Thread: New playable species?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
Ser'eck

New playable species?

Does any one know if they are planning on making more playable races, or are they keeping a tight lid on all of that?

I really would like to play as a Kel Dor!
Ser'eck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I haven't heard any rumors of new playable species, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. If they do add species, I'd imagine they'd add some that they already have a lot of models of (due ease of transition/lower cost). I'd think the Voss would be a good candidate for that.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Notable contributor LF Jester 
I'd rather a new class than a new species at this point... a pilot class for the republic and a droid class for the empire... which would bring with it a new species, exclusive to the droid class... since they're droids lol.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

New classes would be awesome, but even more unlikely because of the cost. New story, new dialogue, new voice actors, etc.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Notable contributor LF Jester 
Sure, if at some point you expect EA/BioWare to put swtor to bed, because the only thing they're really doing these days is making elder game content and piles and piles of cartel shop related stuff, which is fine, but at some point that kind of thing is going to cause a lot of players to fall out of activity in the game and only leaving the people who care about raiding and hardcore pvp in the game... and that's not good, that's not a successful mmo because it's only catering to a limited range of the possible audience base that could be attracted to the game. Not everyone wants to raid and do hardcore pvp.

It will cost more money to produce, but at some point they'd need to revitalise the younger game content instead of adding continuous amounts of elder game content to get people back to the earlier parts of the game and possibly attracting new people who like the idea of playing a class story as a pilot in the star wars universe. It would also do a lot to open up new gameplay options for PvE and PVP, etc.

That's why I want it more than a new species, a new species is purely cosmetic and does nothing to further my enjoyment of the game. A new class would have be investing way more time into the game and therefore getting me to put more money towards playing the game.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > New playable species?