Thread: The Old Republic for Dummies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #521
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
Really wanted my first character to be a Jedi. hehe What about Consulars? They were always the hardest to play in KOTOR so I figured they'd be tough to play here, but I may be wrong. It's probably done or almost done downloading by now, it was almost done when I left this morning. So I will probably give it a go tonight after work.

Hey don't get me wrong... if a Knight is what you want to play, play a knight. It really does have the most epic story (not the best story, but it gives the best KotOR feeling). Consular story is meh at best.

Check out this thread on the The Walking Carpet/Casual Alliance page, Seijin is the real pro. Everything I know is pretty much from him, Mav, Lynk, Jeff and the rest of CA or from what I read.

The Knight really isn't that difficult, but it does require planning and keeping up with equipment on yourself and your companion. You may have to wear something really ugly for a few levels, if it gives you the best main stats. Stats will be more important than looking good at times.

I would suggest if you go Knight, then go DPS if this is your first MMO experience.

Now as far as a consular goes, Melee DPS is a Shadow spec. While the story isn't that great, the game play is a blast. Stealth, Crowd Control and burst DPS makes for easy leveling. However, once you hit 50, unless you are super skilled player, you dps will be behind the other classes. Again great for dailies and good at HMFP, but lacking in Operations. Only behind my agent for favorite class to play. Sage is the healing/range DPS side of the Consular, don't know anything about the DPS part (but they outproduce my Shadow), but Sage healer is a really good healing class. However, don't make the same mistake as me, if this is your first MMO, level a DPS spec. It was a real pain leveling a healer, mainly because I just played that spec how I normally would play a character without really learning to use my abilities to my advantage. That link will help you do that, be it DPS, Healer or Tank.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #522
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
cool. good to hear. There is an in game chat system, you can talk to friends once you put them on your friends list, and guild members once you join a guild. People use a live talk program called Vent to talk during group play, there is no built in voice system. You also can share credits or items between people, as well as PMs in the game, lots of ways to communicate.

You also can challenge or be challenged by other players to Player vs Player combat, but you never have to accept. The in game support is pretty quick, or it was when i played it may have slowed down but dont know, you can get a live person to ask questions of, they are called service bots or something like that but they are service and support people in India i think but they do speak pretty good english. There is a help system which is sort of a manual but it dosent answer all the technical game questions you may have, you can consult the on line manual via the game site, once your subscription goes live you can post on the in game forum, but not before and not after it expires. Or you can ask questions here or over at the CA site i gave the link for. People are very helpful.

You can start leveling up and gaining loot and credits right away in the training area and your in game story will start based on what character type you pick. Have fun and May the Force Continue to be With You.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #523
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Sweet, thanks guys, looking forward to it.

So anybody played Dark Side on the Republic side? Is it cool and worth it? Or should I save it for another character later?

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney

Last edited by mimartin; 10-15-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #524
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
So anybody played Dark Side on the Republic side? Is it cool and worth it? Or should I save it for another character later?
I haven't but I leveled my trooper (most of the game) with Lynk's smuggler Priss and Lynk did go darkside with it. So I have seen both side of most of the smuggler story. Both are very good, but darkside may be slightly funnier. Pretty sure Mav's shadow is also darkside, either that or he has a serious skin condition. I haven't even gone darkside on the imp side, of course I haven't gone male either.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #525
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Obi-Wan B, there are several ways to move around and travel in each world and between the worlds, i wont spoil it for you as discovering the details is fun, just in principle things open up as usual as in most games as you explore and travel. Once you get into the game we can give more detailed advice. I was blown away many times by the beautiful and amazing settings, worlds and locations. You got a lot to look forward to.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #526
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Sweet, thanks guys, looking forward to it.

Play whichever way you feel is right for your character. I have a light side Trooper and a dark side Smuggler but I don't really consider what is cool or worth it, I just play them because I envision their characters to be a certain way.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #527
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Obi Wan B, Lynk is one of the Game masters here, a guild master and a very experienced and thoughtful and skillful player, anything he shares you can take to the bank

Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #528
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
Obi Wan B, Lynk is one of the Game masters here, a guild master and a very experienced and thoughtful and skillful player, anything he shares you can take to the bank
Give this man a Promotion!

