lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: The Darkness Within
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #481
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Corsail walked down the corridor until he reached his room. He opened the door and noticed the lights in his room were still destroyed. He blinked once and then stepped back out. Nothing I really need out of there anyway.

The door sealed behind him and he walked back into the Shan's main room. As he passed by the ship's ramp he noticed Light sitting to the side. Corsail stood for a moment then sat down across from him. "Hey... so what happened down there with Voleran? And do you know where we're heading? Earlier I thought it would end with Voleran, but I guess he was just another blasted pawn of whoever, or whatever's been pulling all the strings."

Corsail sighed, "And if we're fighting something that can... take over our minds, what chance do we have?"

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #482
thelightfang
Rookie

Light noticed Corsail walking over, nodding when they made eye contact.

"I thought it was going to be a more drawn out fight, but, I don't know. It happened pretty fast. Zarev suddenly leapt into battle, and when he struck Voleran, there was this weird light. Then an explosion, which threw them both away. Voleran got hit with a big sharp rock that had been on the ground, and he expelled some kind of dark shadow thing that looked to have gone off-planet... It was very strange."

Light paused to collect himself before answering the next questions.

"It seems we are headed to Voss, which is where I'd guess the next bad guy is. I didn't catch why we were headed there, but it seems important and related. About the mind control... If he was so easily able to take control of people, then why hasn't he taken control of more members of our group? I'm thinking that we are more mentally hardened than the other people who have been taken. Plus, there's Zarev, right? So there has to be a way out from under the control too."

Light paused again, before sharing his thoughts about what they would do next.

"So, it seems like we are going after something even worse than Voleran. And there are five injured members of our group. I'm sure some of us may want to stay and help the Republic HQ here. Others may need to stay for medical treatment. And some may use one or the other as an excuse to leave this mission behind. I'm assuming, but it seems like Zarev will stay for the mission. Per'dra will likely come too, because of him."

Light cleared his throat and swallowed before moving on.

"Vlalkor, Varik, and Avriela seem committed, but who can say for sure? Our most crucially injured are Kif and Traver, though I'm thinking Traver is on withdrawal. So those two might leave, along with that new Sith guy. What are you going to do?"
thelightfang is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #483
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
"Vlalkor, Varik, and Avriela seem committed, but who can say for sure? Our most crucially injured are Kif and Traver, though I'm thinking Traver is on withdrawal. So those two might leave, along with that new Sith guy. What are you going to do?"

"I have no intention of leaving, I've never left a job uncomplete, and I plan to see this one through till the end." Corsail's eyes drifted away from Light and he hesitated before continuing. "One way or another."

Letting out a brief sigh he looked back towards Light, "As for the others, I can't say, I can't really see any of them leaving besides Kif, because of his injuries, and Traver, but he hasn't exactly been all there anyway. And if I had my way i'd get rid of that Sith before he can recover back to his full strength, because honestly, he's just one more thing we have to be watching our backs for."

Corsail paused a moment and his eyes darkened. "But I guess I'm not a very good judge of character, i've spent most of my life around scum. Take what happened on Tatooine for example, I tried to kill you, Avriela, and Traver because I believed all of you were traitors, even after you aided us."

"I apologize about that, I was acting like a complete idiot and I was wrong. There are reasons why I don't trust anyone though, but I don't think you're interested in hearing about any of that."

Lets rock and role play!

Last edited by Warlord664; 03-19-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #484
thelightfang
Rookie

"I don't know about the Sith either. Avriela seems to believe in him, but who can say that he wouldn't turn and kill us all, assuming we manage to complete this mission."

Light realized that Corsail was opening up to him, as the conversation went on.
"Yeah, well, you have to do what you believe is right. And there is nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism. I think I am too much of an optimist, honestly. And at least your intentions are pretty clear. If anything, I can say that it makes me more confident that you will fulfill your role, whatever that might be."

Light heard the landing procedures begin, and, speaking a bit louder, he continued.

