lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can somebody do this bastila re-skin
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
jjb75
Rookie

Current Game: Knights of the old republic
Can somebody do this bastila re-skin

I saw this on google and can't get over it. I want to know if somebody can do this or knows a download link to this it would be awesome thanks

Screen Shots: light-http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid= jnQaIc5RmInDjM&tbnid=7Cn4J7pBOZOW3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw& url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucasforums.com%2Fshowthread. php%3Fp%3D2644267&ei=-GfDUcrKHK2yygHl64HgDg&bvm=bv.48175248,d.aWc&psig=A FQjCNGW91PpuMlnt3qJ7QplUfjkQraZqw&ust=137184702777 1932

Screen Shot darkhttp://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid= nSOeqY1LDe6CLM&tbnid=h1rqYOcPMue50M:&ved=0CAUQjRw& url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucasforums.com%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D198840&ei=OWjDUYDLHuiBywGMzoC4DA&bvm=bv. 48175248,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGW91PpuMlnt3qJ7QplUfjkQr aZqw&ust=1371847027771932
jjb75 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Those links don't seem to work =/

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
jjb75
Rookie

copy the whole link except for the light and dark at the beginning
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Phildevil

same here... and I did what you said...
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
jjb75
Rookie

here let me get this one http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198840 idk if there is a dl link for this or not
Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb75 View Post
here let me get this one http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198840 idk if there is a dl link for this or not
WIP = Work in Progress my good man XD Don't know if it has been released yet, but I would contact Rtsa Vadum about getting it seeing as that is the person creating it XD

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Apoc Nizmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
jjb75
Rookie

I don't know how I would get a hold of rtsa Vadum and that was posted in '09 so that is why I posted here
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Profile Link HERE BUDDEH

Shoot em a PM and see?

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc Nizmith View Post
Profile Link HERE BUDDEH

Shoot em a PM and see?
I sent RV a PM via Deadly Stream. If he has something to say, I'm sure he'll post in the original WIP thread.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!

Last edited by Sith Holocron; 06-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
jjb75
Rookie

Thanks everyone by the way for replying I'm new and now feel welcomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
I sent RV a PM via Deadly Stream. If he has something to say, I'm sure he'll post in the original WIP thread.
Thank you I would really appreciate that

Last edited by Sithspecter; 06-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
What is this "Deadly Stream" thing you speak of? LOL Yeah I am a frigging newb to modding kotor but a retared over gamer who's life's ambition is to work for squaresoft designing characters LOL

Old 06-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
jjb75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc Nizmith View Post
What is this "Deadly Stream" thing you speak of? LOL Yeah I am a frigging newb to modding kotor but a retared over gamer who's life's ambition is to work for squaresoft designing characters LOL
It is another site that hosts mods

Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Well, after taking some time to re-do some of the alpha channels for Bastila's textures, the only thing that is left would be to set up the patcher to change the entries for her DS transitions. Which is partially done, the code in the changes file looking like this:

Show spoiler

Sans the top lines, of course. I believe all that is left is to make the patcher add the files to the override

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
jjb75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
Well, after taking some time to re-do some of the alpha channels for Bastila's textures, the only thing that is left would be to set up the patcher to change the entries for her DS transitions. Which is partially done, the code in the changes file looking like this:

Show spoiler

Sans the top lines, of course. I believe all that is left is to make the patcher add the files to the override
Thank you so much i saw this skin and fell in love with it

now are u going to pm me the file when u are done. just wondering how we are gonna do this. and i love u by the way

Quote:
I'd say it's pretty much done, the only obstacle being that I'd want to test it to make sure the LS cutscene works. Only problem is, I don't have a save during that part of the game. Closest I have would be a save on Korriban. The others I have are on the Star Forge, and one on Taris(mostly for testing another mod of mine).

I'll probably try to play through with the save I have, since i don't think there are any full game save archives for K1 like Chainz.2da did for TSL.

Oh, and as for the Mod's name...Bastila - Dark Jedi Princess.
Sweet, play and please keep me updated

Quote:

Id say that name is fitting in my humble opinion

Last edited by Sithspecter; 06-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
now are u going to pm me the file when u are done. just wondering how we are gonna do this. and i love u by the way
I'll upload it to Deadly Stream, like the rest of my mods. A link to them is in my sig.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
jjb75
Rookie

What will u call this glorious mod and when will it be up and ready for downloading

Yo when will it be on deadly stream

Last edited by mimartin; 06-21-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #17
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Yo when will it be on deadly stream
Well, I have made the changes so the Patcher will add the files upon install, but there is still one problem, although it is more relating to how BioWare set up the ending section of the game, and how I've changed it.