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #529
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Give this man a Promotion!
I was going to say brain scan, but promotion will work too.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #530
CrisG
Aging Jedi

OK, i will accept both but lets do the scan first ...i have been pretty sure i needed one for a while..otherwise i wouldnt be coming back for more punishment at the hand of the legion of Evil Bosses.

I have been a Lynk fan ever since i saw him leap a 30 foot gap driving at top speed in a custom speeder, from the top of a certain location on Tatooine into the basket of another certain moving item and landed successfully. I was and am in awe.

He also took me shopping and showed me how to put on helmets the right side up, and where the zipper on the Sandsuit goes and where to plug in my light sabre..... so i am grateful for that too

Last edited by CrisG; 10-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #531
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
I always went for what I thought would be the most funny. Pretty much just play for fun, and that's what you'll have. I will say this.. If you want to be bad, you have to pick your companion for that. Some REALLY don't like when you're mean/cruel/deranged. Others will laugh with you as you light someone on fire just so you can roast some marshmallows.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #532
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Cool, just started it up. My are the pre-game cinematics awesome!! Schweet!!! LOL Anyway, just joined up at TWC and sent in my applications. My characters name is Bastila-Wan. Wouldn't allow me to throw in Bologna for some reason. lol And it will be a female Jedi Knight Sentinal. Haven't even done the first mission yet. haha

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #533
CrisG
Aging Jedi

ah ha, will be nice to see Bastila Shan back in the universe welcome and have fun, i wont be on for another day or so...so enjoy the start, yes the cinematics are 100 percent superb! Great start... plenty more good stuff ahead of you.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #534
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
I have been a Lynk fan ever since i saw him leap a 30 foot gap driving at top speed in a custom speeder, from the top of a certain location on Tatooine into the basket of another certain moving item and landed successfully. I was and am in awe.
I reached the Dune Sea and saw the balloon off on the horizon as it was just about to reach the sandcrawler and knew that I had only one shot which is why I gunned it straight there and didn't stop for anything. I wish I had a video of it, it was pretty cool.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #535
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Once i get back in the game and can take the right picture, i can create a re enactment but this is me waving goodby to Lynk in the basket ...

his figure and speeder are simulated, i was not able to really see him after it got a fair distance away.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #536
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Well, played a little tonite, got up to the Twilek village (on Knights). I did have the server crash two times tonite. Is there something I can do on my end to keep that from happening? It didn't do it continually, but it did do it twice in a couple of hours or so.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #537
CrisG
Aging Jedi

You are making good time to make it to the village, i guess you must have had a fun time cleaning up in the initial intro area, you can actually amass quite a bit of start up credit there. Others will have to respond to the server issues as i have not played since March, and things have changed, they consolidated a LOT of servers...hope someone has help for that. Glad you made it in.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #538
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
You are making good time to make it to the village, i guess you must have had a fun time cleaning up in the initial intro area, you can actually amass quite a bit of start up credit there. Others will have to respond to the server issues as i have not played since March, and things have changed, they consolidated a LOT of servers...hope someone has help for that. Glad you made it in.
Yeah, I think I missed quite a bit of stuff though. haha I may just go back to the Temple and look around for stuff I missed again. And no, I didn't have a ton of credits really, mostly only credits were from looting. lol

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #539
CrisG
Aging Jedi

If you wander around the village you and at the Temple you will find people with quests and missions for you, and that will unfold the story and get you to new areas Just dont expect an easy time of it, there are challenges everywhere

Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #540
Eefluxx

As far as server issues, they tend to be random at times. I have had days where I didn't have any server issues and days where I just gave up trying to play because I had too many. For me I mostly notice them on Monday which is the day they usually start a patch of some sort.

Well tuesday at 2am which is still monday for some people I guess. During that day is when I see the most server issues. There are some suggestions on the official website depending on your system as to what you can do about them but Ihaven't tried any of them.

