lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dragon Age
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #441
Rake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos9t View Post
Have you played Awakening?
I have, I encountered one frustrating bug in the silvertite mines and lost my armor. I just reloaded to a few minutes back though and was fine. Aside from that, I haven't run into any noticeable bugs in DAO or Awakenings (key word: noticeable, maybe a quest didn't appear or something but I have no idea).
Rake is offline   you may:
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #442
Thanatos9t

Helpful! 
There will also be another (unless you recruited Justice last), is that the last party member to join your team cannot go through their joining as it cancels that dialog tree in place of the last mission conversation.

Also in Amaranthine if you accept both the smugglers and the guards quests you cannot finish one of those quests or if you are unlucky both of them as they both see you as enemies.

Along with all sorts of other bugs which annoyed me no end as I always try to complete all active quests before completing the game.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Last edited by Thanatos9t; 09-01-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Thanatos9t is offline   you may:
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #443
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
and the very annoying Sentinel Armor and Vigilance bug..the vigilance swords appear as the starfang swords and the sentinel armor set appears as the warden commander armor..but of these, from warden's keep..the helm appears normal because there is no warden commander helmet to compete with..

This bugged the hell outta me..I mean sure, it's not serious, but it's still presentation. It makes me wonder if they test their games at all. Awakening is very buggy. And what annoyed me more was that they said they couldn't patch it, but there is a workaround which involves deleting warden's keep. I shouldnt HAVE to delete a DLC i paid for to fix a bug that should NOT have been there in the first place..

Taak Farst is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #444
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos9t View Post
There will also be another (unless you recruited Justice last), is that the last party member to join your team cannot go through their joining as it cancels that dialog tree in place of the last mission conversation.

Also in Amaranthine if you accept both the smugglers and the guards quests you cannot finish one of those quests or if you are unlucky both of them as they both see you as enemies.

Along with all sorts of other bugs which annoyed me no end as I always try to complete all active quests before completing the game.
Both of these irritated the sh** out of me... Im thinking of a rerun sometime in the distant future cause of these and the fact that i rushed to the finish(I was like "nah, it cannot start the end game scenario yet, ive only played for 7 hours" , went to the vigils keep and bam...).

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may:
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #445
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

european ps3 owners have had the worst of it though, because not only is the game as bugged as bill oddie's garden AND not only did we only get it via PlayStationStore, ours was, i think, more expensive than ANY other versions and countries because sony put it up for more. they put it up for Ģ31...thats just Ģ9 off what a FULL new game would cost..so the fact that its a bugged up game and a relatively short expansion anyway makes it a big ripoff for european ps3 users

Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #446
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: MGR Revengeance (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
and the very annoying Sentinel Armor and Vigilance bug..the vigilance swords appear as the starfang swords and the sentinel armor set appears as the warden commander armor..but of these, from warden's keep..the helm appears normal because there is no warden commander helmet to compete with..

This bugged the hell outta me..I mean sure, it's not serious, but it's still presentation. It makes me wonder if they test their games at all. Awakening is very buggy. And what annoyed me more was that they said they couldn't patch it, but there is a workaround which involves deleting warden's keep. I shouldnt HAVE to delete a DLC i paid for to fix a bug that should NOT have been there in the first place..
I've had the Vigilance bug on the PC as well, but it's not that big of a deal. I don't remember any bugs with the Sentinel armor, though.

Anyway, if the PS3 version has the "Downloadable content" menu option, with the "enabled" checkbox next to each installed DLC, then all you have to do is disable the Warden's Keep DLC in order to get the proper look of Vigilance. It's not necessary to uninstall the DLC completely.

As for it being short, well, if it were a full game, I'd agree. However with a 25-30 hour completionist playthrough, it's a very lengthy expansion - it's a few hours longer than ME2 (barely 25 hours per completionist playthrough), which was a full game.

igyman is online now   you may:
Old 09-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #447
Rake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
As for it being short, well, if it were a full game, I'd agree. However with a 25-30 hour completionist playthrough, it's a very lengthy expansion - it's a few hours longer than ME2 (barely 25 hours per completionist playthrough), which was a full game.
Really? ME2 took me around 45 hours to do the main quest and all the side quests, while Awakenings took me around 17 hours. However, I thought Awakenings main story was great, contrary to ME2's and DAO's main stories. Both have what I like to call, "diversion levels." You play through a bunch of secluded stories in order to finally get the main story wrapped up in a 1 hour finishing level. You literally learn nothing new from start to finish. There are darkspawn. I kill archdemon, yay darkspawn gone. ME2 is the same: there are collectors. Yay, I defeat collectors; Reapers are coming to kill all. Nothing happened in both games, they were predictable and barely anything new is discovered that isn't known at the beginning of the game.

