lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [KOTOR] Blade Colour change for MotF & HotG
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Perveboy
Lurker

[KOTOR] Blade Colour change for MotF & HotG

My search for Shem's different colours for the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force crystals has sadly ended with no results. So before I take the plunge and start attempting it myself, I was wondering if anyone experienced would be willing to have a crack first?

The mod is two fold, first Heart of the Guardian becomes the cyan colour that mantle of the Force is by default, and MotF becomes a viridian colouration.

Nothing more than that!
Perveboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
There are a couple of different ways to tackle this, but the easiest is a simple texture override. Try these:

HOTG MOTF

I wasn't really sure what you wanted for the viridian. I know there have been a few different mods for viridian of varying hues over the years, but I just tried to approximate the colour of the TSL one.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
Perveboy
Lurker

Dude thank you so much for the quick turn around on that! I honestly thought it would be weeks before someone kind enough did that.

I've other hilt mods installed, Sabers of the Republic and another that modifies the hilt of MotF. What can I do to make them compatible?
Perveboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Overrides of the original textures won't be compatible obviously. You'll need to pick one in that case.

If you are using a custom hilt mod that uses a custom blade texture and you want to replace that, you'll need to rename the blade texture I supplied (w_lsabreturq01.tga in the case of MOTF) to the appropriate filename the mod in question uses. I'm not familiar with Sabers of the Republic, so I can't give you specifics.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > [KOTOR] Blade Colour change for MotF & HotG