Feel Free To Disagree.....Most People Do Anyways
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #541
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Looks like i may have to check that stuff too, my system is struggling to play since they consoolidated the servers .i think they recoded and also the traffic is higher... i am going to defrag and see if that helps. I may have to get a better computer. we will see. It is hard to tell if the issues are server related or my own system.but i am getting stuttering and freezes.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #542
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Im just glad it saves where your at so you don't have to start over on something.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #543
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Yep that is a nice feature..hope things are going well for you on Tython, there are some really fun areas in there and dont forget to look for the Holocrons if you want some fun break from bashing Flesh eaters

Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #544
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Im just glad it saves where your at so you don't have to start over on something.
I would suggest when you are ready to quit, go to a rest area (cantina or ship) to stop for the day. Rest XP levels you way faster especially on your first character.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #545
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I would suggest when you are ready to quit, go to a rest area (cantina or ship) to stop for the day. Rest XP levels you way faster especially on your first character.
Didn't know you got xp for that. Thanks.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #546
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Didn't know you got xp for that. Thanks.
Well, you don't exactly get exp. for resting. But in a rested state (exp. bar is green), the exp. points you earn are doubled.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #547
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
I'd especially suggest it if you are going out of town for a bit. That rested XP makes for much faster leveling.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #548
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Thanks for that reminder about the rest area and parking the character... i had fogotten.

In case anyone else needs advice about Ability trees, i found a great link that Lynk gave me, for a skill and ability calculator..here it is..this page is set for my character and class as it is now: Jedi Knight Guardian but you can set it for any...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZcGMRMudk.2

Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #549
CrisG
Aging Jedi

How to Decide Skill Points?

All of my skill points were reset i see that was a general reset.

Can anyone give me some basic advice about how to decide which if the myriad skill points may be useful to follow for a basic DPS Jedi Knight Guardian? Lynk gave me the calculator link:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500ZcGMRMudk.2

and the descriptions are useful but i am still puzzled by how to decide what may actually help us make our character more effective in battle? So far i have had a hard time with the toughest fights and tho people advise to learn what our characters strengths and weakness are, it is hard to do that and there is no teaching of it in the game other than experience that i can see. suggetions welcome.

A couple of things i am unclear about:

What is Focus and how does it imapct on combat? As i understand it , we gain it from certain skills or abilities and it is used up in certain acts.

Also what is meant by stacks? i didnt understand the use of stacks in the descriptions of skills. I know these are basic things but it is better to ask than to try to guess....

Last edited by CrisG; 10-18-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #550
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

While leveling I would just pick one and put all my points in it. Once you hit 50 you can repec to a more hybrid spec. It just makes leveling easier, but some of the skills you will not use in groups once you have your full rotation down.

Vigilance

Focus

First I think you better understand what DoT are if you are playing the Vigilance tree. DoT is damage over time.

Stacks are a buff or debuff that build up on you character or on the character you are attacking. They will tell you which attack should take Priority and which attack you need to use to build up stacks for other attacks. It looks like two of the stacks you will be looking for are Sunder Armor (debuff) and Force Rush. There may be others so read and turn the pages too as it shows you other useful information too. Like Stat Priority, Item Modification and Builds.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #551
CrisG
Aging Jedi

thanks Mim as always you are such a help

ok, that is a great source and i will study it..but

Stacks... i still dont understand.. i mean WHAT are they ....? you say...

Stacks are a buff or debuff that build up on you character or on the character you are attacking. They will tell you which attack should take Priority and which attack you need to use to build up stacks for other attacks. It looks like two of the stacks you will be looking for are Sunder Armor (debuff) and Force Rush. There may be others so read and turn the pages too as it shows you other useful information too. Like Stat Priority, Item Modification and Builds.

uh, Buff means i get stronger due to some addon, i understand that.

Debuff means i weaken the enemy?

but was does Build up Stacks for other attacks mean? ...Stack is slang for something but i still dont really understand WHAT it means yet... is it short for attack? ah maybve it means a pile of actions that combines into a Stack? is that what it means? like stacking up several attack methods?

thanks and sorry i am so slow, but i need to be honest so i can really learn this stuff, as you know i have tended to just attack without thought and so i dont do as well as i should..i want to UNDERSTAND so i can actualy use the differnt abilities and skills

ok when you say focus on just one tree i see you mean one seciton of the skill trees, i will try focusing on Vigilance just to pick one.

