lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth InSidious' WIP
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
Actually, I believe you could achieve something similar to what's been suggested by using an AuroraDLight.

I'm fairly certain that you could use them in placeable models for NWN, so I would assume the same is true for KotOR.

I might actually have a tinker and see what I come up with, if you don't mind.
Not sure if people want my opinion since I am talking abstract theory here, but the Jedi Holocron seems off to me.

From what I've seen on the Clone Wars tv show and read from EU(Luke and Exar Kun at the temple), the Holocron is the cube like you made it, but inside it's a swirling ball or two of lights. You could fix this in a somewhat hard-easy manner, if I have my theories working:

Change the texture on the sides of the cube to be about 60%-80% transparent and also without the swirls of color. In the model, add a sphere in the center of the inside with a completely different texture;this texture is the light, though I'd split it in two and animate the lights to move in a circled inside. You could then set the .txi of the texture for the sides of the Holocron to be either "blending additive" or "bleeding punchthrough". I think the second one is the one that I'm thinking of.

So if you think any of this has merit, could you attempt it and post screenies? If so, thanks!

P.S: If you are going to do this, someone else suggested adding an AuroraDLight on the inside for the "aura glow" effect. Hope ya found my suggestions helpful, DI!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Darth InSidious' WIP