lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: It looks cool ?!?!?! disagree there!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2002, 12:15 PM   #41
Wilhuf

Face it, the knock back looks cheesy. Even the Episode 1 over-the-top attacks against the battle droids didnt feature such hyperactive knock back. Raven should tone down this 'cool' effect.

Wilhuf

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill, 1941.
Wilhuf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 12:18 PM   #42
Silent_Thunder

Wiluf, the funny thing is though, this isn't a case of "too cool" effects, or over the top special effects, but just simply slilly looking effects...
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #43
TUS_Tomcat

it's a case of Special Sillyness

I wouldnt mind it if it was toned down a bit, a few feet, but this is ridiculous... its like they are hit with a solid hammer or something!!!

I'd rather have em just fall down in place (no dismemberment, gore, blood needed) than seeing myself hit a home run with my saber

Modders, at your marks, GO!
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #44
digl
Reborn

everyone vote here
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #45
Krayt Tion

My earlier disatisfaction on the "Cool" answer is expressed here, if anyone is interested.

The problem with the SaberBat approach is this:

Having no dismemberment is one thing. I could get by with that easily.

However, the SaberBat emphasizes the lack of dismemberment and turns that fact around in a whole 'nother direction, one that mocks this very notion. It just makes the lack of dismemberment that much more obvious- I didn't even think that was possible, but they found a way, and it is aggravating.

Not to mention it tosses the suspension of disbelief carried with the lightsaber completely out the window by betraying almost everything we know about it from the movies.

Is this supposed be a cheap substitute for dismemberment? If they can't chop people up and still want the saber to have a cool effect, they are going about it the wrong way.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #46
Eternity

I have a feeling that the same would be said if the enemy just keeled over....

Admit it. It would look cheesy, and there's no way to get around it.

Insert a witty and thought-provoking quote here, I can't think of any.
Eternity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #47
toms

i don't REALLY hate it, but they really should tone it down a bit... flying back a few feet might be ok, if it happened occasionally... but flying back 12 ft while doing a 6 ft high backflip is just overdoing it.

they should put the same schorch marks that they put on the walls accross their chests and haev them look down in disbelief as they crumple to the floor...
if you think about it... a slash through the chest or stomach that DIDN'T go all the way through wouldn't cause much of a visible effect (especially to armoured troops), guts wouldn't fall out of the thin, cauterised wound or anything.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 02:50 PM   #48
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

So, are you guys saying that there is no dismemberment at all now? I thought that was going to be in the game.

Jeez, they show Kyle's lightsaber leaving molten scorch marks on the wall, and we're supposed to believe that when a lightsaber hits a person that they effect is that they're knocked back across the room? Surely not.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 06:01 PM   #49
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Personally, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that there is dismemberment in the game.

As far as the "knockback" of lightsabers, I think it looks silly. It should either be toned down, or removed (ie: people just fall over, like in JK/MotS).

Sure it will be funny at first, grand-slamming people into the stands with every hit (unlike Luke did to Vader in ESB, or Obi did to Maul in TPM), but I'd rather have it the old way than this.

That's just my two cents.

We can all make fun of the "Forcefield Bat" when the game comes out, deal? ; )
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 09:31 AM   #50
Darth Katarn

deal

There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force.

Remember The Force Will Be With You... Always
Darth Katarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2002, 05:30 PM   #51
MrRelish

I think people shouldn't fly, just fall. There is really no point in them going all over when ya hit em with a, in theory, super sharp sword. And the way they fly is totally unrealistic, i mean They fly up, do a flip, then fall, and slide, all while moving to the right. It just isn't natural, even a bat doesn't do that. (don't ask how i know). So, i hope they make it so people just fall, don't fly, because it is way to much to have people fly. In multiplayer i'm sure people won't fly if you hit em (providing it's 2 hit kills).

oh...bump....

-Rel
#insert inane personal motto here.
MrRelish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2002, 10:16 PM   #52
Naphtali

Yes i agree if they are worried about violence then it doesn't have to be super gorey, star wars battles weren't but people were still sliced and they showed an appropiate amount of blood.

I just hope it was for the trailers they did that.

Another thing is that im looking at is in the second trailer we cant see it clear enough but kYle slices vertically though the guys head, and their are some sparks left, and smoke as the guys head is cut in half however we cant see cleary in the trailer

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > It looks cool ?!?!?! disagree there!