I'm suprised this isn't getting a news post on Mojo, as I'd say the first game felt more like a LucasArts adventure than any adventure game I've played in recent years.
KING Art is finally following up the original "The Book of Unwritten Tales" and it's mini prequel "The Critter Chronicles" with a fully-fledged sequel. And although the game is already funded and in production, they are still having a Kickstarter to "upgrade" the game with better graphics, more puzzles, a live orchestra soundtrack, etc.
In our humble opinion, these are the key ingredients for a great BoUT2 game:
- A fantasy adventure story with about 20 hours of pointing and clicking
- The trademark BoUT-humor, lovingly spoofing WoW, LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, D&D, The Hobbit and many more
- Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles and our well-proven "Multi-Character-Gameplay"
- The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo und Critter
- Numerous beautiful locations, improved through today's computer alchemy - and your pledge! (see Goals - Projection Mapping)
- An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and hot off the drawing board
- An epic soundtrack with many new compositions
The funding goal of $65K has already been met, as has the first stretch goal at $95K (optional sidequest puzzles and costumes). I REALLY hope they'll meet at least the first "orchestra" stretch goal, as I really liked the first game's soundtrack.