lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #1761
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

The writing in ME2 and ME3 wasn't that bad, but they sure as hell stopped feeling like role-playing games. If BioWare had more time then maybe we would have had three different endings.

Ending 1: Crucible is a superweapon, blows Reapers all to hell, good guys win.
Ending 2: Crucible doesn't activate, Harbinger harvests Shepard, you play as Harbinger and help the Reapers win.
Ending 3: Crucible activates, but your war assets aren't high enough to win the war, so nearly everyone dies.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1762
Bob Saget
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I wasn't arguing against you. I was agreeing with you. Jeebus. Do people actually read these threads?
I was agreeing as well seems confusion is common >_>

@Chaos - while it is in interesting premise that really wouldn't work. Playing as harbinger would simply defeat the player utterly, and frankly even the concept of the original endings are better that that.
Bob Saget is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #1763
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Yeah I have an evil ending/player bias haha.

Well, I would have included an ending where the Reapers win and not some lame philosophical victory, but an actual physical victory. I was hoping ME3 would be like KotOR where somehow a renegade Shepard could become controlled like Saren and betray his/her allies and join the Reapers. I loved the Reapers... until star child made them all into a bunch of pussies.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1764
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Looks like Bioware is gearing up again to make a new DLC.

This one could possibly be the last DLC made for the game, in which case it would make the DLC interesting on that merit alone, as this would then be the last video game instalment of Commander Shepard's story (though knowing £A, that's probably highly unlikely)..

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #1765
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Well, if it is, hopefully they don't try to oversell it in concept or attach a ridiculous price tag to it. From most of the comments I've seen, Omega wasn't worth $15. Given that they're not gonna change the ending, one can only wonder what relevance (beyond simple game play and more ducats for the franchise) any new dlc would have now. Guess I'll find out when it hits YT.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #1766
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

I never purchased any of their DLC's, not after I found out they weren't changing the pathetically insipid endings.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #1767
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
This is fairly old news. It was officially announced a month or so back (as seen by the date on the article), but it has been known about since files for it were unearthed in the Leviathan DLC back in August. It would appear to be partially or wholly set on the Citadel. I don't think there have been any firm conclusions regarding plot as yet, but scuttlebutt points to it including a date with your LI. At the very least it will feature the involvement of some party members, the VS seemingly confirmed via Tweets from Sbarge as the article notes.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #1768
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of Chaos View Post
Yeah I have an evil ending/player bias haha.

Well, I would have included an ending where the Reapers win and not some lame philosophical victory, but an actual physical victory. I was hoping ME3 would be like KotOR where somehow a renegade Shepard could become controlled like Saren and betray his/her allies and join the Reapers. I loved the Reapers... until star child made them all into a bunch of pussies.
If you pick the refusal option in the Extended Cut, the Reapers do win.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #1769
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in this thread yet, so I just thought I'd give a heads up that the Mass Effect Anime is out on DVD/Blu-Ray now.

http://masseffectparagonlost.com/

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #1770
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'm pretty sure we're all just trying to pretend it doesn't exist.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1771
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I'm going to watch it using... alternative methods... before deciding whether I want to own the Blu-ray or not...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #1772
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
View page
YouTube Video

I think it would actually be pretty cool to see an officially licensed ME Capcom beat 'em up, a la the likes of X-Men/Marvel vs Street Fighter.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #1773
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Paragon Lost wasn't terrible.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #1774
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I believe that's called "damning w/faint praise". It was ok, but nothing great. A passable pickup in the free-$5 range.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #1775
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
View page
YouTube Video

I think it would actually be pretty cool to see an officially licensed ME Capcom beat 'em up, a la the likes of X-Men/Marvel vs Street Fighter.
Yeah. I'm surprised SNK and Tatsunoko have tried their hand at it, but all the more glad for it. Now tekken is on there. I wonder how long it will be before we see Disney VS Capcom. Y'know, since it now owns Marvel.

Eventually I ponder the likes of MK, DC, Nintendo, and others trying their hand at some point.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #1776
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Nintendo have... it's called Super Smash Bros.

