should be more cyan, but after looking over it a couple times I have to say that you hit the eye color spot on.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
Nice job. At first I felt the eyes should be more cyan, but after looking over it a couple times I have to say that you hit the eye color spot on.
Alls I did was put the Exile hair on the blonde ponytail-bun girl. Even the eye color is unchanged.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Nice job!

And, uh, I know it's simply a result of your skin not being finished, but the five o'clock shadow is kind of funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Darth DeadMan
Rookie

Current Game: StarCraft II
Looks good, VP!
Have you already tested this model in the game? I'm asking, because when *I* try to merge *this* hair with *any* other head model, dangly meshes are screwed, but it doesn't happen to me when I'm playing with other hairs.

Stay metal, live forever, never die!

My mods @ DeadlyStream
Darth DeadMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth DeadMan View Post
Looks good, VP!
Have you already tested this model in the game? I'm asking, because when *I* try to merge *this* hair with *any* other head model, dangly meshes are screwed, but it doesn't happen to me when I'm playing with other hairs.
Glad you asked. The results were catastrophic. Even with my headfixer, things are wonky.

I have an idea, but we'll see if it works....

EDIT: Unsuccessful....

I've even got some other issues with the head model which baffle me a bit... but oh well. Just keep working...

EDIT #2: SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Fortunately, I've gotten custom danglymeshes to work before (Yes, this opens a whole new aspect of head modeling). So I tried converting the danglyhair to just a trimesh and add the auroraflex modifier back in - head showed up in game, no problems! Now, it's just a matter of figuring out how the hell to configure how much it sways and stuff like that.

Last edited by VarsityPuppet; 06-01-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Glad you asked. The results were catastrophic. Even with my headfixer, things are wonky.

I have an idea, but we'll see if it works....

EDIT: Unsuccessful....

I've even got some other issues with the head model which baffle me a bit... but oh well. Just keep working...

Fortunately, I've gotten custom danglymeshes to work before (Yes, this opens a whole new aspect of head modeling). So I tried converting the danglyhair to just a trimesh and add the auroraflex modifier back in - head showed up in game, no problems! Now, it's just a matter of figuring out how the hell to configure how much it sways and stuff like that.
Oh good; so, it wasn't just me for which that hair didn't like moving. But, glad to hear you got it working. Anyways, your model looks nice. Though, I would suggest touching up the texture on the top of her forehead in the middle.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
Darth DeadMan
Rookie

Current Game: StarCraft II
Quote:

Fortunately, I've gotten custom danglymeshes to work before (Yes, this opens a whole new aspect of head modeling). So I tried converting the danglyhair to just a trimesh and add the auroraflex modifier back in - head showed up in game, no problems!
That's... good news!
Quote:
Now, it's just a matter of figuring out how the hell to configure how much it sways and stuff like that.
I think I've seen tutorial for this stuff somewhere. It was for NWN, but I suppose it should work for KotOR as well. I'll post link here If I'll find it.

Stay metal, live forever, never die!

My mods @ DeadlyStream
Darth DeadMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Damn glad you got the hair to work!

It looks like the mouth on your model is wider than the one on the TOR Exile mod. Is there any way to change that too?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #13
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Rookie

Aww I guess the upgrading of the forum deleted Varsitypuppet's cool looking pics of his Exile head. Any chance we can get those back up?

www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
Mass Effect Unification Released, click on our channel to get it!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
Gatherum
Rookie

Ugh. I have to say that, from a story perspective, The Old Republic is kind of a disaster. Surik looks entirely too... what's the word... sophisticated. From her clothing, to her hair, to her... general appearance, she just comes across to me as a slightly trimmed down version of Atris, which really doesn't suit her. Neither does her voice, which sounds aged and somewhat more monotone than it should be. I know she's a seasoned veteran of at least one war, wandered the galaxy for a decade, and that she would have to be somewhere within her thirties or early forties, but nonetheless, I always envisioned her as being... I dunno... altogether more youthful, in voice and appearance. Someone who aged extremely well, contrasting with how most people see Kreia.

^ She looks great to me here. Perfect, even.
I suppose it's strange to be speaking as if a canonical rendition of a character is wrong in some way and could be made right when that character first appeared to us completely customisable, from appearance to personality (I'm sure there are some who envision the Exile quite differently than I do). I don't mind at all that she was canonised, but I do think that they ruined her a little bit in the process.

Sorry; didn't mean to derail this. I suppose I was taken aback since this is the first I'd seen of the new Exile as portrayed in ToR.

Speaking on VarsityPuppet's head, it looks good, though it doesn't seem superior to, or really distinct enough from, the adapted PFHC05d1. Which is not to say that it's a bad job by any means (in fact, I'd encourage continuation of it, if only because you're discovering ways to make the danglymeshes work, which could have positive implications on future mods), but in a way, I think the latter just fits better--even though all it required was a hair colour change--mostly because of the face, which, not even gonna lie, looks entirely more attractive and is probably the closest thing we'll get to the picture I linked above.
Gatherum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherum View Post
I think the latter just fits better--even though all it required was a hair colour change--mostly because of the face, which, not even gonna lie, looks entirely more attractive and is probably the closest thing we'll get to the picture I linked above.
To each his own. Sure, maybe the face wasn't correct, but I don't think the one on Kotorfiles is any closer. I know exactly which head to use though...

Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #16
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
I know it doesn't look EXACTLY like the TOR version, but what do you guys think of, in all likelihood, my official canon version of The Exile?

Show spoiler

Got the piercing blue eyes, skin can be paler if needed and the brown hair that people seem to associate with the Jedi Exile.
Question: Is there any way to shorten the bridge of the nose juuust a smidge and maybe narrow the mouth without wreaking too much havoc?

Other than that, I'd say you're pretty damn close to Surik's canonical face.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > [TSL] New Head Choice: The Exile's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Tags
exile, meetra surik