The mod gives Bastilla a darkside version of her normal clothing. The problem starts with just that alone. K1 doesn't have a column in the appearance.2da for darkside default clothing, while K2 does - probably because BioWare didn't intend on Party members going darkside, as most either already are, or never change.

So, I had one other option to allow the use of this outfit, and even it has a problem. I made it so that she wears it when you see her atop the Rakatan Temple. Which means I had to edit at least seven files, since BioWare chose to make a template for Bastila, and which one the game uses, depends on the player's level(at least I think so, since she can be level 15 to 20 at that point in the game). Which does work.

With a darkside playthrough, this causes no issues. However, play the game lightside, and mostly, there is none either. You can have her run off, and go back to the Ebon Hawk to go to the Star Forge - except, you cannot. Why? Well, perhaps another example of BioWare being somewhat lazy. In the list of utc files for the area(which I believe is ebo_m41aa), p_bastilla001 is there. Which is one of the same files they use to have her appear atop the Temple, and in the instance of the LS Ebon Hawk cut-scene, likely use a script to change the appearance data, so it points to the Admiral. So, having that file in the override means that the scene stays black, and does nothing.

Of course, there is an option. That is to remove the p_Bastilla001 file, which means only that if a player is level 15 during that part of the game(which might be unlikely, unless one would save levels for a long time), Bastilla will be wearing the Dark Jedi Master robe that she normally does.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #18
jjb75
Rookie

Well if that is the case the normal skin without the transition would be enough seeing that it is just an awesome skin

Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
With a darkside playthrough, this causes no issues. However, play the game lightside, and mostly, there is none either. You can have her run off, and go back to the Ebon Hawk to go to the Star Forge - except, you cannot. Why? Well, perhaps another example of BioWare being somewhat lazy. In the list of utc files for the area(which I believe is ebo_m41aa), p_bastilla001 is there. Which is one of the same files they use to have her appear atop the Temple, and in the instance of the LS Ebon Hawk cut-scene, likely use a script to change the appearance data, so it points to the Admiral. So, having that file in the override means that the scene stays black, and does nothing.
In order to rectify the override issue you can just patch your version of Bastila's UTC into the correct .rim file. However, seeing as editing .rim's is potentially dangerous in KotOR (in the sense you can't uninstall by deleting the .rim) I'd recommend creating a .MOD that contains all the vanilla files from that area, and naming that .MOD exactly as the .rim is named (ebo_m41aa.rim -> ebo_m41aa.MOD).

Then have the TSL Patcher copy over your .MOD to the modules folder (make sure it's set to copy over, not replace as your .MOD is just a precaution so the TSL Patcher can still patch files to the .MOD if the player doesn't already have a mod that created a .MOD for that area). Then, set the TSL Patcher to copy over the Bastila UTC to your .MOD file.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
Then have the TSL Patcher copy over your .MOD to the modules folder (make sure it's set to copy over, not replace as your .MOD is just a precaution so the TSL Patcher can still patch files to the .MOD if the player doesn't already have a mod that created a .MOD for that area). Then, set the TSL Patcher to copy over the Bastila UTC to your .MOD file.
That was easier to set up than I was thinking. Although, at this point I simply packaged the edited utc in the mod file. I don't see the option in ChangeEdit to add the file to the .MOD after the patcher installs it, although I'm probably missing something.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #21
jjb75
Rookie

If it is a problem the transition is unimportant to me. I just like the light one

Old 06-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
That was easier to set up than I was thinking. Although, at this point I simply packaged the edited utc in the mod file. I don't see the option in ChangeEdit to add the file to the .MOD after the patcher installs it, although I'm probably missing something.
You can change the path along the bottom (default should just be override) to Modules\ebo_m41aa.mod.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
jjb75
Rookie

Quote:
Just checking in how is it going

Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #24
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Just checking in how is it going
I'd say it's pretty much done, the only obstacle being that I'd want to test it to make sure the LS cutscene works. Only problem is, I don't have a save during that part of the game. Closest I have would be a save on Korriban. The others I have are on the Star Forge, and one on Taris(mostly for testing another mod of mine).

I'll probably try to play through with the save I have, since i don't think there are any full game save archives for K1 like Chainz.2da did for TSL.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
Phildevil

I'm pretty sure when Rtas Vadum will be done, he will post here lol...
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
jjb75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
I'm pretty sure when Rtas Vadum will be done, he will post here lol...
Apparently not

Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #27
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Apparently not
Patience, okay?

We all have spare time to mod, but that's only after we do the things we have to, like school and work. And a modder can sometimes have a queue of projects and switches between them at their leisure. He can be working on a few other project too. I know for a fact that he's working on a game-wide reskin like Tron.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Can somebody do this bastila re-skin