lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OSX Mavericks & Kotor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
peacockharris
Lurker

OSX Mavericks & Kotor

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem. I've installed the Steam version of Kotor on my new iMac which runs on OSX Mavericks, and for some reason mods dropped into the override folder have absolutely no effect. For instance, a PMHC01 head replacement I have always used has been placed in my override folder. Yet PMHC01 still has his usual face!

Furthermore, I tried bringing up the cheat console (after adding a line to the .ini file in the usual fashion) and nothing happens when I press the ~ key.

Both these functions have always worked in OSX before (this can be verified online) yet they aren't working now. Can anyone help?
peacockharris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
peacockharris
Lurker

Right, I've actually stumbled on a solution to both issues, so to save other people the bother, I'm going to outline my findings.

This issue is actually down to there being override folders and swkotor.ini files in duplicate locations due to some quirk with how steam downloads the game (replacing the swkotor exe with an OSX app file)

With the swkotor.ini file, rather than being in the game folder in 'Steam apps', it's actually located in its own folder at:
'your username'/Libaries/Application Support/ Knights of the Old Republic

When it comes to the override folder, you need to ignore the first override folder you see (in the game folder) and instead, right click on the 'Knights of the Old Republic' app file and select 'Show Package contents'.

This app file has its own file structure within it which includes the actual override folder, making the 'leftover' ones in the main folder completely redundant it seems.

Hope this helps others in future!
peacockharris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
[DK]Night_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockharris View Post
Right, I've actually stumbled on a solution to both issues, so to save other people the bother, I'm going to outline my findings.

This issue is actually down to there being override folders and swkotor.ini files in duplicate locations due to some quirk with how steam downloads the game (replacing the swkotor exe with an OSX app file)

With the swkotor.ini file, rather than being in the game folder in 'Steam apps', it's actually located in its own folder at:
'your username'/Libaries/Application Support/ Knights of the Old Republic

When it comes to the override folder, you need to ignore the first override folder you see (in the game folder) and instead, right click on the 'Knights of the Old Republic' app file and select 'Show Package contents'.

This app file has its own file structure within it which includes the actual override folder, making the 'leftover' ones in the main folder completely redundant it seems.

Hope this helps others in future!
Please HELP! I just downloaded the game from the App Store, and I'm trying to move my saved files from another Mac to a Macbook, but I cant find where.

Ive tried Library/Application Support but there is no "Knights of the old Republic" Folder

I also tried within the Kotor application, but no luck!

Any ideas?

"I am the Heart of Darkness.
I know no fear,
But rather instill it in my enemies.
I am the destoyer of worlds.
I know the power of the Dark Side.
I am the fire of hate.
All the Universe bows before me.
I pledge myself to the Darkness.
For I have found true life,
In the death of the light."
[DK]Night_Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > OSX Mavericks & Kotor