lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #321
Codeluke
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post

Trust me, Trex still has a few things planned for this sweet game. I believe he plans to finish adding a few things here and there, as well as get some new skins for a few areas. He mentioned looking for voice actors, and I know that a few people mentioned a desire for updated movies.

On those, I believe they looked nice, but something happened when Trex converted them to .bik...
That's understandable. I look forward to seeing this project progress even further.
Codeluke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #322
MrBluevelt
Rookie

Glad to see this terrific TCM being fine-tuned.

Beyond fixing some bugs, it would be great to get voice-overs to replace the mechanical ones and, more importantly, a new voice actor to redo Revan's lines. It hurts the immersion factor that he sounds like a teenager trying to make his voice seem deep (that may literally be what it is, actually).
MrBluevelt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #323
darthtyren
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBluevelt View Post
Glad to see this terrific TCM being fine-tuned.

Beyond fixing some bugs, it would be great to get voice-overs to replace the mechanical ones and, more importantly, a new voice actor to redo Revan's lines. It hurts the immersion factor that he sounds like a teenager trying to make his voice seem deep (that may literally be what it is, actually).
Yeah, he does sound quite odd. The way he is now kinda reminds me of Palpatine from RotJ, just 'raspier'. I wouldn't mind doing his VOs, because I wouldn't have to make my voice that raspy to get the right pitch. And I don't think Revan would be raspy, because that is usually the sign of an old, evil guy.

Good with dialogues and getting better
Working on Scripting and Module Editing/Re-skinning
Started work on Modeling New Areas
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #324
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post

On those, I believe they looked nice, but something happened when Trex converted them to .bik...
Yeah, is anyone here an expert on converting to bik? I still have the original HD AVIs. If someone knows how to convert them without loosing quality, that's be really useful.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #325
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Out of curiosity, how many lines does Revan have in your mod?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #326
darthtyren
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Out of curiosity, how many lines does Revan have in your mod?
Something I would also like to know (b/c I forgot) is if the mod stuck just with the canon story of Revan (LS). And again, I could do Revan's VOs, or maybe The Shadow's.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #327
Christos K
Veteran

If it were my choice, and I know some people may not agree but I would just leave Revan's lines voiceless same with the Exile's. Just to keep that whole aspect that you once played as them in previous game. Maybe even use something like Nihilus' voice.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #328
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Revan has 233 lines of dialog for those wondering.

PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #329
darthtyren
Rookie

Yeah, I can do that.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #330
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtyren View Post
Yeah, I can do that.
Do you have a voice/demo sample?

Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #331
darthtyren
Rookie

Just sent you a pm.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #332
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
I hope Revan is male in this, is he?

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #333
darthtyren
Rookie

Yes.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #334
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
I'm playing this version that's up and I can't for the life of me find Vima Sunrider! I'm where I'm supposed to go, but there's no sign of her.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #335
Shigar Konshi
Rookie

I played through 2.0 with no problems up untill I got to the mystery planet and once I got to the huge temple thingy it wouldn't let me through the door?? Weird eh??
Shigar Konshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #336
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

there should be something to click, I think.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #337
Shigar Konshi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge Suron View Post
there should be something to click, I think.
Aye well I walk up to the temple and I click on the door, then it just turns my camera sharply as if its trying to go to a cutscene or something like that
Shigar Konshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #338
DarthPlastic
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR and TSL
Has the issue with vima not spawning been corrected?

The French Sexy-Boy
DarthPlastic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #339
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPlastic View Post
Has the issue with vima not spawning been corrected?
I'm gonna say... no. I have the same problem.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #340
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Oh, my. Oh, my my my. Well, this is embarrassing as hell, to say the least.

Suffice to say, -I'm- the oft complained about, way-too-young 'n' inexperienced voice of Revan in this mod. I worked on the project so long ago that I'd almost totally forgotten about it until very recently, and was surprised to see my lines have actually gone public.

As it happens, I recorded the lines... early 2009, I think, closer to five years ago than four. First voice role I'd actually landed, I believe. I would have been... hm, fourteen? You can certainly tell. XD

WELL, I certainly agree with the general concensus of 'get those lines replaced, ASAP' - *shudder*

Has that fellow further up in this thread taken on the job? If he has, then that's fantastic as far as I'm concerned. If not, though, and you're looking - least I can do is offer to redo them myself, now with 5 years of experience and a properly developed, -hopefully- no longer cringe-worthy voice.

https://www.box.com/s/6kwzhdu5lgqk06sx4waf - There you'll find this year's iteration of my voice demo reel, so you've proof I don't sound exactly the same. :P Perhaps something similar to the voice at 00:39 in that reel, for Revan?

Anyway, let me know if I'm needed, I'd happily do the full set again to make up for the abysmal previous ones. :P If you've already sorted all that with somebody else, then all the better, but by all that's good, don't let 14-year-old-me's lines stay. *shudders again*
Gavaroc Fevinor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #341
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Gav, why not submit new versions of the lines to Trex, then Trex can decide for himself? As far as I know, no new Revan has been chosen yet.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #342
MrBluevelt
Rookie

Gav, kudos for taking the critique so well. And really, it's just not possible for someone who's 14 to succeed in the part, so it's perfectly understandable why the performance didn't "work."
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #343
Phildevil

Your "new" voice is mint
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #344
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Eeeerm, main reason SithHolocron is that I no longer -have- any of those lines on me. Nor do I have KOTOR II installed on my current laptop so I can't really access the mod. :P

So I've no idea what those lines -are-, to be frank. XD

Mrbluevelt - I'm just glad it WAS almost five years ago. If I was still 14 I'd probably have been quite disheartened. xD
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #345
Phildevil

Maybe someone could provide you with a quick vid of those lines. You might then have 'em handy to re-record...
Old 10-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #346
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

I'd say not to go to too much effort until Trex responds, for all any of us know he may already have somebody. I couldn't find a working email for him, his current website's email link doesn't appear to work.

