lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: (K1) Strange new "force powers" when editing spells.2da
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Question (K1) Strange new "force powers" when editing spells.2da

So, in response to this thread here, I've been working on "unchaining" force powers in both K1 and TSL (in other words, making linked powers such as Force Push, Wave, and Whirlwind into separate powers). I seem to have it all working fine in TSL, using the TSLPatcher; I then decided to just try virtually the same set up with the Patcher on K1, and, lo and behold, it worked. Sort of. The powers were changed accordingly, but I also got some weird side effects; more specifically, I got a whole bunch of new "force powers" that seemed to be referencing random dialog.tlk entries.

Pictures:
Show spoiler

Also, out of curiosity (or just for kicks and giggles), I tried learning and using a power:
Show spoiler

Funny thing is that the force power (which seemed to have a different name/description depending on where I viewed it, as seen above) actually "worked", in that my character stuck out his hand and lost force points. Weird.

I removed from the TSLP instructions involving changes to the dialog.tlk and the .2da field references to those changes, attempted to uninstall and reinstall with just the changes to spells.2da (editing only the "prerequisites", "forcehostile", "forcepriority", and "pips" fields), but the problem still occurred; here's the text version of the "changes" file used by the TSLPatcher for more information (slightly modified for readability):
Show spoiler

And in case you wanted some MORE info, I downloaded the game through GameFly and am using Windows 7, and here's the (slightly censored) install log from the TSLPatcher:
Show spoiler

Any thoughts? I didn't see any similar problem posted about already with some searching, but I wasn't really sure what to search for =P

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
When you launched the tslpatcher for the K1 version, did you use the TSL spells.2da? That might be part of the issue.

Also, in the Patcher, are you applying changes to spells.2da and moving the file to the override? If so, then try not moving the file, and just applying changes.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Malxados
Rookie

Wait. Wait wait wait. It seems the spells.2da I'm moving to the override was in fact the TSL spells.2da, so while those fields I was editing may have been fine and dandy, it looks like the game had way more entries than normal, and some of the dialog.tlk references would have been out of whack as well, which makes sense; thanks, good sir =)

EDIT: Yeah, it seems to be working now, thanks.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 06-19-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Phildevil

Somebody give Fair Strides a cookie lol. Good thinking there
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Well, I've learned in the past not to mix up the resources. For example, my first mod. I originally used the K1 version of the skin and had it plastered onto the tsl head...I couldn't figure out why the tips of hair behind the ears were skin-colored.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Sounds good to me. Here you go, Fair Strides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
Well, I've learned in the past not to mix up the resources. For example, my first mod. I originally used the K1 version of the skin and had it plastered onto the tsl head...I couldn't figure out why the tips of hair behind the ears were skin-colored.
This might be my first time actually making a mod for K1, more or less, so I don't even know if I would've thought about simply mixing up resources; thanks =)

In other news, after this I know kinda have the urge to make many more force powers XD

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Make a 3rd tier dominate mind that temporarily takes control of a enemy? Well if you can XD

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Apoc Nizmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc Nizmith View Post
Make a 3rd tier dominate mind that temporarily takes control of a enemy? Well if you can XD
Well when you say "take control of", do you mean make them temporarily your ally? The might already be a power like that someone else has made, if not I could theoretically look into it.

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
I have a ton of force power mods I dl'd from file front knites etc. Like 1780 files or something like that in all and none of them make a enemy temporarily a ally that I have seen. Might be cool though to see in action?

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Apoc Nizmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
Well when you say "take control of", do you mean make them temporarily your ally? The might already be a power like that someone else has made, if not I could theoretically look into it.
Well, here's a tip:

Look in k_inc_force under TSL. There's a force power that makes an enemy an ally for 30 seconds, pending the results of a Will Save. You might be able to duplicate that, but I am not sure if it uses TSL-only functions.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Don't get me wrong I'm not some scripting genious but I feel as if this script should work for the actual action of the script... I think you can take care of the rest

Code:
#include "k_inc_debug"

void main()
{
ChangeToStandardFaction(OBJECT_SELF, STANDARD_FACTION_FRIENDLY_5);
fDelayInSeconds=30.0;
DelayCommand(fDelayInSeconds,ChangeToStandardFaction(OBJECT_SELF, STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_1);
}
Now this script may be complete garbage and if it is just ignore it .

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
milestails

Darth333 made one like that: http://www.geocities.ws/d333mods/
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
Darth333 made one like that: http://www.geocities.ws/d333mods/
Ahh, thank you sir.

Apoc, did you want that for Kotor 1 or TSL? Looks like the one Darth333 made was for K1

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
milestails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
Ahh, thank you sir.

Apoc, did you want that for Kotor 1 or TSL? Looks like the one Darth333 made was for K1
Darth333's version lacks TSLPatcher as well.

TSL already has that power natively in the form of Force Confusion:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarsk...econfusion.php
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Darth333's version lacks TSLPatcher as well
True, but that's not a huge deal; if another mod already uses a modified spells.2da, I believe you just need to copy and paste one row.

Quote:
TSL already has that power natively in the form of Force Confusion:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarsk...econfusion.php
Well darn, seems that I might benefit from brushing up on my pre-existing force powers before attempting to create more new ones =d haha thanks.

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > (K1) Strange new "force powers" when editing spells.2da