"I wouldn't mind hearing more, but I think we are about to arrive, and there is much to do once we land. Perhaps we can have a longer conversation when we are en route to Voss?"

The landing sequence was finished, and the ramp lowered, hitching at halfway down, before grinding noisily to full extension. "Another thing to fix..."

Last edited by thelightfang; 08-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #485
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
(OOC: Sorry for the long wait, I've had a really busy month. Let's do our best to keep this RP alive )

"I wouldn't mind hearing more, but I think we are about to arrive, and there is much to do once we land. Perhaps we can have a longer conversation when we are en route to Voss?"

Corsail nodded and stood up as the ships ramp descended, slightly flinching at the screeching noises it made.

"Another thing to fix..."

"You mean that wasn't intended?" He asked, letting some of the humor come back into his voice. Corsail looked out of ship's ramp and sighed. "Vlalkor will probably be gathering everyone up in a minute, I guess we're about to find out who's staying and leaving."

Lets rock and role play!

Last edited by Warlord664; 08-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #486
MsFicwriter

Current Game: Arcanum
Roleplayer 
Zarev's alive. I'm alive. Voleran has been defeated. Still, all is not well... These thoughts ran through her mind as she at last conquered her bouts of slipping in and out of unconsciousness. Summoning all of her willpower, she clung to the metal walls of the ship and hoisted herself to a standing position. "Hmm. My legs still work..." Stumbling for a moment, she caught her balance and looked around again. "I'm still aboard the Shan, and I have a lot of catching up to do." Gingerly, she walked toward where she thought the others were, but something sharp, a twinge of unease, still tingled in the back of her mind. "Mind control," she said a little louder, her voice a croak. "Could this...thing...have gotten me already, when I blacked out? Is it capable of possessing unconscious beings?"
MsFicwriter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #487
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Shan

"Velox is the only name I can recall. As I said before, things before my time with the sith are a blur."

Avriela smiled down at him. "Let me know if you have any memories of your time before the sith. And if you ever need someone to talk to than just let me know." She said.

"Mind control," she said a little louder, her voice a croak. "Could this...thing...have gotten me already, when I blacked out? Is it capable of possessing unconscious beings?"

Zarev slowly limped into the room after having regained consciousness. His eyes were bloodshot and he was still in very bad shape.

"He can't." Zarev muttered. "After I threw myself off the Republic HQ on Balmorra I was close enough to death that I was able to actually speak to my old Master. He told me what this thing's goal is and defenses we can use against his mind control abilities. I learned a lot about this thing including that it's very existence is causing massive disturbances in the force on planets all around the galaxy."

"That's how it gained so much strength. It caused disturbances in the force and the force users who investigated these disturbances weren't prepared for it. They fell under it's sway. It learned more and more as more fell under it's sway and thats how it became as strong as it did. With each person that fell under it's sway, it became stronger."
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #488
thelightfang
Rookie

Light walked down the ramp gingerly, unsure whether or not it would give way. He began addressing the Republic soldiers, to find out who was in charge. Once he reached the man, he told him that the ship would need repairs, and began coordinating with him as to how and when this could be accomplished.

The man in charge informed him that it would take three days, after some convincing that it was for an important mission without giving too many specifics, and, with the state of things, they would need help of the crew in order to get it done that quickly. Light volunteered, hoping to speed up the process if at all possible.

Light was ready to begin work, as he hadn't been involved in too much combat and the amount of running they had done was relatively minor. He assumed most of the others would need a day of rest, at least, in order to begin assisting with the repairs.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #489
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
"If that's true," Per'dra told Zarev, "then perhaps there's a way to starve this presence into dormancy or death through the Force. That's how it attacked us, and maybe we should give it a taste of its own medicine. The thing is, how do we even attempt to do that? It's so strong that we can barely hold up mental barriers against it. Defenses will help, most definitely, but we have to defeat whatever hounds us. The galaxy is at stake, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel sorry for anyone under its possession, whether Jedi or Sith."
Old 04-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #490
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"If that's true," Per'dra told Zarev, "then perhaps there's a way to starve this presence into dormancy or death through the Force. That's how it attacked us, and maybe we should give it a taste of its own medicine. The thing is, how do we even attempt to do that? It's so strong that we can barely hold up mental barriers against it. Defenses will help, most definitely, but we have to defeat whatever hounds us. The galaxy is at stake, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel sorry for anyone under its possession, whether Jedi or Sith."

