lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Picking up ability? Or just a fancy throw?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
jedi650

Picking up ability? Or just a fancy throw?

I just saw the newest trailer, and there was a scene that arose some thought in my mind. There appeared to be a scene where the person playing the game picked an enemy up using the force, and moved him around in the air. Not a force push or pull, but more of a force "control." It looked as if he just targeted the enemy, and threw him around in the air. (just reading that dismemeberment thread... that woudl be awesome to have in-game!) but anyway... does anyone notice this or know about it? I think it'd be great if you could select an enemy, grab him using the force, use your mouse to build momentum and throw him when you release the mouse button, that way you can control how far you throw them, how fast, and in what direction. Man, I need to become a game developer, I always have such interesting notions on this stuff.

-Jedi650
jedi650 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
General Theros

It is level three force Grip I believe.

General Theros
General Theros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:20 PM   #3
Moses

Grip indeed, and you are right about the mouse, that's been said before by people who have played it. You can use the mouse in just the way you explained to do just what you proposed. This can be especially helpful when you are facing 5 enemies, you pick one up and throw him at the other four. Boy I'm excited!

Strong am I with the force, but not that strong.
Moses is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #4
Skib

I hope you can pick up objects (i.e. crates, etc). It would be kinda cool to be able to block corridors and setup walls with crates
Skib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #5
SaberPro
00 Agent

Looks like Grip since the enemy has his hand near his neck...but he floats?! Force Lift? (Like Yoda lifting the X-Wing....or Yoda force gripped the X-Wing?!)

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 08:40 AM   #6
jedi650

Moses, that is awesome! I actually order this game only knowing that is was a buffed-up sequel to Dark Forces. I can't believe everything I'm learning about it... it sounds like a Star Wars game couldn't get any better!

-Jedi650
jedi650 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 08:59 AM   #7
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Raven has confirmed in the 6-page (currently) 'Trailer 2' thread that this is level 3 grip.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 09:09 AM   #8
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

Well, it's either that, or the guy was trying to use his Jetpack to get away, but Kyle was holding him in place. ; )
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 09:20 AM   #9
TUS_Tomcat

From the zone page on force powers

http://zone.msn.com/jedioutcast/tips/jkjotips2.asp

At the part about Grip:

Effect Chokes enemy players (except for Level 3, you can't move while applying this power)

Level 1 Enemy is immobile (but undamaged) for 5 seconds

Level 2 Same as Level 1, but with damage to enemy

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but you can move and also smash enemy into walls/objects for more damage, or use him as a shield

Note the level 3 part. Move and smash enemy into walls objects for more damage. (how about the using as shield too!)

(in a preview smashing into other people was also managed)

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 09:33 AM   #10
Desslock

How would you control the distance between you and the enemy? If Left/right is the X axis, and Up and down is the Y axis, how do you control the Z axis? The mousewheel?
Desslock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 09:56 AM   #11
dazilla

I don't think you can control the distance between you and the enemy, but with level three, if you let them go, they automatically get thrown.
dazilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Picking up ability? Or just a fancy throw?