I see posts and info talking about building Focus..and i also see Focus used as a way to target an enemy or companion and we can key bind a key to target and modify someone with an ability.

So when it says Build Focus..or talks about X4 Focus that is what i dont understand yet.

or when it is describing a series of things to do...it says....

Force Leap or Zealous Leap + Force Sweep with 4x Singularity

what does 4X singulairty mean?

When an abiltiy cost five focus to use it...what does that mean? How to you tell how much focus or how many focus you have? i understand you have some kind of focus creating ability in the first spot on your ability bar or your character cant fight. ..i guess generate focus to fight with. So how do we tell which is best to have therE?

and what would it mean when it says you have to have two Stacks to use an ability?..ie Plasma Brand requires you to have two Stacks of Sundering Stream i think it was.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-19-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #552
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Let us see if I can explain this…

Stacks can be anything that has more than 1. If you have 4 Singularities, then you have a stack of 4.

You have to watch stacks of Debuffs too.

Certain attacks grant different stacks other attacks use those stacks or get added damage or armor bonuses when used with stacks. So you want to give priority to the attacks that grant stacks and then once you have the stacks you want to give priority to attacks that give increased damage when using those stacks.

Focus is a jedi knight’s resource. Unlike other class they start with zero resource and build it up. See the yellow bar below the health bar. At the start of the fight you want to give priority to building this up as fast as possible. Certain attacks require focus. See those little yellow rectangles on the Focus Bar.

So in the screenshot you can see the stacks I have above Mar'ina's name where the normal class buffs are. You can also see the debuff on the left side of her health bar (red). Below the health bar is the yellow focus bar. She has 8 points in focus. She also has two stacks one with 26 in it and another with 4. I know certain abilities need 30 of that type of stack to use. If I want to use that ability, then I know I need to give priority in my rotation to the ability that grants that stack in order to get to the 30 needed to use the ability I want to use.

Know how to get and maintain your resource and stacks and then know what abilities give the biggest bang for the buck is key to becoming a decent player. Otherwise you running out of focus and stack and you are forced to use your lower dps default attack to build up Focus.

I wouldn't worry about this overly right now. Simplify it, find a rotation that you are comfortable with and semi-follow those links I gave. You hit that rotation 50% of the time and you will not have any trouble getting to 50. After 50 in a group setting is when you have to really learn your rotation in order to not be carried through content. So in other words...find out what works for you solo level and stick with it...just know you may have to adjust your style at 50 or in a group setting.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #553
CrisG
Aging Jedi

OK this is exactlyl what i need, thanks ...ok, i am getting closer to understaindg, i get about Focus now i think, i have to use attacks that build focus to use it..

but now onto stacks, still not clear...

can you explain where these two stacks are you mention? i dont understand that..

Quote:
She also has two stacks one with 26 in it and another with 4. I know certain abilities need 30 of that type of stack to use. If I want to use that ability, then I know I need to give priority in my rotation to the ability that grants that stack in order to get to the 30 needed to use the ability I want to use.
i get that i can use a sequence of certain activities to get an eventual major hit so i want to learn that..i am setting up my abilities to aim for that, i had no idea to put the attacks (buffs?) on the left side that is a good idea as i can then see how they are restoring from being used up...

but i need to understand how you get multiple of anything like you mention a stack being 4 of xomething, i read that in posts but no one explains what it means..i can only put ONE attack or ability icon on the use bar...so how do i get multiples...x2 or x4 or x 27 as you say?

do you mean it takes 27 steps to activate a certain attack?

sorry to be slow here but i am getting closer and really appreciate your help....this is stuff i wish the in game tutorials had taught us..or maybe they do and i just missed it.....but it is useless for me to try to advance without understanding this for i just get eaten up.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #554
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Well, I did miss a few things, so glad I went back and got that settled. Continuing to learn new things and having a blast doing it! If any of you guys, could look for me and friend me that would be cool, I'm sure I could use a lot of help and guidance.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 10-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #555
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

You get the stack, by using an ability that grants that buff (for lack of a better word, little square when the class buffs are). Example (not sure how updated this it) Each tick of Force Stasis and Force Exhaustion grants Singularity. This will grant you a reduction in the cost and increasing the damage from your next Force Sweep. So no I have not seen any abilities that took 27 step to activate, but some do take 2 or 3.