"It's possible." Zarev said quietly. "But I personally think we should go to the source of this and end it once and for all. Whoever or whatever this thing is, it's already demonstrated that it has hostile intentions."

Avriela nodded her head in agreement. "And we've seen the power it has. It was able to corrupt a member of the Dark Council and Master Voleran with no apparent effort. We need to end this thing."

Zarev looked over at Per'dra and than over at Vlalkor. "Voleran managed to take back his mind long enough to tell us the name of a planet. Voss. I have a feeling that that is where we can end this once and for all. But for all we know whatever this thing is has already managed to corrupt the natives of Voss. We have to move carefully and quietly to avoid drawing attention to ourselves."

Zarev looked over at the assembled group.

"Are we all in agreement? We go to Voss and we finish this?"
Old 04-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #491
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
"Agreed. I, for one, am tired of worrying about whether I and the whole kriffing galaxy will be possessed or not. It's time to fight for the minds of every living being in it."
Old 04-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #492
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Corsail watched as the rest of the group assembled into the Shan's main room, curious about what was going through everyone else's minds.

Corsail nodded, "I'm going to see this mission through to the end. As for Light, he's already left the ship and began preparations, it's safe to say he's coming."

Lets rock and role play!

Old 04-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #493
thelightfang
Rookie

"I'm going to see this mission through to the end. As for Light, he's already left the ship and began preparations, it's safe to say he's coming."
Light walked back on the ship for a moment looking for more volunteers. After over hearing Corsail, he chimed in, "Yeah, and how many of you are going to help me fix up the ship? We are going to start today, so we should all get off the ship. We have a small building for our crew, so anyone who needs to rest can stay there. If you're good to get to work today, then we should get outside and get started."
Old 04-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #494
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 

By this point Varik had walked into the main hold, "Sure, I don't see why not. No one likes a quitter."

Light walked in a few seconds later, "Yeah, and how many of you are going to help me fix up the ship? We are going to start today, so we should all get off the ship. We have a small building for our crew, so anyone who needs to rest can stay there. If you're good to get to work today, then we should get outside and get started."

Varik left the main hold almost as quickly as he walked into it.

"I could stay and help fix up the ship a little bit.", he said to Light. "But eventually I'll have to head off. I'm still pretty hungry."

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #495
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Yeah, and how many of you are going to help me fix up the ship? We are going to start today, so we should all get off the ship. We have a small building for our crew, so anyone who needs to rest can stay there. If you're good to get to work today, then we should get outside and get started."

Zarev smiled weakly and was about to raise his hand to volunteer but Avriela grabbed it before he could get his hand all the way up. "You and Per'dra need to catch some sleep." She said sternly. "You both fought a Jedi Master who was not holding back. Don't worry, we can get the ship fixed up but you need to recover before we reach Voss so get in there and enter a healing trance. "

She stared at both Per'dra and Zarev and pointed at the dormitories. "Sleep. Now." She ordered.

Zarev was about to argue but he saw the look in Avriela's eyes and silently nodded. "Alright. But if there are any emergencies you'd better let me know."
Old 04-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #496
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
Per'dra smiled wanly, with bloodshot eyes, at Avriela. "Yes, Master." She winked and turned to Zarev. "Let's head to our quarters. The sooner we're refreshed, the sooner we can fight." She headed toward the women's dormitory and crawled under the stiff military bedlinens. Even though they were manufactured for utility instead of comfort, she was asleep within seconds. Absolutely naught disturbed her mind, not even dreams or visions of Voss. It was almost like being unconscious, except when she'd been in that state, she'd sensed nothing.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #497
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Zarev's face turned a bit red from the wink Per'dra gave him but otherwise showed no reaction as he turned and headed towards the dormitories that were reserved for the male population of the ship. He sighed heavily as he collapsed down on the bed and let a small grin appear on his face. He didn't care that it wasn't comfortable. He didn't even have to climb under the sheets. It was better then what he had been working with since Balmorra.

