lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do you Rename or add a name to a weapon?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
GamerFos420
Lurker

How do you Rename or add a name to a weapon?

im trying to rename the Blastech DL-44 that Han Solo Uses but dont know where the naming configuration is.. Can someone please help? =)
GamerFos420 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
GamerFos420
Lurker

If I can figure this out then I should have a ModPack put together by the end of next week based on the first 3 movies and can start working on a clone war pack =)
GamerFos420 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
setlec
Rookie

Patience is a necessity, i'm pretty sure someone will answer you soon.
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
i don't know how much experience you have with modding, so i'm just going to lay this out in baby-steps, as if i was explaining it to an absolute beginner. don't be offended if some steps seem really obvious.

first, you'll need to download Pakscape.

Once you've downloaded and installed that, open it up. The filepath you'll want to follow should look something like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3"

Open up the assets0.pk3 file with Pakscape, and look for the folder called "strings". In that folder, click the folder labeled "English".

In that folder there is a word document called "MENUS". copy this, and paste the copy on your desktop.

Open up this document. Click Edit>Find on the toolbar, and type in "BLASTER_PISTOL".

You will see something that looks like this:

Show spoiler

highlight the "blaster pistol" line after "lang_english" and hit backspace. name it what you like. DO NOT change the top "blaster_pistol" after "reference". leave that how it is. only change what is in the quotes. make it DL-44 or whatever you wanted.

now, save the file, and exit.

cut the file from your desktop and paste it back into Pakscape, replacing the old "MENUS" file. Save the folder in Pakscape and exit.

that should work.

irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > How do you Rename or add a name to a weapon?

Tags
guns, rename weapon, weapons