lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which characters should I bring with?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Question Which characters should I bring with?

I've beaten the game many times, but I'm curious if there is any dialogue or side quests that I may have missed. What I want to know is what are the best characters to take with me throughout the different planets? I know to trigger their side quests you have to take them off the ship, but I want to know who I should bring with me deeper into the planets. Whether it's a good strategy, unlocks more dialogue, or effects the plot I want to know.

Last edited by Sith Sizzle; 07-14-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

If anyone has info or knows where characters are best used I'd love to hear it.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Codeluke
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Depends on which characters you use most and when you add them to your party. A lot of times as soon as I'm able to travel I go straight to Kashyyyk and then get Jolee Bindo because his personality in game is hilarious. Running around with HK47 and Canderous can lead to some funny cutscenes too. I know you know all this, but IMO none of them really contribute THAT much to the overall storyline and main theme to be considered a MUST-HAVE in the party at all times. Hope this helps, even if only a little.
Codeluke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Thanks just wanted to hear what someone else thought!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Every time I run through KotOR now, I build a Jedi Guardian. Force Powers are pretty much useless against the bosses + Force Jump is fun. With that in mind, here is what I feel about the various party members:

Carth - Fully Upgraded Cassus Fett's Heavy Blaster + Saul's Sith Assassin Pistol = good supporting damage
Mission Vao - Fully Upgraded Baragwin Ion-X Weapon or Fully Upgraded Jamoh Hogra's Blaster Carbine + Sneak Attack = also good supporting damage. Very good for getting mines (sell them on Yavin IV for double credits) and security. (I usually don't bring her though because the game always prompts me to talk to her, and I don't want to do her broken quest).
HK-47 - Same weapons as Mission, better dialogue and good stats if you repair him.
Jolee - Good support if you're a Jedi Guardian or Sentinel (spam Stasis/Insanity/Wave)
Canderous - I used to always bring this guy just because, when equipped with a fully upgraded Yusanis' Brand, he was devastating. That, and he could take hits. But now that I always go Jedi Guardian or Sentinel, I don't really need his beefiness.
Zalbaar - Zalbaar is like Canderous in that he tanks and hits hard. I don't use him much though for the same reason I don't use Canderous.
Bastila - No.
Juhani - No.
T3-M4 - No

Party Configurations:

Taris
Show spoiler

Jedi Guardian/Sentinel
Show spoiler

Jedi Consular
Show spoiler

In short, I like a team with one of everything. A tank that can soak up all the damage while bruising opponents (usually me as a Guardian or Sentinel), a support that has utility (Heal, Valor, Armor, Stasis Field, Insanity, Wave, etc.), and a ranged fighter that can deal damage without receiving any back. Blasters are, unfortunately, weaker than lightsabers and melee weapons - unless they're in the hands of a Mission with a positional advantage. However, I prefer having characters that use blasters mainly because they're the better characters (Carth + HK-47 > Bastila + Juhani).

Party Member Quests:
(in no particular order)
Show spoiler

Last edited by CptPriceless; 08-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
milestails

How is Mission's sidequest bugged?
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
How is Mission's sidequest bugged?
Show spoiler

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
milestails

Can't say I've ever noticed that
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Which characters should I bring with?