He fell asleep almost the moment he hit the bed. Even though he was tired and had no idea what was going to happen next, he didn't know if they would succeed or fail...he knew he was going to give it his all.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #498
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
"Yeah, and how many of you are going to help me fix up the ship? We are going to start today, so we should all get off the ship. We have a small building for our crew, so anyone who needs to rest can stay there. If you're good to get to work today, then we should get outside and get started."

Corsail stood up, "I can help out if you need an extra hand."

He was tired, but he still had enough energy to help with the repairs. "I've had to patch up my own ship quite a few times, so you shouldn't have to worry about me accidently blowing anything up."

Lets rock and role play!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #499
thelightfang
Rookie

Corsail stood up, "I can help out if you need an extra hand."

He was tired, but he still had enough energy to help with the repairs. "I've had to patch up my own ship quite a few times, so you shouldn't have to worry about me accidently blowing anything up."

"Okay, sounds go--, blowing anything up? Sounds like there's a story there. You'll have to tell me about it sometime. But for now, there is work to do." Light left the ship, and started getting to work on the obvious problems, if the tools were handy. Luckily, the ship already had a few people taking looks and gathering equipment, so tools weren't hard to find.

[[Should there be a time skip soon?]]
Old 05-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #500
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
((Time for a three day Time-skip. And sorry for the late post, been a bit busy))

Three days later

Shan
Taris Space Port

Zarev slowly opened his eyes and stretched his arms as he came out of his healing trance. He got to his feet and listened to to the background sounds of the Shan. The ship sounded as though it had been repaired as some of the sounds that had become normal after the damage the ship had taken were gone and the normal sounds that he had first heard when they had first taken the ship had replaced them.

Zarev grabbed his double-bladed lightsaber from off the table next to the beds and clipped it to his belt as he walked out the door into the main crew area. He stopped for a moment as he saw Corsail and Vlalkor working on a console.

"Feels good to be up and walking again." He said with a smile as he approached the two of them. "What's the status of the ship?" He asked. Vlalkor looked up at him and turned to look at the console. "Just about done. Just need to fix this up and we're done."
Old 05-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #501
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
"Feels good to be up and walking again." He said with a smile as he approached the two of them. "What's the status of the ship?"

Corsail looked up from the console he was repairing as Zarev walked in, "It's still kinda strange seeing you back on the ship again, most people don't get back up after throwing themselves of a cliff you know?"

"Just about done. Just need to fix this up and we're done."

Corsail nodded, "Yeah, the Shan was busted up pretty badly so it took longer then we should have spent here, but you and Per'dra needed the rest, so I guess it worked out for the best."

He let a brief sigh as he stood up from the one knee he had been standing on, "I know you haven't had much time to think about it while you were sleeping but, what are we going to do about our new sith friend? Will he coming with us to Voss or will he be taking his leave?"

Lets rock and role play!

Last edited by Warlord664; 05-04-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #502
thelightfang
Rookie

Light had finished up his repairs and was reviewing some of the others when he noticed a loose bolt. When he went to turn it, it clicked, and a sharp piece of metal struck the area where his head had been. Was that a trap or an accident? He wondered as he sliced of the sharp piece of metal jutting from the wall using a light saber. Then, using the force to hold it in place, he welded it over the crack in the plating where it had come from.

Shortly after, he walked back aboard the ship, noticing the conversation going on. However, he was still lost in thought and continued plodding towards the cockpit to check the systems there.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 PM   #503
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
Per'dra, after coming out of her healing trance, thought that she heard something strange - a click, a clunk, and then a few gasps. She saw Light heading toward the cockpit.

