lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bodies Stay
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Bodies Stay

Here is the K1 version of the mod, for those who are interested.

From the Readme:

Quote:
AUTHORS: SpaceAlex and jonathan7
EMAIL: contact via release thread at www.lucasforums.com- KotOR section
NAME: Bodies Stay (for K1)
VERSION: 1.0
CREDITS: Fred Tetra, stoffe
FILENAME: Bodies_Stay_K1.zip
FILE SIZE: Around 1MB Unzipped
DATE RELEASED: 06/02/2009

DESCRIPTION: This mod stops bodies from fading away. They will only disappear if you leave the module or load a savegame after killing a bunch of enemies.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Just click on “Install Mod” and select a folder in which KOTOR I is installed (not the Override folder).

COMMENTS: This mod most likely requires a good PC to keep the game running smoothly, but since corpses are static objects (means they don't require any processing power), all that you'll probably need is a graphic card that's less than 3 years old.

BUGS: There should be none, but if you happen to run into a corpse that *should* fade away (like the Terantanak) immediately after you "extract" the soul from it but does not, contact either myself or jonathan7.

PERMISSIONS: This mod is not to be used elsewhere – I fail to see a reason why it would be included elsewhere.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
Download from Kotor Files

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Good work my friend, brilliant find that .2da edit! Put's you up there with the greats of the community I think.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
It won't work for me. I select the appropriate file, but it fails to modify any lines at all. Could you please re-release this mod in the standard patcher format so that it will automatically install by clicking on the directory of the game? It'll make things easier, I feel.

I can get Jonathan7's version to install, but I can't seem work yours out. And I'm doing everything correctly, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
It won't work for me. I select the appropriate file, but it fails to modify any lines at all. Could you please re-release this mod in the standard patcher format so that it will automatically install by clicking on the directory of the game? It'll make things easier, I feel.

I can get Jonathan7's version to install, but I can't seem work yours out. And I'm doing everything correctly, too.
It worked fine for me, (just tested it) did you take the patcher out of the file compressed mode before trying to install, and did you only take it to the /swkotor extension, as that's where it needs to go. It's strange :s

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 02-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Uh, I did the former but not the latter. Let's see if that works...

Edit: Nope, still ain't workin'.

You need to put the unzipped mod folder in the directory where the game is installed is what you're saying, right? (My directory happens to be custom-named.) Ordinarily I keep all my mods into one big "mods" folder, but I just now put it in the top directory along with the game since that what I think you're telling me to do. Am I right?

Still no luck, regardless.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 02-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Oh, um, actually nevermind. I'm getting the threads mixed up. This one does work; it's the one for TSL that won't work. I'll post my questions in the other thread.

Sorry about that.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Click Me - As KotOR Files, is now pretty much defunct I've uploaded the mod to Deadly Stream.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Bodies Stay