lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor 2 Force Powers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
anti0matter
Lurker

Kotor 2 Force Powers

Hello all. I was wondering if a mod could be made that made 2 force power sets, both light side and slight mirrors of dark side powers in terms of use:

Disturbance > Turbulence > Forcequake

This would be similar to shock>lightning>storm in terms of damage and targeting but for the visual effect I was hoping to get a visual blurring around the targets.

Diminish > Weaken > Exhaust

A light side mirror of Slow>Affliction>Plague

Thanks to anyone willing to do this.
anti0matter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Creating the new force powers that are virtually identical to old ones I could probably do pretty easily, but I can't say I know how to do the visual effects; not sure how important that is to you.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
Creating the new force powers that are virtually identical to old ones I could probably do pretty easily, but I can't say I know how to do the visual effects; not sure how important that is to you.
Hmm... Might look into the "_STEALTH" lines in the visualeffects.2da, and the distort.tga and .txi in the textures.bif for K1 in KT...

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
anti0matter
Lurker

Visual effects are secondary. If you can make them happen that's great, if not its OK. Thanks for doing it.
anti0matter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti0matter View Post
Visual effects are secondary. If you can make them happen that's great, if not its OK. Thanks for doing it.
To be honest, I wouldn't even really know where to start with the VFX, but I can certainly take a peek (with FS's comment in mind) and see if any solution presents itself =) I'll try to start on it shortly after TSL finishes installing on my laptop, and I doubt it should take too long.

EDIT: Alright, I seem to have the Disturbance/Turbulence/Quake powers working well; unlike those, I probably won't have to actually change the code for the other powers, mostly just 2DA editing, so they should be easier

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 05-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Kotor 2 Force Powers