"Erm...is everything all right? How are the ship repairs coming? I'm sorry I couldn't help."

Somehow, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss, even after all they had tried to do to fix the vessel.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #504
thelightfang
Rookie

"Huh, oh yeah. Well, you know how it is. We had to make a lot of repairs, so we made some creative use of the materials we had. Plus, sometimes, I feel like some of these guys just connected things because they felt like it. We are in pretty good shape though, considering. How was your "nap" if you don't mind me asking?"

Light still needed to run a short diagnostic on the computer systems to make sure that it was all calibrated correctly, so he made a little gesture inviting Per'Dra to walk with him to the cockpit.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #505
LDR
Your Death Angel

Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Varik had finished his repairs some time ago and had since been lounging about lazily in the main hold. He thought he had heard a clank outside, and shortly thereafter saw Light and Per'dra.

"Sometimes, I feel like some of these guys just connected things because they felt like it."

Varik was aware that many of his repairs were... less than satisfactory. Indeed, his true calling was the way of the blade, not of the fusion cutter. Still, he couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Now you listen here mister.", Varik said with a smirk, pointing his finger, "I'll have you know that it generally works. Most of the time." He let out a short pause between his last two statements.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #506
thelightfang
Rookie

Light smiled sheepishly and shrugged at Varik. "Right, so that repair you made on the hull right outside your room will 'generally' work in space. I mean, if not, then it could only rip the air out of your lungs so we won't even hear you scream, right?"

Light winked at Varik, to make it more obvious that he was kidding. "And this is why we recheck all of the repairs, like the one that almost cut me down outside. Anyways, I've got a diagnostic to run in the cockpit. We can all walk and talk if you'd like."
Old 05-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #507
LDR
Your Death Angel

"Right, so that repair you made on the hull right outside your room will 'generally' work in space. I mean, if not, then it could only rip the air out of your lungs so we won't even hear you scream, right?"

Varik widened his eyes in horror as he remembered the half-attempted repair job he made near his room. He would have protested until he realized that Light was only kidding.

"You have a very morbid sense of humor.", Varik quipped. "I'm going to get nightmares thanks to you."

"And this is why we recheck all of the repairs, like the one that almost cut me down outside. Anyways, I've got a diagnostic to run in the cockpit. We can all walk and talk if you'd like."

Varik paused. "Actually, I'd like to talk to you two about something that has been bothering me for a while." He directed this to both of them, but more specifically to Per'dra. "In private, assuming there's someone in the cockpit."

He silently wondered to himself if that faulty repair he did outside was the one Light was talking about. If need be, he could probably pin the blame on Corsail. It would, after all, be quite entertaining to see the results.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #508
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
"Of course, Varik." Per'dra certainly wondered what he was talking about, but she also had an eerily uncanny sense that whatever he wished to discuss had to do with her specifically. "I don't think there'll be anyone else in the cockpit besides us. By the way, I think you've done a commendable job on ship repairs, seeing as I wasn't there to help." Not that such things are my general area of expertise, but I could have at least measured a few metal pipes and the like.

She started walking toward the Shan's cockpit, slightly uneasy. There is no emotion; there is peace...
Old 05-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #509
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Yeah, the Shan was busted up pretty badly so it took longer then we should have spent here, but you and Per'dra needed the rest, so I guess it worked out for the best."

He let a brief sigh as he stood up from the one knee he had been standing on, "I know you haven't had much time to think about it while you were sleeping but, what are we going to do about our new sith friend? Will he coming with us to Voss or will he be taking his leave?"

Zarev paused for a moment. He had honestly forgotten all about the sith that had come after Avriela. "I don't know. Whatever Avriela said to him seems to have kept him from killing her and the rest of us. His ship was destroyed back on Taris so I think we'll let him come as far as Voss. Once there, he can either go to the imperial forces stationed there there or he can continue to travel with us."

