lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: HiRes Droid Reskins?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Darth Hayze
Rookie

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
HiRes Droid Reskins?

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, but a Hi Quality reskin of the Astro and Protocol droids in K1 and K2 would go a long way toward making the games look better, and with the close release of M4-78, having some new droid skins probably wouldn't hurt.

Darth Hayze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hayze View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, but a Hi Quality reskin of the Astro and Protocol droids in K1 and K2 would go a long way toward making the games look better, and with the close release of M4-78, having some new droid skins probably wouldn't hurt.
Have you not seen Vurt's Protocol Droid Reskin pack over at Deadly Stream?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Darth Hayze
Rookie

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Yeah, I actually have them. They are much better than the one's Bioware made, but still aren't quite "High Quality", in the same sense many HQ reskin packs are.

Darth Hayze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
A big problem with reskinning the droids is that they have pretty lousy UV maps. Not anywhere near as terrible as, say, the weapons, but far from what I'd call an optimum use of UV space. You'd really need to remap them to get the best results, but the models, particularly the protocol droid, are so poor it's likely not worth the effort.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #5
Darth Sapiens
Rookie

Current Game: tslrcm
i think ill try my hand at this. once i finish my hanharr mod and my sion reskin. if i can skin with sions uv i can skin any thing (optimism high atmXD), i can even skin a wookie!
Darth Sapiens is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > HiRes Droid Reskins?