lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Quanons Crazy Projects!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #681
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Yeah, Aqualaris still needs to get finished
It just needs lightmaps now, everything does x-D

The idea was to make the big holo-table, at the center of the Ebon-Hawk, into a galaxy map. As the Galaxy map in the cockpit could only have 1 extra planet or such...

GM wanted a ingame tool of sorts, so modders could easely at TONS of new planets, making a new galaxy map interface thingy. I was working on some small models which would look like holograms to sell the whole thing
Ah did the lightmap problem get solved then? I also remember the camera collision problem, I'd hope by now that's also fixed?

Yeah the galaxy map idea was to expand the map into a projection with selectable planets; like the galaxy map but 3D and with essentially unlimited extra slots for modders to contribute - it was pretty much finished but it needs revisiting and fixing, I know how to go about it but I remember Q said there was a bug to do with the 003ebo enter script injection since I couldn't decompile the original. Buzz me on Facebook next week Q as I've got a load of free time

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #682
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
More fantastic stuff, as always, Q! I'm really looking forward to seeing these in-game.

And the galaxy map project, too - I think I remember some screenshots of that from way back when.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #683
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Q, with the size of the module you've been showing off lately, I do have to wonder - should we expect some amount of lag once it is in game? Even since I've played those M4-78 modules, map size and lag has been on my mind.

That being said, I like what I see.

I need some assistance on a matter related to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge. Please leave a comment on my BOS:ROS question here.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #684
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
More fantastic stuff, as always, Q! I'm really looking forward to seeing these in-game.

And the galaxy map project, too - I think I remember some screenshots of that from way back when.
Yeah I was looking for the old screenshots but I've got some cool ideas to improve on the old one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Q, with the size of the module you've been showing off lately, I do have to wonder - should we expect some amount of lag once it is in game? Even since I've played those M4-78 modules, map size and lag has been on my mind.

If you build the module correctly in rooms and you spend time writing the module layout then you shouldn't get lag - we did experience lag problems in the past but I did solve it by making only visible rooms render

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #685
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post

Fear not, it might look HUGE and high, but it's not that oversized. It takes less then 3minutes to go from one far edge to the other. My Narshaddaa street areas are bigger and more cluttered. And so far I didn't have any sort of lag issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovemaster View Post
Yeah I was looking for the old screenshots but I've got some cool ideas to improve on the old one

If you build the module correctly in rooms and you spend time writing the module layout then you shouldn't get lag - we did experience lag problems in the past but I did solve it by making only visible rooms render
Aqualaris was rather heavy with all the emitters going off. Those little things can really drag framerates down. But, yes, planning your lay-out and how you'll do the .lyt and .vis file can help a great deal.

Quote:
Ah did the lightmap problem get solved then? I also remember the camera collision problem, I'd hope by now that's also fixed?
Alas; cameras keep being pesky as hell. MagnusII never found out what caused it.

Quote:
Yeah the galaxy map idea... ...Buzz me on Facebook next week Q as I've got a load of free time
I'll do that, I've got some free time aswell

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #686
Fair Strides 2

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
I'll do that, I've got some free time aswell
Quote:
Buzz me on Facebook next week Q as I've got a load of free time
One of mind keeping me informed of any developments? I can't use FB too much and I want to know if I should keep the files or if you want to release it separate of SG.K, guys? Be seein' ya.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Hi! I messaged him on Facebook and got this answer: "Sure if he wants to release a new KSE, no problem. I'm surprised he was able to find all the perl modules. I released them a long time ago but they were buried somewhere in the KSE thread." So, go for it--please give him credit for the original work, though!
KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

12/13/13 -- Fixed KSE 3.3.4 bugs. Please check the above link.
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #687
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
One of mind keeping me informed of any developments? I can't use FB too much and I want to know if I should keep the files or if you want to release it separate of SG.K, guys? Be seein' ya.
The projector for the SG mod was derived from our galaxy map fix but isn't actually the mod that we initially went for, I'll be sure to let you know if we get the map working fine and release details of how to put extra planets on it for everyone.

After a bit of research I had a problem with the k_003ebo_onenter script being replaced but as it happens there is a decompiled version from a year ago by the TSLRP so I should be able to get it working fine now

Old 05-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #688
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
but as it happens there is a decompiled version from a year ago by the TSLRP so I should be able to get it working fine now
TSLRP or TSLRCM?

I need some assistance on a matter related to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge. Please leave a comment on my BOS:ROS question here.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #689
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
RP recompiled all the TSL scripts as a resource.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #690
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Helpful! 
I believe it was the RCM as I read a note on it being updated from the version decompiled before that

Old 05-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #691
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
I believe it was the RCM as I read a note on it being updated from the version decompiled before that
Might want to grab TSLRCM 1.8.2/3's version...

Quote:
Hi! I messaged him on Facebook and got this answer: "Sure if he wants to release a new KSE, no problem. I'm surprised he was able to find all the perl modules. I released them a long time ago but they were buried somewhere in the KSE thread." So, go for it--please give him credit for the original work, though!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 AM   #692
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Yeah, it should be as .nss inside the 003EBO.mod.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #693
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
Yeah, it should be as .nss inside the 003EBO.mod.
Please forgive the forthcoming outburst...

WHHHAAATATTTTT??!!!!!

You guys put un-compiled versions of OE's scripts in the .MOD files? That just made my day, HH!

As far as I was aware, we were screwed on that front since OE didn't pack the On Enter scripts in the .nss section of Scripts.bif...

Quote:

Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #694
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Helpful! 
Yeah that's where I found the decompiled script

Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #695
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

No, not all scripts. And they aren't the 'base', it's the modified version TSLRCM uses. So modmakers can use it if they have to use the Ebon Hawk onenter and make it TSLRCM compatible.

It's just a few files really I think, onenter and a_next_scene in the 003EBO.mod, and the new base loot script is dropped in the override folder. That's about it.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #696
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Helpful! 
Aye I recognised the original is the one decompiled by Stoffe, so for the galaxy map fix I'll use the modified one for compatibility - out of curiosity I didn't notice any commented changes to the script, will there be any bugs for anyone who does not have the TSLRCM installed by using the RCM's onenter script?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #697
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Pretty sure it's fine...
Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #698
Quanon

Great to see you guys getting that scripting madness sorted
Alas, no further updates from me on the 3D front. My personal life is a very big mess atm. I've got a ton of issues to get through, not to speak about the stress and the whole emotianal turmoil... ugh...

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #699
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Take care of what's important. Modding can wait, Quanon.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #700
Quanon

Hey, guys!

Back with a tiny update. I just got a new job, into my 4th week now and it's going great. Besides that, I've got a little 3D work done. Mostly just doing some texturing on the 'unnamed' module

But I also worked a bit more on my old Korriban models. I was working on a temple interieur, but never really finished the full model. I've done some work on that old model aswell. Just so other modders might use everything I've made.

I'll do my best to improve my 'packages'; so they are easier to use.
Anyway, here's some quick renders of that one module!

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #701
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Looking gd Q, happy to see you're still active. You know I discovered you can now get KoTOR on ipad haha, doesn't seem 2 minutes ago I had to buy a new PC so I could run it beyond 800x600 when developing BoS. :P

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #702
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Congrats on the job! Diggin' the module - could be Taris, could be Coruscant, could even be Bespin.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #703
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Looking good.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #704
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
That white city looks like a place that phase II Clone Troopers would live
and it looks like a fun place to run around and explore

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #705
Quanon

Kabling,

Qs back with another update on the 'mistery' city. The area is fully textured now, just need to make a new window tex to make it complete. Besides that I've worked on the decoration of the skybox. As just a sky with clouds wouldn't do the trick. I've inserted more buildings, this should give the look of a big metropolis. Plus it adds some depth and scale.

But, pictures are just more fun then words! So I've taken some quality renders! Beware though, they're a bit big!

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #706
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Looks beautiful, Q. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for it.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #707
milestails
Rookie

Gorgeous!
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #708
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
Kabling,

Qs back with another update on the 'mistery' city. The area is fully textured now, just need to make a new window tex to make it complete. Besides that I've worked on the decoration of the skybox. As just a sky with clouds wouldn't do the trick. I've inserted more buildings, this should give the look of a big metropolis. Plus it adds some depth and scale.