He shrugged. "Everyone deserves a chance at redemption Corsail. If he chooses to take it than that is his choice."

He looked around at the Shan and turned to look back at Corsail again. "How long do you think before we can take off?"
Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #510
thelightfang
Rookie

"You should see some of his repairs first. Haha." Light was in a good mood. It had been far too long since he last worked on a ship seriously.

However, Light was curious about what it could be that Varik wished to speak about and set off for the cockpit. There was a technician there, trying to start the diagnostic Light had been on his way to run. "I've got this. Why don't you take a little break?" The tech just nodded and left as Per'Dra and Varik walked into the cockpit. Light quickly started the diagnostic, and, remembering what he had been curious about, turned to his two companions.

"So, what is it we are talking about here? And why do I get the feeling that both of you know more about it than me?"
Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #511
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
"I don't know. Whatever Avriela said to him seems to have kept him from killing her and the rest of us. His ship was destroyed back on Taris so I think we'll let him come as far as Voss. Once there, he can either go to the imperial forces stationed there there or he can continue to travel with us."

Hearing the answer he expected, Corsail nodded. "Of course he could just be biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment to betray us."

"Everyone deserves a chance at redemption Corsail. If he chooses to take it than that is his choice."

Corsail didn't feel comfortable at all with Velox aboard and wanted to object further, but he made himself slowly nod again. "Just be cautious. I imagine where we're going will be dangerous enough with out having to watch our backs from one of our own."

"How long do you think before we can take off?"

Corsail glanced at the console he had been working on earlier. "Me and Vlalkor were basically just finishing up, we can leave whenever you're ready." He paused, then smiled, "Unless of course you think the Shan needs a new paint job?"

Lets rock and role play!

Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #512
LDR
Your Death Angel

"So, what is it we are talking about here? And why do I get the feeling that both of you know more about it than me?"

"I suppose I never really apologized for the whole incident on Tatooine.", Varik began. "You both need to know the whole story. I don't feel I trust anyone else with this, especially given the demeanor of some people here."

He paused, and decided to answer Light's question.

"Per'dra.", he said, looking over to her. "Have you ever been to Korriban before?"

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #513
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
Per'dra shuddered inwardly. She felt as if her insides had suddenly turned to liquid. "Indeed I have. I was on a quest there with a Trandoshan ally named Qyzen Fess, in order to try and defeat a pureblooded Sith named Pfon Urazhai. He sought the knowledge of the late Sith Lord Marka Ragnos, and Qyzen and I could not allow him to obtain it. Unfortunately, after our duel, Urazhai was literally consumed by the Dark Lords' spirits. His body was...vaporized..."

She took a hard swallow. "I am glad to be off of that sinister world. However, something tells me that I have unfinished business with Korriban."
Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #514
LDR
Your Death Angel

"Pfon?", Varik blinked. "I heard passing mentions of him when I was on Korriban. He must have been long dead by the time I got there."

"I am glad to be off of that sinister world. However, something tells me that I have unfinished business with Korriban."

Varik felt the same way. "Indeed. Once I see this mission through, I plan on returning to Korriban to vanquish Hord's spirit for good."

He paused, and sat down.

"Anyways, I ended up on Korriban; not by choice, mind you. During the Battle of Haeedon I... made a grave tactical error, that resulted in most of the fleet getting destroyed and my own ship getting boarded. I dueled some guy named Darth Atrion. It was the only duel I ever lost."

He gave a slight chuckle. "I always said I was never a particularly good field commander."

"So anyways, I was a prisoner and ended up on Korriban. While there, I gave them the impression that they 'broke' me, and I ended up as a student at the academy.", he paused, clearing his voice. "The best way to defeat your enemy is to know how they fight, and use it against them. I was determined to find Tulak Hord's holocron, since he was a quite renowned lightsaber master, and I had previously learned about him while I was on Tython. His tomb just so happened to be in the Valley of the Dark Lords. Talk about luck, eh?"

