lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #81
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
I haven't installed it on Windows Vista or 7, just Windows XP. From the looks of it though both are fully patched versions of the games on DVD. The readme files for both games reference installation requirements for Windows 7 but it wouldn't surprise me if you still have to use the same workarounds on Windows 7 as before.
You don't. Just received it today. I never had a problem installing and/or playing the original version on my Windows 7 laptop, but I had with my Vista desktop. So I installed it on my desktop with no problem and it plays just fine. My only (minor) complaint is the new disc menu (not in-game). Ugly and not within the design of the game, like the original one. But the game is patched and fully compatible with XP, Vista and 7.

Here's the (new) ReadMe file:

Show spoiler

P.S: Here's the new menu:

Show spoiler

Yikes.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 09-14-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #82
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Does it come with the old menu as well as the new menu like the Best of PC release did?
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #83
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
Does it come with the old menu as well as the new menu like the Best of PC release did?
How do you change it?

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #84
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I can confirm the confirm, just install and play with Win7, no work arounds needed. Have really fooled with it, but KSE didn't work off the bat, but sure is will be a easy fix when I get the time.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #85
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
How do you change it?
I don't have it installed now so I can't check, but I seem to remember making a desktop shortcut of the original menu. I think (?) you can find it in the Program Files folder for KotOR.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #86
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
I don't have it installed now so I can't check, but I seem to remember making a desktop shortcut of the original menu. I think (?) you can find it in the Program Files folder for KotOR.
Is it an alternative .exe? I only found one.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #87
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Yeah, it is. I guess LA just didn't see fit to include it this time.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #88
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
I bought the bundle and need help. Kotor Tool and KSE Save game editor don't work for Sith Lords. Kotor tool says something about the game not being detected and not in the registry. I installed it on windows 7 64bit. Kotor I is detected fine by both Kotor Tool and KSE save game editor.
Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #89
Motorheadbanger
Rookie

Bought the bundle recently. Has anyone got the Kotor Tool or KSE to work yet?
Motorheadbanger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #90
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You'll need to make a registry key for TSL; something like this.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #91
Motorheadbanger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
You'll need to make a registry key for TSL; something like this.
Thanks, actually with a little fiddling around I was able to get the KSE working without doing that. I just redirected it to program files(86).

On a side note however, for some reason the cheats aren't working. I added the EnableCheats=1 on the .ini, but it doesn't do anything in-game. It shows the changes in the swkotor2.ini, but the console will not activate. I know this because when I press ` my character keeps moving.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #92
Q
The one who knocks

TSL's console is invisible.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #93
Motorheadbanger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
TSL's console is invisible.
I know that, I've played through the game probably 50 times using cheats. What I mean is that I hit the ` key and it doesn't activate anything. When you start typing it does the normal key commands.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #94
Q
The one who knocks

I have a lot of trouble with it too, but I can usually get it to work by pausing first.

-Toker
Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #95
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Honestly I find it a little insulting that LA would release KotOR 2, a seriously incomplete game, for the second time. Was the first time not disappointing enough? Unless there is some change (of any kind really), even a mac port as someone said, I won't be buying.

I still have 2 copies for the xbox for some reason, anyway. I think when I first lost it I was so devastated that I immediately bought another copy to make everything better. Little did I know it was still around, and I still have them both as well as PC copies of both games.. anyway, won't be buying it this one unless there are some changes :P

Edit: I didn't realize there were already 3 pages on this thread! I'll go read them now but my opinion still stands

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #96
Q
The one who knocks

No reason to buy this if you already own the CD versions.

-Toker
Old 10-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #97
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
I've thought about this a bit and have decided that I think it's great that a younger generation will get some exposure to what is in my opinion the best video game ever, the first KotOR. However, I still think it sucks that they'd re-release TSL in a still horrible, unfinished state.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #98
Q
The one who knocks

They probably know about TSLRCM.

-Toker
Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #99
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
I've thought about this a bit and have decided that I think it's great that a younger generation will get some exposure to what is in my opinion the best video game ever, the first KotOR. However, I still think it sucks that they'd re-release TSL in a still horrible, unfinished state.
Opinions are funny...I find KotOR predictable full of uninspired stereotypes and find TSL to be the better deeper game. Taste is just funny like that.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #100
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Opinions are funny...I find KotOR predictable full of uninspired stereotypes and find TSL to be the better deeper game. Taste is just funny like that.
Well I agree about the predictable stereotypes in KotOR and I also loved TSL (especially with the gameplay enhancements) - until I got to the end. Nothing made sense and it ended so ubruptly I was hugely disappointed. I didn't feel like I saved the galaxy or really did anything at all! It's way better with TSLRCM, but I just don't think it's fair that they would re-release it even though it's widely known that it's an unfinished game.

Also I think I just like k1 more due to some nostalgic thing But yeah it is funny how things always vary between people!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Quote:
I find KotOR predictable full of uninspired stereotypes and find TSL to be the better deeper game.
Ah! I finally found the perfect wording to exactly how I feel about that game.
Thanks Mimartin.
Of course, some people think that the story with Kreia in TSL is ridiculous but meh, whatever. It's Star Wars.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #102
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
I've bought the game and it work with 7, it has been a while since I've played it, so I decided to play the game not altered to get the good old feeling again.

But there is so much loading between cut scene and area. Do I have to patch it to 1.3 ?

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #103
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SPARTAN View Post
Do I have to patch it to 1.3 ?
What 1.3 patch? Is that an official release?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #104
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
What 1.3 patch? Is that an official release?
Yes it is, but I was wondering if it applies to the bundle pack or only to old version of the game.

SWKotOR1_03

Because, like I said earlier, the game take hell to load between cutscene and sometimes it get back in desktop like if I had touched the windows button. I have 4core CPU and a 275GTX GPU and way more RAM than needed with a good G510 keyboard so that the window thing never happen. It can't be because I play in 1024 X 768 and that my GPU or my RAM is not tough enough.

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #105
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SPARTAN View Post
Yes it is, but I was wondering if it applies to the bundle pack or only to old version of the game.

SWKotOR1_03
That's 1.03, not 1.3. And yes, it's already installed.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle