lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Star Wars-Themed Headphones
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
New Star Wars-Themed Headphones

As you may or may not know, I'm a huge 50 Cent fan, so I always follow news about him, and I just came across this today:

Quote:
50 Cent has teamed up with Lucasfilm to release a series of Star Wars-themed headphones. Based on 50's existing Street design, the new line includes Stormtrooper, Rebel Alliance, Boba Fett and Imperial editions.
As an owner of the original SMS Audio headphones, I can safely say that they're some of the best sounding headphones I've ever owned. You will be paying for the premium that is high-quality, vanity headphones, so these look like they'll run you $200 (which is really expensive, and I get that). Either way, I thought it was pretty cool!

Original story:http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/07/s...=rss_truncated

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
Isaac Clarke

They look good, and that's about it. For $200, SMS deliver below par sound quality.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I want a Yoda version.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I've been to DJ supply houses and have worked as a sound guy in amateur video production. I'm going to say that although those look sweet, their performance may not have it where it counts.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Isaac Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I've been to DJ supply houses and have worked as a sound guy in amateur video production. I'm going to say that although those look sweet, their performance may not have it where it counts.
+1. Anyone who knows what they're talking about will not recommend any of these celebrity-endorsed headphones. (Excluding the V-MODA M-80, if you can even call them "celebrity-endorsed").
Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
They look good, and that's about it. For $200, SMS deliver below par sound quality.
I've found that the SMS headphones that I own deliver some of the best sound out of the other headphones that I've tried. They do a fantastic job of making sure that the mid-range doesn't get muddied with an overwhelming job, and I love the balance overall. I'm sure that there's some science behind all this to tell me that I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed anything really lacking from them to this point - and I've tried a fair number of high-end sets before.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
Isaac Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
I've found that the SMS headphones that I own deliver some of the best sound out of the other headphones that I've tried. They do a fantastic job of making sure that the mid-range doesn't get muddied with an overwhelming job, and I love the balance overall. I'm sure that there's some science behind all this to tell me that I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed anything really lacking from them to this point - and I've tried a fair number of high-end sets before.
Trust me, once you put on a good, adequately amped set of DT990's on, you'll change your mind.

Also, did the
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
high-end sets
include any truly hi-fi headphones, like the Denon AH-D5000, the Sennheiser HD650, or the Beyerynamic T90?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > New Star Wars-Themed Headphones