lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dog breeds
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
maltron66
Rookie

Dog breeds

I don't know if there's a thread like this, but anyway...
Do you have a pet dog? If so, what breed is it? And finally, what would your favorite dog breed be?
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
HED
Rookie

I have a dog, but she isn't a specific breed. She's a mix of a whole bunch of terriers, which I suppose would be my favorite type of dog.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
maltron66
Rookie

Quick reply! Anyway, I have a 10-year old German Shepard and a 5-month old Caucasian Shepard. I've owned many German Shepards and they are my favorite breed, but I love my Caucasian puppy...
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
HED
Rookie

I had a friend who had a couple German Shepherds. From what I remember they were nice. A lot bigger than any dog's I've ever had.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Everyone knows cats are superior, but if I were to get a dog, it would be a Daschund. I love that sausagey shape.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I have a dog. My best guess would be that she's some sort of Hound/Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pit mutt. She's a good looking, albiet paranoid, dog.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I possess a Labrador Retriever. 9-years-old and 60 lbs. of pure love.

That being said...Labs would be my favourite breed, but then there's the Karelian Bear dogs. Who hunt bears. That got me.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
I have a yellow lab that's only a few years old. Labs are my favorite breed. There are a lot of other breeds I love, but labs are just so damn docile and training was simple.

Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I love Labrador and Golden retrievers. Best dogs ever.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Mine passed away back in 2006, we were born in the same year so I basically grew up with her. An awesome mix of Irish Wolfhound and Belgian Shepherd:

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
My dogs are usually Black Labs.

However, right now I have to deal with a ratdog... My mom's poddle. No clue what kind nor do I care, just have to walk the ragdog since my mom is old.

Maybe it is time to get another Lab, then it can eat ratdog.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I don't own a dog, but I like dogs of all breeds equally. Unlike the rest of the snobs in this thread, I'm not breedist.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I don't own a dog, but I like dogs of all breeds equally. Unlike the rest of the snobs in this thread, I'm not breedist.
Whether we have a favorite breed or not, it has no relation to how we treat them or feel about them. My favorite is a Labrador, but that doesn't mean I don't like other ones or that I think people should only own labs. I love all animals equally, but I'd rather have certain ones as pets over others and there's nothing wrong with that. I had no idea that having a favorite type of animal was such a cruel thing.

Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #14
maltron66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Sizzle View Post
Whether we have a favorite breed or not, it has no relation to how we treat them or feel about them. My favorite is a Labrador, but that doesn't mean I don't like other ones or that I think people should only own labs. I love all animals equally, but I'd rather have certain ones as pets over others and there's nothing wrong with that. I had no idea that having a favorite type of animal was such a cruel thing.
Same goes for me. The fact that I own a dog of a specific breed doesn't mean that I hate all other dog breeds. My favorite breed would be the German Shepard, but this doesn't mean that I don't like any other breeds.
I especially love Caucasian Shepards, Labs, Jack Russels, Golden Retrievers, Beagles, Akitas, Rottweilers, Boxers, Cane Corsos.... and the list goes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HED View Post
I had a friend who had a couple German Shepherds. From what I remember they were nice. A lot bigger than any dog's I've ever had.
Wait to see a Caucasian. It's the biggest dog breed in the world. My puppy is already as tall as my 10-year old G.S. He weights around 77 lbs and according to my vet, he'll eventually weight about 176 lbs.
And he's fearless, too! When I walked him to my vet and back home, the other dogs barked at him and what did he do? He attempted to attack them. And he would have got to them, hadn't I been holding him firmly.
All in all, if you want to see how big a Caucasian can be, chech this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL9J8_NV530

Last edited by maltron66; 08-07-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Has it been 6 months already?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Oh Sabre. XD No one ever seems to understand you.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #17
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I have a 120 lb. half arctic/half timber wolf, 4th generation domesticated. Rearing up to her full height on her 2 hind legs she stands as tall or even taller than my mum. I'd estimate she's about 5'6" tall maximum at the apex of rearing up.
Nearing 2 years old it's out of one phase and into the next. She used to pull and take off. Being I'm just shy of weighting 170 lbs, though I was able to hold onto her she'd still pull me quite a bit if she decided to take off after a critter while on the leash. I finally let her off when she proved she'd always come back.
Now she's reaching that point where she doesn't always want to come back at first when it's time for the end of the walk, usually when she still has too much energy left.
Big deep scary bark and growl.

Like my previous wolf, she loves chasing off bears in the trash, and bears do NOT like her. She also loves teasing and chasing coyotes. They're annoyed and even a little scared, while she's got that amused "haha" prance. They tried to go after her but she always fools them. And since their biggest one is totally afraid of her on direct confrontations (he's like half her size and can't really outrun her), none of them really want a piece of her. They don't even try trapping her anymore. It's a natural sort of hierarchy because wolves kill coyotes in the wild. So usually she just goes to their den area and instigates a little harassment for fun.

Not really against any breeds. I think pit bulls get an unfairly bad-rap because it's the arse holes who ruin it for everyone else, making their dogs nasty. My sister has one and she's the sweetest thing (if a bit overly wound up and hyperactive).

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Dog breeds