lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Impatience
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
Impatience

I'm wondering when Infinite Machine plans to start hyping the Sam and Max title....

I mean, every day that there's no new news, the feeling that Steve has "moved on" grows stronger in my head. I mean, the same thing happened with the comic strips. I just really hope this game gets made.

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #2
Setion

Next time Steve wants to move on, someone should hand cuff his ass to his worktable and point a gun at his head.

Hey! Don't ask me how you handcuff someones ass.

Yar.
Setion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2002, 03:01 AM   #3
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
Maybe it's "on hold" or whatever but probably not. Remember that Infinite Machine isn't Sierra or even LucasArts, they probably don't have the staff to do more than one game at a time, at least full on production.

Think about how much time there was between when people at LEC start working on a game like Grim Fandango and when you see the actual first screenshots or logo, or even a press release. I think Infinite Machine put the info out on their site that they were making the game because sites like IGN and GameSpot squeezed it out of them. When the press is harassing you to no end over something you know is true there's no reason to continuously lie to them, especially when you have some juicy concept art to give out for pre-production hyping.

I bet once New Legends ships we'll be hearing more about Sam & Max.

Visit: The International House of Mojo - Sam & Max.net - Thumbs - [url=http://www.telltalegames.com]Telltale Games
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2002, 03:16 AM   #4
JackTheGaffer

Ok people you got to remeber one thing, games take a rather long time to dev a game. I have a friend who is working on one right now and it will be about 3 years befor it is out. And it won't be anonced for atleast a year. All this to say, mabie the new Sam and Max game was anonced early or it may have like a year and a half to go. Just pray it did not get canceled or the company went under.
JackTheGaffer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

Quote:
Next time Steve wants to move on, someone should hand cuff his ass to his worktable and point a gun at his head.
Dude, thats like threatening God because he won't make a new species of squirrel.
sheaday6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2002, 09:40 PM   #6
JackTheGaffer

ummm.... alright, time to go.
JackTheGaffer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2002, 11:34 AM   #7
iisaac

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake
I think Infinite Machine put the info out on their site that they were making the game because sites like IGN and GameSpot squeezed it out of them.
GameSpot, IGN, and other major news sites, have only ran the story a week after it was posted on STISH; two weeks after Infinite Machine announced it; three weeks after AdventureGamer reported it; in all, a month after the news broke on PCGamer Magazine.

Links:
http://gfc.grimfandango2.com/archives/arc7-2001.html
iisaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2002, 07:44 PM   #8
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
was it PCG who broke it? heh. oh well.

Visit: The International House of Mojo - Sam & Max.net - Thumbs - [url=http://www.telltalegames.com]Telltale Games
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Discussion > Mainstream > Impatience