lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Carth's rank in the Republic?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
evilhazardz
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Carth's rank in the Republic?

I know that Carth was promoted to an Admiral in the second game, but is it ever mentioned what rank he was as the time of him being on board the Endar Spire?

He's referred to as a republic soldier a few times, but I think that shouldn't be taken at face value, considering there may be higher ranks like officer/lieutenant who could also be considered soldiers.

BTW, if is wondering why I'm asking this question that seems so minuscule, it's because I'm going to have a go at a little bit of nostalgia, via KotOR. Maybe I am a little OTT when it comes to things like this, but I would like to know which Republic suit I should give him to replace that hideous orange flight jacket that he wears.

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere
evilhazardz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
NoIdeaWhatImDoing
Lurker

He's referred to as a Commander if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if that's his actual rank or just an acknowledgment that he's commanding everyone on board, but Wookiepedia seems to think it's his rank.

Quote:
In 3,956 BBY, it was assigned to Jedi Knight Bastila Shan and crewed by, among others, veteran commander Carth Onasi, Ensign Trask Ulgo, Revan, and several Republic soldiers.
Commander is linked to a page about the rank of commander.
NoIdeaWhatImDoing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Fastmaniac
Rookie

Hmm, that's weird. I can't spot that part in the wiki about Carth on Wookiepedia. Instead I found this:

Quote:
In 3,964 BBY, he served aboard the Inexpugnable-class tactical command ship Courageous as a helmsman and was promoted to Lieutenant.
[...]
Onasi eventually found himself on board the Endar Spire as mostly an advisor, carrying Bastila Shan, a Jedi whose abilities were vital to the success of the war effort.
And that's where the story of KoTOR sets in.

Quote:
For his part in the defeat of the Sith forces, Onasi (along with Revan and the rest of his companions) was awarded the Cross of Glory.
[...]
Some time after playing a part in the Battle of Rakata Prime, Onasi was made an Admiral in the Republic Navy.
And that's it. Nothing more said about his rank.
Source: Link

HK-47: "Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine..."
Revan: "Maybe later..."
HK-47: "Did you hear that meatbag? I'LL BE BACK!"

My WIP: Recruit Lokana
Fastmaniac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
He must have been a General, or the rank just below Admiral.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
NoIdeaWhatImDoing
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmaniac View Post
Hmm, that's weird. I can't spot that part in the wiki about Carth on Wookiepedia.
I was on the Endar Spire page, not Carth's. His may be better researched, though.
NoIdeaWhatImDoing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I believe he was a Captain in the KOTOR comics, which happened before the events of the game during the Mandalorian Wars. Commander is what I remember him being.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Carth's rank in the Republic?