lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?
Darth Revan 2 66.67%
Darth Bane 0 0%
Exar Kun 0 0%
Darth Sidious 1 33.33%
Darth Vader 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #121
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore5 View Post
Revan has a balance of light and dark - this makes him more powerful than one who focuses purely on the dark side, as he can draw power from both.
Also, Sidious never did what Lord Vitiate could do, and Revan survived a duel with the latter.
Revan did survive, but more as a vegetable. He was a source of power for Vitiate to feed from, not as the person he was before the battle, so it depends on your definition of "surviving".

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #122
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
Physically, yes, he was unable to operate, but it was stated that he could mentally influence the actions of Vitiate during that time, so still had power even in that state.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #123
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Quote:
Physically, yes, he was unable to operate, but it was stated that he could mentally influence the actions of Vitiate during that time, so still had power even in that state.
So who do you call more powerful. The slave who can slightly influence the thoughts of the one who slaved him, or the slaver who is still up and moving around like the bad-ass Sith emporer he was?

As much as Revan could influence, he was still rendered in a physically vegetative state by the Sith Emporer. Mentally, he was caged inside his own head with limited abilities to get into Vitiate's head, and only Vitiate. There was no ability to contact the outside world. Even being in prison on Hoth would be more of an existence then being a bug in the back of Vitiate's mind.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #124
Mandalore5
Rookie

Would the Emperor have survived a battle with Lord Vitiate? It is clear that the latter has greater dark-side power than the former, as he could strip the Force from entire planets, thus he would simply destroy Sidious - as Revan was able to call on both light and dark, he was able to survive and continue to fight in whatever way he could.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #125
HED
Rookie

Quote:
Would the Emperor have survived a battle with Lord Vitiate? It is clear that the latter has greater dark-side power than the former, as he could strip the Force from entire planets, thus he would simply destroy Sidious - as Revan was able to call on both light and dark, he was able to survive and continue to fight in whatever way he could.
I suppose that depends on the circumstance. With what is established, a straight-up fight between the two would probably go to Vitiate. But if it were the climax of a protracted war between the two, I think Sidious would be able to figure something out ahead of time to level the playing field, and come out on top.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #126
Mandalore5
Rookie

Sidious was a better tactician, yes, but in a fight akin to that Revan fought, Vitiate would undoubtedly win.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Who was the most powerful sith lord ever?