But specifically with Mass Effect, they wouldn't bother.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1777
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

If there showed any interest there could be a nintendo vs capcom, though unlikely at this point. Nintendo vs DOA would be more likely if only by a hair's breadth. I say this cuz you never know what the future brings. Certainly never thought I'd see a sonic vs mario game. Crossovers are always good. MvC 2 has stayed strong all these years. Can't say the same of its successor, though.

Why you think would they not bother with M.E.?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #1778
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

There's Capcom VS Sega VS Namco Bandai coming to the 3DS.

And Namco Bandai is making the next Smash Bros. at least the 3DS version...

And they won't bother with Mass Effect cause 1. Nintendo and EA, aren't in the best relationship at the moment, things are ice cold between them... 2. there's only been one Mass Effect game on a Nintendo system and it was a half-assed port... and 3. Snake comes from a series that practically makes fun of itself within the game itself and Sonic is a no-brainer. Mass Effect takes itself too seriously to be any part of Smash Bros. a game which is just full of silliness.

That said, if I were to have any character from any game be a part of Smash Bros. it'd be Master Chief... just think, Mario vs Sonic vs Snake vs Master Chief. You know you all want it.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #1779
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

HOT damn a 3fer? I think I have to go change now...

I haven't been really displeased with bandai namco overall, not that I've followed everything they've ever done. I hope that's a good thing.

Oh...I didn't realize there was tension between Nintendo and EA.

Well...I liked Mounty Oum's film haloid, and dead fantasy was pretty nice. I know, not games.

Hell yea I'd want it.

Still...

Yea, I can see where they would be incompatible. Serious with not serious rarely if ever goes well together.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #1780
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Well, they've finally dragged out the last piece of major DLC, pretty big a ~5GB. If I weren't playing TOR right now I might give it a look sooner. Still, ought to be more than enough feedback by the time I get around to it....

Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #1781
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
watched it all on YouTube. Good DLC but not worth the price. Good Curtain Call for Zaeed's VO, good conclusion to, well, everything else too. Some hilarious moments but yeah, not worth the $15

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #1782
Bob Saget
Rookie

I think it is worth the price. Yeah, Omega sucked and Leviathan got boring combat wise. This, however, made me wanna play ME3 again. I got the wrap up with my characters that I wanted. Plus I got to watch a movie with tali. boom shacka laka.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1783
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I'm waiting for them to bundle all the DLC and sell them at a steep discount.

Nevermind, I had unspent MS points and felt compelled to buy them and replay ME3.

I'm so weak.

Last edited by swphreak; 03-07-2013 at 03:57 PM.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #1784
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I laugh cause none of these DLC are coming to the Wii U version of ME3... EA must really hate Nintendo right now.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #1785
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I laugh cause none of these DLC are coming to the Wii U version of ME3... EA must really hate Nintendo right now.
I just looked at some videos of Citadel judging strictly from them, I say EA must really love Nintendo, not to subject them to this crap.

Most of you know I am normally a defender or BioWare, but this crap is sellout drivel. What did the do go though every whinny post on their forum and add every superficial suggestion to one DLC. I watched the party one and the Tali romance, please tell me the rest is better than this and this really isn't the crap I think it is. If it is all like this, then Horse armor was a better buy.

mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1786
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

The mission story is a little ridiculous, and the rest is 100% fan-service. However, it's the best fan-service I've ever seen. It was entertaining and genuinely hilarious all throughout, and it was a much better send-off for these characters than the main game or the Extended Cut gave.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #1787
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The mission/plot was a stupid premise (but yeah, Walters). It was obvious they felt they must include combat, so they cooked up that. I would have preferred they scrapped that entirely and just focused on the fan service bit to be honest.

That being said however, I did like the concept of everyone coming along and actively taking part in the mission, rather than off-screen stuff like in, for example, ME2's suicide mission or ME1's Virmire base infiltration. It always annoys me these days that party-based games are so ridiculously small. You have this large group of maybe a dozen people but only let 2 of them tag along when you are inevitably going up against far superior numbers? Fair enough a combat unit may be most effective at around 5 people, but you would sure as hell be sending out the rest as well in additional squads.