"That particular tomb was an absolute nightmare to get through. I knew I was taking a risk, but I didn't know how large that risk was until I found his holocron.", he paused again, trying to recollect himself. "Because before he died, Tulak Hord transferred his spirit into the holocron, and to an extension - his sword. When I tried to use it, it was for naught. I learned little, was mocked, and then my mind was forcefully entered. I had a, what do you call it? A battle of the wills. I won, but just barely. There was enough of him lingering about to still cause a nuisance, and then it reached its peak on Tatooine."

"So long story short, I looked for a way to destroy my enemy and almost got destroyed myself.", he concluded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-08-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #515
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
Per'dra let out a long, slow, and world-weary sigh. "That means we might be up against a presence we can't defeat, but I won't allow myself to think that way. For what you've endured, I'm sorry in a way that only one who knows can be. I thought I was going to die in my duel with Pfon Urazhai, and the Force alone holds the answer to the mystery of why I didn't. It has a plan for us, and at this point, each one of us has to choose whether to go along with it or jump ship and head back to Nar Shaddaa or some such place to forget everything. I plan to see this through, even at the cost of my own life. That's why I became a Jedi. I knew that sacrifice might be necessary, and the risks tremendous."
Old 05-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #516
thelightfang
Rookie

Light was a bit out of his depth on this. Of the few times where he had had a battle of wills with someone, they were usual corporeal. However, he had helped with Varik's fight,and the discussion made a couple of things make sense and gave him an idea. "Well, if it comes down to us not being able to defeat it, one of us could try to trap all of it inside. They would need help, but it would allow us to keep it contained with a minimal amount of losses, assuming it works. I hate to think of what it would do to that individual, or what we might have to do to them for the fate of the galaxy, but it's the only worst case scenario plan that I can think of. Any other ideas?"
Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #517
MsFicwriter

Roleplayer 
"Not at this point," Per'dra said softly. "I will assist in any way I can, if..."

If I don't volunteer. The possibility suddenly made her go cold and shiver. Could she really do it? Was she strong enough? She had not been possessed by the Presence as of yet, but what would it do to her if it caught hold?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #518
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Me and Vlalkor were basically just finishing up, we can leave whenever you're ready." He paused, then smiled, "Unless of course you think the Shan needs a new paint job?"

Zarev grinned. "No. I think we're good. The sooner we get to Voss, the sooner we can end this threat once and for all." He said as he headed for the Shan's engine room to give it one last look over.

As he arrived in the Engine room, he looked over the engines and the other equipment and the smile faded from his face for a moment. What would happen to him after this mission?

I was corrupted by whatever this thing is...he thought. I fell in love with Per'dra and I threw myself off a cliff. I have no doubt that there will be consequences for my actions. But as long as I can protect Per'dra and the others I will accept whatever judgment the council places on me.

He quietly continued looking over the engines as he continued to think of what he had done.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #519
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Corsail remained silent as Zarev left the room. If we survive this, what will I do when this is over?

Corsail sighed to himself and turned to Vlalkor, "The ship may be ready, but do you think it's crew is? I can't help but feel that we're going to be facing something we won't have the power to stop."

Lets rock and role play!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #520
LDR
Your Death Angel

"Well, if it comes down to us not being able to defeat it, one of us could try to trap all of it inside. They would need help, but it would allow us to keep it contained with a minimal amount of losses, assuming it works. I hate to think of what it would do to that individual, or what we might have to do to them for the fate of the galaxy, but it's the only worst case scenario plan that I can think of. Any other ideas?"

Varik gulped for a moment. It did seem like a horrific scenario. Besides, if they were barely able to ward off Tulak Hord, what chance would they have against this entity? Maybe that's what it wants us to think.

"What if we're overthinking it? What if it just wants us to fear it?"

Varik paused for a moment, thinking carefully.

"Maybe it's not as powerful as it's made out to be."

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: The Darkness Within