lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [K1 Idea/Request] Saving the Nameless Rakatan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Christos K
Forumite

[K1 Idea/Request] Saving the Nameless Rakatan

I'm surprised no one has made a mod surrounding this yet especially after BoS:SR was released.

I always have wanted to be able to save the nameless Rakatan in the Mysterious Box that you are suppose to deliver to Motta the Hutt on Tatooine.

Basically it would just be editing existing quests.

It would require going into the Mysterious Box though instead of delivering it to Motta without hesitation.

You keep the box until you go to the Unknown World and either The One or Ll'awa the researcher (Ll'awa will only help you after you've completed his side-quest) will help you free the prisoner.

Here's where the options come in and are up to whomever wants to do this if anyone is interested.

Freeing the prisoner could mean several different things. Obviously he will not be made one with his old body since that body is long gone.

So either freeing can simply mean, finally letting the prisoner die painlessly (Lightside)

Letting the prisoner die painfully (Darkside)

or

Transferring the prisoner's soul/mind into a living prisoner at either camp (Elder Camp or the One's Camp) and this would be neutral since it's sort of killing the living prisoner's soul/mind.

The scope of this mod is ultimately up to any modder who wants to play with the idea. I just thought I post this for the hell of it.

This mod could be rather small or even big depending on how much story/action/etc you'd want to add to it.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
milestails

Good idea.

Never gave much thought to the nameless Rakatan after the Mysterious Box.
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Christos K
Forumite

I'm just surprised that no one else has done something with it yet. So much could be done there especially after we've seen what Silveredge conjured up with BoS:SR.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Huh, interesting idea. I always wondered why Motta wanted that box in the first place. I might look into doing something with this.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
Darth Kalverys
Dark Lord

Just spouting out ideas here, but obviously the box ends up on Tatooine. Uhm. Do you think Czerka could have gotten a hold of the box and that's the one you find on Tatooine on TOR quest The Thing Czerka Found? I considered that when I remembered the box. So personally, I wouldn't touch it. :P
Darth Kalverys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueben Shan View Post
Just spouting out ideas here, but obviously the box ends up on Tatooine. Uhm. Do you think Czerka could have gotten a hold of the box and that's the one you find on Tatooine on TOR quest The Thing Czerka Found? I considered that when I remembered the box. So personally, I wouldn't touch it. :P
Eh, I don't care much for TOR so if it contradicts it I couldn't care less.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Disturbed205
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls V
Why would you want to save a powerhungry murdering warlord?
Disturbed205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Christos K
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
Eh, I don't care much for TOR so if it contradicts it I couldn't care less.
I was about to say the same. I'm still not over the fact that ToR pretty much meant the death of the KotOR series....

Old 07-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed205 View Post
Why would you want to save a powerhungry murdering warlord?
Well, he's had close to thirty millennia to sit and think. Lots of time for someone to undergo serious character changes. He might be a pretty cool guy now. Although I would consider the whole thing a dark side quest since you are assisting in the invading of someone's mind and eradication of their consciousness in place of another.

Anyway, I like this idea very much. I would suggest possibly expanding the possibilities as to who the recipient host could be. You could unleash the prisoner's consciousness on a fellow Rakatan, but other ideal candidates may include the prisoners at the Sith Academy, or the students starving themselves outside the academy doors to get in. Or the Sith prisoner at the Republic Embassy on Manaan. Or a few original characters.

The possibilities are endless. Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
Isaac Clarke

I like this idea. I would say, though, that instead of the DS option to let him die painlessly, the DS option could be your neutral option (transferring him into a prisoner, abolishing the previous consciousness of the prisoner).
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Christos K
Forumite

There are many ways you could go about it.

Keep in mind that KotOR surrounds the idea of placing an identity within a body so it would be ironic for Revan to reprogram some body with the Prisoner's mind.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > [K1 Idea/Request] Saving the Nameless Rakatan