lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Man of Steel
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

I saw it day before release I was so excited for it. I thought it was very good, but it still didn't really meet my expectations, it was good, just seemed to be missing something that I can't put my finger on

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #42
HED
Rookie

I think it might've been a decent film, if not for the fact that it was supposed to be superhero film, and specifically a Superman film. It felt more like a generic sci-fi film dressed up in Superman costumes.

"HOW CAN YU TRET MEH LIKE DAT"
HED is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #43
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HED View Post
I think it might've been a decent film, if not for the fact that it was supposed to be superhero film, and specifically a Superman film. It felt more like a generic sci-fi film dressed up in Superman costumes.
I agree to a point, I wasn't expecting that much cgi and in fact it put me off guard, I can live with that though. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't feel like that's what Superman supposed to look like.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #44
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
There was some un-Superman like conduct in there...there's still hope for an alternate universe to appear and Kal-el becomes Overman of the Third Reich...

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #45
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Ben Affleck will be the new Batman

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne," Snyder said in a statement. "I can't wait to work with him."

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #46
HED
Rookie

I'd rather he be the director than an actor. His acting track-record is uneven, but his directorial one is stellar.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #47
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I'd rather he be the director than an actor. His acting track-record is uneven, but his directorial one is stellar.
I agree that he's a better director than actor, but his latest acting performances have been good enough to make me not worried. I guess half the internet is still stuck on his Daredevil role while completely ignoring who directed it and how much has Affleck evolved since then...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.

Last edited by Alexrd; 08-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #48
HED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I agree that he's a better director than actor, but his latest acting performances have been good enough to make me not worried. I guess half the internet is still stuck on his Daredevil role while completely ignoring who directed it and how much has Affleck evolved since then...
I'm not very worried about Affleck's acting so much as I'm concerned with Zac Snyder's continued directing of the DCCU. Affleck directing would be doubly good because not only would the film get a great director but it'd lose a mediocre one.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #49
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
This is literally the first thing that came to my mind. I watched Argo; Affleck would make a great Batman director. Batman himself? Ehhh, but he could pull it off.

/wanted javier bardem to be batman

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #50
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

I personally don't have any qualms about Affleck being batman. I think at this point, the hatred towards him only propagates because its become fashionable/a meme. In other words, it has no valid basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post

/wanted javier bardem to be batman

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #51
HED
Rookie

"Jaimie Alexander Has Been Talking To WB About Batman Vs. Superman"

The popular assumption is that WB wants to put a Wonder Woman cameo in the movie (though the role could just as easily be Mercy Graves or something).

Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #52
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
I saw it day before release I was so excited for it. I thought it was very good, but it still didn't really meet my expectations, it was good, just seemed to be missing something that I can't put my finger on
Yeah pretty much this.

One thing that really retracted from the experience for me was the lackluster soundtrack... take it from me as a huge Zimmer fan, it didn't have the recognizable heroic theme it needed - I wonder what John Williams would have conjured had he scored it. Anyway, I'd say this badass chick right here was one of the highlights of the movie for me:

Show spoiler

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #53
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
Yeah pretty much this.

One thing that really retracted from the experience for me was the lackluster soundtrack... take it from me as a huge Zimmer fan, it didn't have the recognizable heroic theme it needed
I believe the hero theme was the one that starts with the credits.

But the soundtrack was, to me, one of the best things about the movie. Themes like the one where Jor-El flies to get the Codex, the one from Zod's trial and the theme that plays when Lois is rescued are probably my favourites.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #54
HED
Rookie

Hans Zimmer is rarely bad, though he can sometimes be a bit generic. Probably comes from him doing so many movies. Zimmer is becoming the go-to superhero guy now, he's going to score Amazing Spider-Man 2 and no doubt Superman/Batman too.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Man of Steel