lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Need help KotOR 1 Widescreen
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
[KotOR 1] Need help with Widescreen mods

Hi, a year back, I bought the KotOR collection edition (2CDs), because the old version was to complex to make it work with my Win7 pro. So the only small bug I had back then, was some loading and window on/off the game, when movies were playing. I've disabled the movies and it was a charm.

Now two weeks ago, my good old trusty 21" Viewsonic CRT let me down and now I'm stuck with a LG wide screen LCD. So I had to work around the inconvenience of having that king of monitor.

So I've tried the WSGF trick and it work, but my GPU start heating up from 48C to 68C and I didn't like this. Also with WSGF, I had some crash (shortcut corrupted) and some HUD problems on the lower portion of the screen like this:

Show spoiler

Edit: I've played some more with Uniws patcher:

Show spoiler

But I still need some help, like I said I've got a [16/10]- resolution to obtain, since for unknown my monitor doesn't like to get under 1680x1050, it get's very blurry under this resolution.

So after that, I've tried Flawless Widescreen, both x86 and x64. For a moment it was great, no GPU temperature burst (52C) and the HUD was looking good so far, until the game starting getting slower and slower, than it freezes and I had to kill SWKotOR to get out with both versions. Tried to get back in game and I was in window mod with frame and portion of screen hidden by task bar. Also I had the same slow and freeze problem.

I've did everything they ask for WSGF (except the hexing) and FW and I can't make it good. One thing for sure is, I hate my LCD it has a lot of trouble with resolution under 1680x1050.

Here what I've got on my good old PC

Show spoiler

With my old CRT, I was playing Skyrim and Dragon Age at max setting, with a healthy 1600x1200.

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!

Last edited by LORD SPARTAN; 07-25-2014 at 03:09 PM.
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Need help KotOR 1 Widescreen