lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

It's been said, so I thought it a good idea to start a thread about it.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Cloverfield and Super 8 were great monster movies, and Star Trek was good, and to date the only star trek movie i have ever seen. I am just not sure he makes Star Wars type movies. I am not knocking his accomplishments, he has done amazing things in movies, and in no way am i putting him down, but i just don't know if he can do the style that Star Wars fans are used to. I could also be completely wrong. He is an amazing director, and he could completely blow this thing out of the water. As with everything else in this turbulent time in the star wars universe, only time will tell.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
HED
Rookie

Star Trek Into Darkness has made me less apprehensive about Abrams directing, though I still have my doubts. I'm a fan of a lot of his films, but he has a very strong style, and I'd rather Episode VII be styled to be like the previous films. He toned it down for Into Darkness, which felt more like "Star Trek" than it did "JJ Abrams' Star Trek", which was the main issue I had with his first Trek movie.
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
HED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couran View Post
Joss Whedon would have been a better choice…not only to direct it but also to write the screenplay. What he did with the Avengers was genius.
As much as I like Whedon, and as much as I don't like the choice of Abrams for VII, his style is too distinctively his. Episode VII should be a Star Wars film, not a 'Joss Whedon's take on Star Wars' film.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Sequel Trilogy > JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII