lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sad truth about growing up
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Sad truth about growing up

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure a lot of you have experienced the same thing. I don't want to sound spoiled, just sharing an old moment in my life.

You're young, living at home, with minimal responsibilities. Your parents or another relative purchases you a video game system and a couple games. Since you don't have much to worry about you can sit around and enjoy these games all day. However once they are beaten, you have no more games and not many more will be purchased for you since they aren't cheap.

Next thing you know you are old enough to work so you score your first job. This job is most likely minimum wage, but since you still live at home it's like having a career. You will have a few important things where money needs to be spent, but at the end of the day you will have a lot extra. So you go and purchase several games, maybe even a different system with games for it as well. Then you get home and realize: I have to study, I have practice, I have a social life, I have class in the morning, then work right after. You can finally afford all of the games your heart desires, but you have no time to play them!

Good quote (not exact) that sums this up: "The more money you earn to play games, the less time you get to play them."
- Possibly said by InsaneSith

Another thing I like said by The Doctor:
When you're young you have time and energy, but no money.
When you're an adult you have money and energy, but no time.
When you're old you have time and money, but no energy.

Last edited by Sith Sizzle; 08-29-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Sad truth about growing up