lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Questions about modding
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Questions about modding

Hey everyone.

Well, I decided to give modding a try and I thought I'd start off with something simple for K1. I'm trying to give the Sith Academy students Dark Jedi Robes instead of the uniforms that they wear but I can't seem to figure out how to do so. I've tried following the tutorials but I keep ending up getting confused.

I'm also trying to re-texture the Darth Bandon armor in the game so it looks like the armor he wears in game but I'm also having a bit of trouble with that.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
milestails
Junior Member
 
milestails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298
Definitely two noble pursuits!

I wish you all the best! Would definitely use two such mods.
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You probably need to be a bit more explicit than "having a bit of trouble" in order for anyone to provide help. Detail exactly what it is you are trying to do, what steps you have gone through, and where you are getting stuck. Provide pictures to illustrate if appropriate.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
You probably need to be a bit more explicit than "having a bit of trouble" in order for anyone to provide help. Detail exactly what it is you are trying to do, what steps you have gone through, and where you are getting stuck. Provide pictures to illustrate if appropriate.
Alright. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused there.

I'm trying to find the files for the Sith Academy students like Mekel, Yuthura Ban and the rest of them. I thought I found one of them ((Yuthura's)) at one point in the Korr_m3aa_s.rim Module files but every time I tried to equip a Dark Jedi robe to her in the module file she still wore the same clothes in game. I threw the modified file in the Override file if that helps at all.



As for the Darth Bandon mod I'm trying to work on, I don't even know where to start with that. I read through a few more tutorials but I just ended up getting hopelessly confused.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2014, 02:33 AM   #5
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yuthura will require an appearance.2da edit. She is set to use the N_SithComF body model regardless of what is equipped. Set her to use the standard player body models. I'd say the students are the same, they'll all just use a standard "Sith commoner" appearance. Find the appearance.2da row/s referenced in their UTCs.

As to Bandon, I assume you want a player-wearable version of his armour? There is already at least one mod for that. Try this - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...om/file/;98135
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Yuthura will require an appearance.2da edit. She is set to use the N_SithComF body model regardless of what is equipped. Set her to use the standard player body models. I'd say the students are the same, they'll all just use a standard "Sith commoner" appearance. Find the appearance.2da row/s referenced in their UTCs.

As to Bandon, I assume you want a player-wearable version of his armour? There is already at least one mod for that. Try this - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...om/file/;98135
I could never get the Bandon mod to work so that's why I'm trying to make my own.

And I'm curious, how do I set Yuthura and the others to use the standard player body models? I'm still trying to figure out the 2da files and It's a bit overwhelming.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #7
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Scroll along the columns until you see modela through to modelj. Those are the columns that specify which body model to display when the various types of clothes/robes/armour are equipped. You'll see most NPCs have a fixed appearance by specifying the same model regardless of what they have equipped. In the case of Yuthura it's N_SithComF, as I mentioned in my previous post. To allow her to display the body model of whatever equipment she has, you just need to change the model/tex entries to those used by the player/party rows. Note that if you are copying from the player characters, you want to use the values from a row labelled "medium".
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #8
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Scroll along the columns until you see modela through to modelj. Those are the columns that specify which body model to display when the various types of clothes/robes/armour are equipped. You'll see most NPCs have a fixed appearance by specifying the same model regardless of what they have equipped. In the case of Yuthura it's N_SithComF, as I mentioned in my previous post. To allow her to display the body model of whatever equipment she has, you just need to change the model/tex entries to those used by the player/party rows. Note that if you are copying from the player characters, you want to use the values from a row labelled "medium".
Alright. I think I'm making some progress. Yuthura no longer has her default appearance but now when I warped to Korriban to see if it works she now has her head but Juhani's underwear and body. I copied Juhani's columns from modela to modelj. Is there any way to fix this or should I start over?

Thanks for the help by the way. I really appreciate it.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #9
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Have you actually equipped any robes/armour on Yuthura in her UTC? If you are seeing an underwear model, I gather not. If you plan to have her running around half-naked, you probably want to reference one of the female player models instead (well she'd actually probably need a custom texture to match her head, but that's another story).
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #10
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Have you actually equipped any robes/armour on Yuthura in her UTC? If you are seeing an underwear model, I gather not. If you plan to have her running around half-naked, you probably want to reference one of the female player models instead (well she'd actually probably need a custom texture to match her head, but that's another story).
I thought I did. I equip them but they're not showing up.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #11
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Are you sure they are equipped and not just in the inventory? If you are editing the UTC in KOTOR Tool and open the inventory, what happens when you mouseover the chest slot icon? Does it show something like "Robe of Robiness (g_a_awesomerobe)" or "(empty)"? If it is empty, copy the item ResRef, double click on the item slot, paste in the ResRef in the window that pops up.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #12
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Are you sure they are equipped and not just in the inventory? If you are editing the UTC in KOTOR Tool and open the inventory, what happens when you mouseover the chest slot icon? Does it show something like "Robe of Robiness (g_a_awesomerobe)" or "(empty)"? If it is empty, copy the item ResRef, double click on the item slot, paste in the ResRef in the window that pops up.
I think I've equipped them. I put them both in Custom items and Standard items but they're still not showing up. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible I could send the files to you and you could tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 02:16 AM   #13
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee
 
DarthParametric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,724
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hrmm...I'm pretty rusty on NPC editing. I'll have to try and remember how to do it properly.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #14
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented
 
Kainzorus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Top of the food chain.
Posts: 1,222
Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
I did this as part of the NPC Overhaul for K1. You can look at the files for it and tinker around as you want.

Basically, it was a three-step process

1. Find appearance.2da entries for unique sith students (Shardaan/Lashowe/Mekel) and give them regular body entries.
2. Unpack the modules in which the characters appear, modify the .utc files of all the relevant characters, give them the feats needed to wear the robes and the robes themselves.
3. Repack the files into .mod files and place them into modules folder.

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzorus Prime View Post
I did this as part of the NPC Overhaul for K1. You can look at the files for it and tinker around as you want.

Basically, it was a three-step process

1. Find appearance.2da entries for unique sith students (Shardaan/Lashowe/Mekel) and give them regular body entries.
2. Unpack the modules in which the characters appear, modify the .utc files of all the relevant characters, give them the feats needed to wear the robes and the robes themselves.
3. Repack the files into .mod files and place them into modules folder.
I honestly think it's a problem with the Appearance file I worked on. No matter what I do Yuthura keeps showing up with her head and Juhani's body. I just can't seem to fix it for some reason.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Questions about modding

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.