lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [K1] Update to my Revan's Robe mod (in need of assistance)
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Drizen
Rookie

[K1] Update to my Revan's Robe mod [issues solved]

So I made an update to my Revan's Robe mod that everyone helped me with here a long time ago, which you can check out at this link for reference: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...es_Fixed;85122

The 1.1 update I'm planning on releasing for it so far completely rewrites the datapad with a more in-depth story and removes the dark side requirement from the robes, but before I release it, I decided I'd like to make some more extensive modifications to it if I could, so I thought I'd check in here for some more help with accomplishing that first.

The way I currently have the item set up is that you simply equip Revan's robes and it puts on a disguise modification that completely replaces your PC model with Revan's cutscene robes. This configuration works well enough, but what I'd really like to do is create two separate items--the robes and the mask respectively--which would allow the player to also wear the robes without the mask if they so please. There are two possibilities I thought of as to how I might implement this:

1.) (Ideal solution) Have a script that only sets the disguise as Revan's "complete" robes when it detects that the player has both the mask and robes equipped.
2.) Put the disguise property on the mask instead of the robes, but set a limitation property on the mask such that it will only allow you to equip it in your inventory if you already have the robes equipped.

I would be fine with either of these solutions if someone could help point me in the right direction with how I might achieve this. I suspect that I might be dealing with some scripting or editing 2DA files here. I'd also like to note that I do not want to overwrite any pre-existing items in the game to achieve any of this if at all possible.

As an even further bonus (though this is not really necessary), I was also thinking of including the cape animation fix that was provided a while back in another mod. The problem is the model from that mod has missing shader and lighting effects from the original cutscene model, which means in order to correct this I'm guessing I would again need to do either 1 of 2 things:

1.) Extract the animations from that model and apply them to my own.
or
2.) Re-apply the lighting effects to his model instead.

Whichever method is easier works for me, as the result should be the same. But if anyone has ideas that could help me with achieving any of this, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not really sure where to begin on the implementation of any of this.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Drizen; 04-26-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: modify title
Drizen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [K1] Update to my Revan's Robe mod (in need of assistance)