lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Achilles' TSL Robe Mod v3.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #41
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Figure Force Armor gives you +6, Force Speed gives you +4, Battle Precognition tacks your WIS modifier on there too...
Thats upgraded though isn't it? I haven't actually played in game - still waiting for TG to finish before I play TSL again....

Quote:
hehe, when I play, Mandalore, Bao-Dur, and Handmaiden are the only ones allowed to wear armor, no one dual wields, and jedi are only permitted one crystal in their lightsaber at a time.
I'm aware of the broken engine, but I wish lightsabers would chew through annoying animals in one - but generally I don't restrict myself, I play more for the story than anything else...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #42
Isley
Rookie

Quote:
Yep, even said so in the readme
Oops, my fault for not reading thoroughly then.

Quote:
No, I'm only saying that another possibility is that you've installed a mod that permanently modifies the module (usually contains a .mod file that will go in the module folder rather than override).
Hmm... The only installed mod that modified modules is the Peragus & Harbinger Issues mod, and I doubt it added a Jedi Clothing and a secret panel in the Ebon Hawk.

This is all so messed up...
Isley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #43
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isley View Post
Oops, my fault for not reading thoroughly then.

Hmm... The only installed mod that modified modules is the Peragus & Harbinger Issues mod, and I doubt it added a Jedi Clothing and a secret panel in the Ebon Hawk.

This is all so messed up...
Delete your override, and check in the modules folder for any files that windows media player thinks it can read, and delete then, then create a new folder called override.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 09-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #44
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Thats upgraded though isn't it? I haven't actually played in game - still waiting for TG to finish before I play TSL again....
Err...those are force powers.

Quote:
I'm aware of the broken engine, but I wish lightsabers would chew through annoying animals in one - but generally I don't restrict myself, I play more for the story than anything else...
I try to play the characters realistically. Jedi are supposed to rely on the Force, so my Jedi rarely carry anything other than their robes and a lightsaber (I use implants when I play DS). Mira doesn't use weapons on anything other than droids or creatures (rockets on droids, darts on creatures). Kreia doesn't use a lightsaber. Et cetera, et cetera.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #45
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Err...those are force powers.
Sorry, mis-read, I'm tired - clearly insomnia doesn't mean my body doesn't need sleep, it just doesn't seem to want it.

Quote:
I try to play the characters realistically. Jedi are supposed to rely on the Force, so my Jedi rarely carry anything other than their robes and a lightsaber (I use implants when I play DS). Mira doesn't use weapons on anything other than droids or creatures (rockets on droids, darts on creatures). Kreia doesn't use a lightsaber. Et cetera, et cetera.
Cool beans - depends on the implant as to if I'll use it - if its defensive yes, attacking... no. Kreia carries a lightsaber, but rarely uses it, normally have her in a Jedi Support role.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #46
Isley
Rookie

Quote:
Delete your override, then create a new folder called override.
Uninstalling / reinstalling the game pretty much did it for me, wouldn't it be pointless ?

Quote:
and check in the modules folder for any files that windows media player thinks it can read, and delete then
I don't see any, only .rim's and .erf's in there.

I re-checked Visas' meditation room- er, I mean the starboard dormitory and the secret panel is gone...

I swear there's a gremlin messing with me on this ship
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #47
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Uninstalling / reinstalling the game pretty much did it for me, wouldn't it be pointless ?
IIRC - Un-installation doesn't remove the Override - hence a manual delete is required - normally I just delete the whole KotOR2 folder left over and start from scrath, thus solving such problems...

Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #48
Isley
Rookie

Quote:
IIRC - Un-installation doesn't remove the Override - hence a manual delete is required - normally I just delete the whole KotOR2 folder left over and start from scrath, thus solving such problems...
Oh yeah don't worry I did that. Actually I wiped out the whole folder except for the Saves one.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it's not like it's a game breaking issue, there were enough of those without mods though.

I guess we better close the matter since my issue is solved. Just let me congratulate Achilles once more for his amazing work, those tunics are awesome.

By the way Achilles, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions by PM about some other mods you made?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #49
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Just let me congratulate Achilles once more for his amazing work, those tunics are awesome.
Credit for the tunics belongs to 90SK. He was nice enough to let me use his work in my mod.

Quote:
By the way Achilles, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions by PM about some other mods you made?
Not at all.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #50
Rachel_Ewok

Current Game: Bioshock! =3
This would probably conflict with any robe reskins that I have made right? That seems to be what is happening to people I gathered.