If you decided on Focus, then here is how you start a fight, Saber Throw, Force Leap, Force Exhaustion, Sundering, Strike then only if you have a stack of 4 Singularity you use Force Sweep. If not use Force Exhaustion and Force Stasis until you get the stack of 4 and then use Force Sweep.
Anytime your Focus drops below 7, use Saber Throw, Sundering Strike or Strike. You never want to run out of focus and you want to keep Singularity up and stacked 4 as much as possible. Also remember to use Force Leap or Zealous leap to get Felling Blow and then with use Force Sweep.

(Force leap or Zealous leap) followed by Force Sweep. That is your top priority as a focus Jedi guardian. So anytime you have a stack of 4 singularities you would do that if that was your build. If you are Vigilance then then you would not do that at all.

Now if you are going Vigilance, then the concept is still the same, however you have a totally different set of priorities

So no you don't have to do something 27 times in a row to grant an ability, but you may have to do the same thing 2 or three times in a row to grant your #1 priority.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #556
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
That's better than my original method of picking skills

Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #557
CrisG
Aging Jedi

oh this is really great. i am almost there.

I will use a Focus Build so i can follow your lead on this, i dont care which i use just want to learn how. I an mot commited to Vigilance.

ok, here is my last question i hope..i think i have narrowed it down to one thing you said..

Quote:
Each tick of Force Stasis and Force Exhaustion grants Singularity.
each tick? is there a counter on the little picture of Force Stasis or Force Exhuastoin that counts ticks? or some form of number? is that how you know if you have x3 or x 4 of something?

i get this part...

Quote:
This will grant you a reduction in the cost and increasing the damage from your next Force Sweep. So no I have not seen any abilities that took 27 step to activate, but some do take 2 or 3.
what i dont get yet is how something like Singularity can be doubled, trippled, etc... and know it has been..so there must be some form of numbering or tracking that happens as there is no way i could remember one effect getting increased in a fight unless there is some way to KNOW it...

thanks again for all this, i really appreciate it... i want to be a fighter and not just a dumb meat.

by the way, i cant get saber throw yet, Jedi Knight cant get it until level 38 i think...so i am not going to be able to use that chain yet..but i want to asap.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #558
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
As you get more ticks, the little icon will show a number on it.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #559
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

yeah...I don't use DoT with any of my toons so far, but Damage Over Time ticks every second or so and those can grant stacks. So my guess is Force Stasis and Force Exhaustion are DoT or at least behave like DoT....No matter your class or build, if you do endgame stuff you will learn DoT and the need to cleanse yourself of them if you have that ability.

No clue how I messed up my previous post so bad.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #560
CrisG
Aging Jedi

thank you so much,

and thank you tommycat also..

Mim...
now i am set, i have reset to Focus and now i need to learn to use my new abilities and use them in sequence intelligently. I will work on some leveling up and then, if you have time sometime over the next few days..i may ask for your help as i reached the end level boss over Tython between Level 33 and 34 and may need some help to beat him, depending on if i can learn to use my new methods fast or not. thanks so much very very .. for this help. i really wanted to learn to understand how this stuff works.

Mim, are those little buttons over the character picture..the stacks i think you called them, can you click on those to activate them? how do you set up your UI so that you can put them there? i didnt know we could add buttons, i would like to do something like that for sequences..stacks, i know i will need.... i am gonna run out of hot keys to use...better think how to do this.

these ones are what i am talking about, circles at A...

Stacks at A?

More buttons at B?

also what are these? are they more action buttons and if so what and how do we set those up?

Last edited by mimartin; 10-20-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The Old Republic for Dummies