In Awakenings, the story leaves you in a sort of mist: the whole way through, I wanted to learn more about the mysterious architect and mother. Why are they important? Why are they doing this? DAO was too short in the sense that I felt none of that, I knew everything that was going to play out at the start. Sure, the mini stories in the hubs were fun, but most had nothing to do with the overarching stories. They all felt like a bunch of little DLCs strung together into a game.

/rant over hehe, talked a bit too much. That's part of the reason DA2 looks so appetizing to me, the focus seems to be on the main story with the framed narrative and not a bunch of "diversion" levels that simply keep you busy for 30+ hours.
Rake is offline   you may:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #448
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
Really? ME2 took me around 45 hours to do the main quest and all the side quests, while Awakenings took me around 17 hours. However, I thought Awakenings main story was great, contrary to ME2's and DAO's main stories. Both have what I like to call, "diversion levels." You play through a bunch of secluded stories in order to finally get the main story wrapped up in a 1 hour finishing level. You literally learn nothing new from start to finish. There are darkspawn. I kill archdemon, yay darkspawn gone. ME2 is the same: there are collectors. Yay, I defeat collectors; Reapers are coming to kill all. Nothing happened in both games, they were predictable and barely anything new is discovered that isn't known at the beginning of the game.

In Awakenings, the story leaves you in a sort of mist: the whole way through, I wanted to learn more about the mysterious architect and mother. Why are they important? Why are they doing this? DAO was too short in the sense that I felt none of that, I knew everything that was going to play out at the start. Sure, the mini stories in the hubs were fun, but most had nothing to do with the overarching stories. They all felt like a bunch of little DLCs strung together into a game.

/rant over hehe, talked a bit too much. That's part of the reason DA2 looks so appetizing to me, the focus seems to be on the main story with the framed narrative and not a bunch of "diversion" levels that simply keep you busy for 30+ hours.
Awakening had a good story? It had no story in my opinion. You just gather a few guys and then you go to kill one or two ugly monsters... Ugly, highly uninteresting monsters. I went with the architect, he seemed like the "good" guy I said no to racism in an overly nerdy teen-fantasy game, can you say the same?

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may:
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #449
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Wow. Witch Hunt may be the second worst DLC of all time. Horse Armour still holds the throne, but only just.
DarthParametric is offline   you may:
Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #450
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Wow. Witch Hunt may be the second worst DLC of all time. Horse Armour still holds the throne, but only just.
You got to be kidding me...
I've been waiting for this DLC for ages...because, let's face it, Golems and Leliana's song don't really 'add' something to the original story.
I'm replaying the game entirely (to get a 'perfect' ending for DA:2) so I'll only play this DLC later.

Could you, without spoilers, tell use what was wrong with it? The length? The ending wasn't satisfying? It was too cheesy?

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 09-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #451
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Depending on your level and difficulty setting, you'll blow through this in about 20 minutes. It uses four existing areas from Origins and one from Awakening. Morrigan gets maybe about a dozen or so lines and is in the game for all of 2-3 minutes right at the end. The conversation you have with her is very limited and then it simply ends. There's no wrap-up, not even a lame set of slides. You just get a credits roll and then get dumped back to the main menu. Deeply, deeply unsatisfying.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #452
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
And the big important issue is bugged badly if you don't use precisely the right savegame.

So much for 'Morrigan's Secrets Revealed' - just confirm what is already known/heavily hinted at, set up DA3, and as Darth Parametric said, straight to credits after another cliffhanger.

SW01 is offline   you may:
Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #453
igyman
Tension!

I dunno. It took me between 1.5 and 2 hours to finish it. It was decent enough, but the ending was more of an advertisement for DA2 than a wrap up of DA:O. Makes me wonder though,

spoiler:
what was the thing of interest to the Warden that Morrigan leaves behind?

On the plus side, this time around they didn't try to "sell" recycled areas as new ones, but rather made the Warden revisit old areas for a specific reason. Another plus is the party banther and references to Anders, which were very entertaining.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #454
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

igyman the thing you mention in your spoiler is
spoiler:
Simply just the stolen elven book that the elf joins you for in the first place i assume..