EDIT: Ah. Managed to get in touch with Trex through Youtube PMs. So no worries, folks.

Last edited by Gavaroc Fevinor; 10-26-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #347
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Okay, so I've gotten the script for Revan's lines and ideally I'd like to make the best I can of this. I've recorded a small part of the script today.

Before I continue, I had the idea of posting some of those recordings here to see what people are thinking. Is this new voice I'm using good to go, or should I change it up a bit? I figure Revan shouldn't really sound 'old' necessarily, but rather powerful and commanding.

To that end, here's a comparison file with 6 of Revan's lines. For fun, I put the OLD version next to the new version to see how different one guy can sound in ~5 years. :P So the first iteration of each line is the OLD version; followed by the new.

https://app.box.com/s/iqa2k6pf3n97x7wy9p5a
Old 10-27-2013, 04:29 AM   #348
Phildevil

Damn, that's a lot of change lol. You sound like one of them footmen in Warcraft 2 :P Anyway, it sounds better, more natural.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #349
Isaac Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavaroc Fevinor View Post
Okay, so I've gotten the script for Revan's lines and ideally I'd like to make the best I can of this. I've recorded a small part of the script today.

Before I continue, I had the idea of posting some of those recordings here to see what people are thinking. Is this new voice I'm using good to go, or should I change it up a bit? I figure Revan shouldn't really sound 'old' necessarily, but rather powerful and commanding.

To that end, here's a comparison file with 6 of Revan's lines. For fun, I put the OLD version next to the new version to see how different one guy can sound in ~5 years. :P So the first iteration of each line is the OLD version; followed by the new.

https://app.box.com/s/iqa2k6pf3n97x7wy9p5a
I wouldn't mind hearing those new lines in the game.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #350
Nexross
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR 3 TJM
I may just an idiot lol but on janacks i can't get passed the doors that lead to enemy base, they keep locking me out or when i go to the computer terminal the door doesn't open and i'm locked in between rooms, any help would be great!
Nexross is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #351
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavaroc Fevinor View Post
New ones are legit. Very nice work. Cadence is excellent.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #352
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexross View Post
I may just an idiot lol but on janacks i can't get passed the doors that lead to enemy base, they keep locking me out or when i go to the computer terminal the door doesn't open and i'm locked in between rooms, any help would be great!
If you're still stuck, the idea is that you need to divide up your team. Different panels open different combinations of doors.

Or if you're desperate and need to cheat, the whereami armband mod can open them all for you.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #353
Nexross
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR 3 TJM
Thanks! How about the shadow/tsig quests? Do they not work? I spoke with Grenn for tsig but nothing happened
Nexross is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #354
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexross View Post
Thanks! How about the shadow/tsig quests? Do they not work? I spoke with Grenn for tsig but nothing happened
Hmm. There might be some problems with Shadows' quest (I think I made a patch for it in the other thread).

Tsig should be fine though. It might be a weird response. Something about saying you have evidence against Czerka.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #355
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
I installed the mod but for some reason it keeps crashing in the beginning so I had to quit playing. It crashes at the palace where the company ambushes the queen, HK, and the guards all fight. It crashes during the escape form the palace when the movie is playing.

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #356
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Any leaks on when a full patch is coming out? I'm not screaming for a release, I just want to play the game once it's patched, so I get the full experience.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #357
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
I put together a small vid today of some of the new characters voices. I nearly have all of them now, so that aspect of things hopefully won't take too much longer.

http://youtu.be/B35J-kEW6Hs

I still have a handful of bugs to sort out, but they're all fairly small and obvious ones.

One more thing I want to do is add a new element to the game in the form of a communicator armband which can warp you back to the ship. I feel like much of the running back and forth for some of the missions (especially side quests) gets a little tedious for some players, though I also feel like exploring is a fun aspect many enjoy.

The armband should solve that. Exploration, but without the burden of having to jog all the way back to your ship again afterwards. Should only be an afternoon's work to get it done.

I still can't confirm a release date to the final version of this mod yet, but I wanted to post something just so people know that I am indeed still working on it.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #358
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
That Revan is outstanding! Perfectly captures the neutrality you'd expect from a character we're used to RPing as.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #359
MrBluevelt
Rookie

These voices are a phenomenal step up. The audio quality on Cressa wasn't great, but that's a very minor complaint. All the other recordings sounded pretty crisp.

The Bastila voice is very strong. And kudos to the voice actor behind Revan for taking the criticism of his early performance with such humility and spirit; the new performance seems like it will be very good.

Will Tsig be getting a new voice? I know her mechanized voice was explained in a subplot, so I could see why you might leave that alone.

Looking forward to doing another play-through when the new version is released. It was close to my favorite KOTOR mod of all time before, and I'm sure it's going to be even more fun with some of the bugs taken care of and the voices improved.

Thanks for all the work you're putting in to this labor of love.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #360
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBluevelt View Post

Will Tsig be getting a new voice? I know her mechanized voice was explained in a subplot, so I could see why you might leave that alone.
Yes, I've got someone to redo the Tsig voice. It will still have some sort of electronic filter added to it though to sound a little mechanized.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0