lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Are there any major bugs?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Question Are there any major bugs?

I have beaten KotOR plenty of times, but haven't played TSL in forever and am going to start soon! I have heard there are some game breaking/stopping bugs in it that I am really hoping to avoid. I don't know if they are in the newest version or if they were removed in a patch, but if anyone knows the major bugs to look out for please let me know!

Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
There are many bugs in this game. I have a few suggestions to minimize any issues you could encounter.

Before You Install The Game

I suggest perusing The Work Bench for possible bugs that may or may not encounter during the game. You should know what you might expect in the game concerning bugs. Reading through this section is easiest way to learn all about them.

Installation

If you're using the original discs (not the KOTOR Collection version or Steam), have to set yourself up for success by using a good installation method? Check out this thread if you haven't put it back on to your system yet. It's information from here and Deadly Stream that I compiled from posts by RenegadeSniper7, Astrotoy, Q, and alinadem. (Credit goes to them for the information, blame goes to me for making the list.)

After the Recommended Installation

You've previously mentioned TSLRCM in another thread. That mod does have bug fixes in it. Make sure you're always using the latest version (currently that's 1.8.2.) and downloading either from Deadly Stream or MODDB.com. It doesn't fix everything but it certainly helps.

Go in the TSL experience knowing that you may encounter hiccups so you can less any (possible) disappointment.

Finally, enjoy the game!

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Okay I'll check out The Work Bench for any possible bugs thanks, and I have already installed the game. It's the original with multiple install discs, but unlike KotOR (Best of PC), TSL runs without all of the changes I had to make for KotOR to run on Windows 7. However it can't hurt to run it in Compatibility Mode and if I have any other problems down the road I will check out that thread. I do have TSLRCM 1.8.2 installed as well as M4-78EP, so I'm glad to hear that it has some bug fixes. Thanks for the help and I will!

Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Are there any major bugs?