Old 09-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #455
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
No, no,

spoiler:
it was that and something else of special interest to the Warden. There are two books there. I personally have no clue though - I saw some suggestion that it might be Flemeth's Grimoire, but seeing Morrigan was the only other one able to read that it seems unlikely. Maybe it's a copy of Mass Effect so the Warden can get used to the new style before DA3.

SW01 is offline   you may:
Old 09-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #456
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
No, no,

spoiler:
it was that and something else of special interest to the Warden. There are two books there. I personally have no clue though - I saw some suggestion that it might be Flemeth's Grimoire, but seeing Morrigan was the only other one able to read that it seems unlikely. Maybe it's a copy of Mass Effect so the Warden can get used to the new style before DA3.
I lol'd at the picture of my warden playing mass effect 2 on an xbox 360 in the vigils keep throne room

Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #457
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
No, no,

spoiler:

The way things are going

spoiler:
with the mirror-portals to another world, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one of those mirrors as an easter egg in ME3, or a part of Shepard's N7 armor in DA2.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #458
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah that bit was odd, as you can see that it is clearly a placeable (i.e. interactive) as it has the same particle effect as lootable chests, boxes, etc. I would assume you were originally meant to resume play after the cutscene, but instead they just dump you straight into the credits.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #459
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

great ending anyway. but it SHOULDN'T be ending. I have no care for Hawke. I want dragon age to be about MY warden...like mass effect is about shephard.
i love my warden. They say Dragon Age is about Thedas, and no ONE character. But seriously..who cares about the world compared to characters. the wardens stories are potentially so much more interesting than anything thedas can give us

Old 03-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #460
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Yo, just finished this for the first time (yah yah i know, late to the party) and I have but one question: is Witch Hunt as crap as everyone says?

I thought Morrigan was awesome (she was my romance) but the ending left me a little cold. No happy ending admittedly it makes a nice change to have a romance that doesn't end with the two riding off into the sunset... but still. Would be nice to have a resolution. However, i have had by hands burnt giving in to the temptation of seeing/reading an ending that i was warned not to (damn you Steven King's Dark Tower series. circle of ka in-bloody-deed).

On the other hand, I'm forming an appealing mental image of Thoman the Dalish elf becoming embittered after his increasingly psychotic descent into berserker/reaver territory, and going off with fast friend and occasional lover Zevran to lands far-off and exotic, and killing things and shagging things. I may even write a fanfic about it.

In short, i am conflicted. Help please.

Oh, and what about the other DLC? the only one i have particular interest in is Awakening, but that costs a lot...

edit: btw, wooooeeeeeoooo thread back from the dead.
Salzella is offline   you may:
Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #461
igyman
Tension!

Well, the Witch Hunt is, above all else, a nice advertisement for Dragon Age 2. The story is decent enough, especially for a Dalish Elf. The bad part is, like with the rest of the DAO DLC (except for Shale and Warden's Keep), that there are no new areas to visit, only old ones, but at least they aren't advertised as new ones.

Basically, the thing about DAO DLC is that they are a decent enough addition, but you get the feeling that they should have been included in the $60 you spent on the game, or rather that they aren't worth the amount of money EA/Bioware is asking for them.

As for Awakening, it's much more interesting even with its' flaws, but Awakening isn't a DLC - it's a proper expansion pack.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #462
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
DA's DLC was mostly crap; especially compared to ME2's.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may:
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #463
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm wanting to play this game. I've had it since release, but never got around to it. I know it has a large modding community, and i was wondering if theres any essential mods I should use for my first playthrough. I have a quite good computer, so i can run graphics enhancing mods.

Canderis is offline   you may:
Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #464
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Extra Dog Slot
Advanced Tactics
Combat Tweaks
Alley of Murders
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #465
Red Hessian

Current Game: Shadowrun Dragonfall
FtG UI Mod
ZDF Dialog Fix
Personal Annoyance Remover

And, if you have a reasonably powerful machine:

JB3textures
Red Hessian is offline   you may:
Old 11-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #466
HED
Rookie

If there's one complaint I have about Dragon Age: Origins, it was that the robes were almost all horrible. Most of the mods I've found are either just recolors or look like stripper outfits, with an exception here and there. One of the areas where the mod selection disappoints me.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dragon Age

Tags
bioware, dragon age, game