For the fan service stuff, there's not much to say. There were some quite funny moments, but I thought the party element probably dragged on too long and the individual hookups were too short.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #1788
Zero G Cookie
Lurker

Current Game: I am playing life
If anyone asked me (which they never do) the I would say it was rushed and seemed that, although enjoyable, the characters contribution ultimately led up to 3 almost clichéd endings that all looked the same (the extended cut just added more and solved nothing).

That is my rather biased opinion on this matter.
Show spoiler

If I have 2 friends or more I know I'm in a dream
Zero G Cookie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #1789
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Finished Citadel. My opinion is basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
The mission story is a little ridiculous, and the rest is 100% fan-service. However, it's the best fan-service I've ever seen. It was entertaining and genuinely hilarious all throughout, and it was a much better send-off for these characters than the main game or the Extended Cut gave.

I really found the main plot ridiculous (and so damn *cheesy*), but halfway through, I decided to not bother and just roll with it - became a lot more enjoyable.

The DLC was full of self references to the series, and a bunch of ones directed towards the MP playerbase, which I got a kick out of (also some external references - [Grunt: "Are you a wizard?" ]).

Really liked the party sequence. Some really funny moments in there, and yeah, I think it was a much better sendoff to the characters than anything the main game ever did.
Great to see Zaeed in there as well.

On another note, I wonder if this may have had any influence on the creation of this DLC?

Show spoiler

I played Citadel with my first (and as yet, only) completed series playthrough. My Shepard didn't romance anyone, except Kelly in ME2; I was disappointed in her lack of inclusion in the DLC. For example, when asked 'why he was single', my Shepard replied that it was because he 'just hadn't found the right one' (right after reaffirming his relationship with Kelly in the same ME3 playthrough). The devs couldn't include everyone, and they have had a previous policy of downgrading Kelly's importance, so the decision is understandable. Still disappointed though - Kelly's the most psychologically stable* and attractive love interest in the series, IMO. She's the only LI to be disregarded like this in the series (excluding, perhaps Diana Allers. But I haven't even read about that, so I don't know).

*Well, until ME3

TBH I feel a little sad now that Shepard's story is over; I'm going to miss him and the Normandy crew. The series may have been fumbled with in the later instalments, but as a whole, the Mass Effect series was a memorable one. The writing wasn't that great, and the gameplay was alright, but the thing it did the best, and what I think it will be remembered for in the future, is its emotional engagement - some of the best in its generation, IMO. I have to tip my hat, and give my thanks to Bioware for that.

This series will have a special place in my feels for years to come.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 03-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #1790
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I feel like a bad person for wanting to play Citadel, but I'm reinstalling ME3 right now and gonna check it out tonight. The Citadel is my favorite area in any Mass Effect game so I have some hopes that it will be fun.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #1791
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, I'm feeling like I need to play Citadel too, been reading some really great things about it. Cheesy but funny and a nice ending to the series. I need to play Omega too while I'm at it.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1792
Bob Saget
Rookie

Omega is ok but wayyyy overpriced. It's practically a slug fest with little to no RPG value.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #1793
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah you really don't need to bother playing either Omega or Leviathan. Just watch them on Youtube. Citadel is actually pretty good though, as long as you don't mind blatant fan service and the occasional 4th wall breaking comment. I consider it the real end to ME3. Just imagine the game finishes there and forget all the stuff that happens on Earth.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #1794
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
So the best ending is party on until the reapers kill everyone? Sounds about right.

mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #1795
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Sure as hell better than the abortion Walters and Hudson came up with originally.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1796
Bob Saget
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
So the best ending is party on until the reapers kill everyone? Sounds about right.
That or shooting the god-kid is equally satisfying.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1797
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
As time goes on, and I start to forget about ever having played ME3 (just b/c I was so heartbroken about how it ended so poorly), all I can think about is the ending of that movie 'Wargames' where the computer says "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Sounds about right to me.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #1798
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
I'll just leave this here.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #1799
Bob Saget
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanlord56 View Post
I'll just leave this here.
wow. I laughed so hard.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #1800
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'd hardly consider myself highbrow, but I can't say that I've ever understood the attraction in these Garry's mod videos with their ludicrous spastic animation, fart joke-level humour, and obnoxious sound (screaming, etc.).
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3