lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Removing facial hair from head model?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Tenebraum
Lurker

Removing facial hair from head model?

Hey

I was looking for some nice looking head mods to download, and finally came across one which I really liked: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...e-compilation/ (Revan canon head)

I'm just not a big fan of facial hair and was wondering how to remove the chin strip (and the moustache that comes with the DS transitions) using Photoshop/GIMP or other programs. Please note that I've never done any modding/retexturing in my life so this is completely foreign to me.

Anyone care explaining?

Thanks.
Tenebraum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
There's nothing particular special required. There's no real "modding" involved, this is simply a Photoshop edit, no different than if you touched up a photo. You need to paint out the beard to make it look like bare skin. Google "photoshop remove beard" and you should get a zillion tutorials that cover all the basic principles.

You can also check out the original source textures that the mod is based on. You might be able to merge them together if the beard was added in.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Tenebraum
Lurker

Thank you! I had more trouble finding a tutorial than the actual editing itself. This time I simply googled Gimp beard removal and the first link I clicked solved all of my questions. He's looking far better now; cheers.
Tenebraum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Removing facial hair from head model?