So Achilles your robes completely *replace* the old robes, or can you just cheat for them?

Also, they all look gorgeous, but if they replace the files, I don't know if I'd want to download this. (I like my reskins too. Even though yours are ∞ better than mine. )

This siggy is about truth, beauty, freedom, and above all things love.
Rachel_Ewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #51
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Yes, it will conflict with any other robe mod you have, barring a robe mod that statically places robes designated as a_robe_20 and/or a_robe_22 - 98.

You can cheat for them, just as you could cheat for any other robe in the game, though you'd get my robe, not the game's robe.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #52
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Special Thanks to the following individuals:

90SK for the gracious use of his tunics.
Darth Moeller for making the fantastic tabbards.
Jaktu for introducing me to d20 snobbery.
Jonathan7 for his steadfast packaging of this mod for distribution.
mimartin for his diligent assistance with beta testing.
Oldflash for giving me the belt idea.
stoffe for creating the stupendous tool, tslpatcher.
svösh for his original robe collar models, which inspired this mod.
tk102 for his amazing K-GFF utility, which came in very handy indeed.

And finally, Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool, without which this mod would not be possible.
That's a great example of the friendly collaboration that goes on here at LucasForums . The results look fantastic, and I really enjoy the attention to little details. The old tunic overlaps always bothered me (for both games), and the different belt buckles are superb.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #53
The Genius
Rookie

Quote:
Now one question I have after playing : I'm guessing the Cutscene Tunic is meant solely for the trial flashback on Coruscant, so am I supposed to receive it when entering the hidden academy on Telos? Because I did.
I just had this happen while my PC was talking to Atris. One moment he;s wearing Sith Robes, then he was wearing some kind of armor. In my inventory I now have 'Cutscene Tunic'.

I don't have SFB installed but I do have USM and a few others installed. No other robes mods though.
The Genius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #54
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

SFB?

This mod wasn't tested for capability with any other mods. What happens when you run the cutscene without any other mods installed?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #55
Cyberevan
Rookie

This is a great mod. The only thing I'm slightly weirded out by is that in your Tunic picture Handmaiden has as big as a bulge as Atton and the PC. Other than that good work!
Cyberevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #56
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

The model is the model. Thank Obsidian.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #57
The Genius
Rookie

Quote:
SFB?

This mod wasn't tested for capability with any other mods. What happens when you run the cutscene without any other mods installed?
Slender Female Body mod.

I do have the slender male body mod installed and my pc is male however. I haven't tested the cutscene since and I've decided not to worry too much about it.

If you want to install multiple mods, you have to put up with a few bugs.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #58
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Slender Female Body mod.

I do have the slender male body mod installed and my pc is male however. I haven't tested the cutscene since and I've decided not to worry too much about it.

If you want to install multiple mods, you have to put up with a few bugs.
Depends how good you are at installing the mods actually

Achilles mod, edits the models, so any other mod that edits the Jedi Robe model will conflict with this, though I think Svosh's Jedi Robe fix, will work with this and vice-versa

Old 12-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #59
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Achilles mod, edits the models, so any other mod that edits the Jedi Robe model will conflict with this, though I think Svosh's Jedi Robe fix, will work with this and vice-versa
It should mostly work. The collar may or may not be off and if it is, I don't know if it will be by a noticeable amount. The rear flap of the under-tunic will probably be off, but unless you are really, REALLY looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice. And finally, the food pellet containers (the metal thingies on the belt) may or may be noticeably "off" as well.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #60
The Genius
Rookie

Quote:
Depends how good you are at installing the mods actually

You're probably right. I know this doesn't work with Final Touch for instance but didn't know that there was a compatibility issue with USM.

Aside from that, I don't have any mods that do anything with the robes so I figured everything should have been fine on that side of things.

I'm going to replay this game with minimal mods installed. We'll see if there's any issues.

EDIT: I was using Playable Dopak. As there are some clothing changes and the like, this might have been a cause.

Last edited by The Genius; 12-30-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #61
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

I'm looking for a volunteer who is familiar/comfortable with TSLPatcher to assist with a TSLRCM-friendly re-release of this mod. If you're interested, please PM me.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #62
Phildevil

That would be an instant download for me.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #63
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

The TSLRCM edition can now be found at Deadly Stream
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Achilles' TSL Robe Mod v3.0