lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Game of Thrones
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #81
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I felt a great disturbance in the Force.

It was as if a million pro-lifers suddenly cried out in terror...

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #82
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I'm not sure I agree, Quanon. Having read all the books (out so far) and following the series religiously, I find that the books were better, more engaging experiences. That said, the series isn't bad at all but it does spoils many of the surprises masterfully delivered on the books.
Fair point, hadn't looked at it that way. But I figured that I would certainly enjoy the ton of extra details in the books. Like say extra characters and events would add a certain "bonus' material feel to the reading experience.

As often when you first read a good series of books and then view a movie or TV show about them, you sort of always look for what's left out or done differantly.

I might get the books before season 3 gets out on DVD and season for gets aired. But I'm now still investing a lot of reading time in my Warhammer pulp novels

But was looking forward to something a bit more serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
So while I don't know if watching the series first is the best option, I found great pleasure in reading the books and then watching how they'd do particular scenes on the series (and if they'd actually do those things on the TV, since some parts are seem too gruesome for TV audience).
Well so far the TV show didn't seem to be shy on the violance, things didn't always get shown as is, but the suggestion and motives certainly get across.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #83
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I felt a great disturbance in the Force.

It was as if a million pro-lifers suddenly cried out in terror...
They really went right for the kill switch...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #84
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #85
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Game of Thrones