But, pictures are just more fun then words! So I've taken some quality renders! Beware though, they're a bit big!
You are amazing, Q! And that makes me glad we don't have modding contests, because you'd win hands down.

Quote:

Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #709
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Too bad they never look as good in game (IMO)

The lack of aurora lights really bothers me, even though the lightmaps often are really awesome.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #710
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Looks almost like an arena match from Republic Commando. Nice work.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #711
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I keep wondering what asteroid belt they had to completely strip in order to mine that much pretty red marble

You do love your marble textures Q. Looks great

Old 07-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #712
darthtyren
Rookie

My turn to finally comment. You have got to get this done, Q(not to say I don't want a quality area, take your time), because this area looks just way too awesome!

Good with dialogues and getting better
Working on Scripting and Module Editing/Re-skinning
Started work on Modeling New Areas
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #713
Viralfelon
Lurker

Hey quanon!
Nice work I have a guess at the city planet.

Is it....cinnagar
Viralfelon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #714
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Too bad they never look as good in game (IMO)

The lack of aurora lights really bothers me, even though the lightmaps often are really awesome.
Well, you need to do the lights via the lightmapping. Auroralights are only for adding some extra detail. The game only ever renders 3 of the lights at anyone time. Modern engines don't do it this way anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
I keep wondering what asteroid belt they had to completely strip in order to mine that much pretty red marble

You do love your marble textures Q. Looks great
Yeah, I just love the patterns and contrast in marble
Though the textures need a serious edit. They don't tile smoothly. And I find the red to be a bit to dark and lacking in contrast.

But it's work for a later date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtyren View Post
My turn to finally comment. You have got to get this done, Q(not to say I don't want a quality area, take your time), because this area looks just way too awesome!
Getting closer to finish. Just hang on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralfelon View Post
Hey quanon!
Nice work I have a guess at the city planet.

Is it....cinnagar
Héhéhé, no.
The name has been mentioned a few times now. But I won't spoil it now just yet. I'm not alone on this project.

An update: Got the first part of the area into the game. No texture stretching, just a few odd little 'bugs' to fix. Did waste more then 2 hours to get it to work properly in the game though >_>

Never forget the Resetxform!

Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #715
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
Well, you need to do the lights via the lightmapping. Auroralights are only for adding some extra detail. The game only ever renders 3 of the lights at anyone time. Modern engines don't do it this way anymore.
I remember you telling me that once, a long time ago;still in this galaxy, unfortunately.

Quote:
Though the textures need a serious edit. They don't tile smoothly. And I find the red to be a bit to dark and lacking in contrast.

Two things:

1. Do you want this.

2. I always thought the city was for TSL, but I think I saw Carth in your screenshot...

Quote:

Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #716
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Yes, but let's say for instance you're standing in a dark part of the module - that darkness doesn't cast on the player character and that's one thing that just really annoys me >:|

Nothing on you Q, I just hate that nothing can be done about it.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #717
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quanon I am so glad to see you are still here and at work..i hope to see your work in game soon, and thanks so much! Keep the Force Alive as your work is awesome!

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #718
darthtyren
Rookie

Quote:
An update: Got the first part of the area into the game. No texture stretching, just a few odd little 'bugs' to fix. Did waste more then 2 hours to get it to work properly in the game though >_>

Never forget the Resetxform!
Yikes, yeah that one's a big one. But yay, it's in game!

Good with dialogues and getting better
Working on Scripting and Module Editing/Re-skinning
Started work on Modeling New Areas
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #719
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:

Do you want me to take a look at it? You know how I love Photoshop

Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #720
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Do you want me to take a look at it? You know how I love Photoshop
You certainly have go from me! I just know you'll get awesome results!
Plus I'm a bit 'unhappy' with my white wall textures. I'dd like them to all have the same whiteness. But now some are more 'grey-yellowish' others go for a more blueish tint.

It's been bugging me

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Quanons Crazy Projects!