lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MotS Secret Level
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-12-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
Kx_Dra_Sycdan

MotS Secret Level

can someone please tell me what i need to do to play the secret level in MotS (for some reason the link at JK.net about the secret lvl redirects you to the frontpage)

thanks

"The more the universe seems comprehensible, the more it also seems pointless" - Steven Weinberg
Kx_Dra_Sycdan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 12:28 PM   #2
DSettahr

I believe you need a gob ediotr, but its been a while since i've played it. I'll find my MOTS cd tonight, take a look, and get back to you.

You underestimate the power of the Darkside...

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
DSettahr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Explore your MotS Cd and find the file called "UNSUPPORTED.ZIP" copy to your hard drive and unzip.

Put the files it contained either in a new folder under episodes in your MotS game directory, or you can goo them up with Conman (obtainable from many sites, including www.code-alliance.com), but be sure you write an "episode.jk" file (use notepad, it's just text).

If you want examples, you can ungoo any addon SP level for Mots and look at their episode.jk file for reference in writing your's (don't use an MP level as a template, or the level will crash when you beat it).

You used to be able to visit the official LEC site and on the MotS page there was a link to a pre-made one, but I don't know if it's still there, been ages.

There are some pre-made versions of the level on the 'net, but they are usually monkeyed with or buggy, because people either didn't know what they were doing, or tried to add new stuff to the level (that IMHO usually didn't work too well).

Once installed, fire up MotS and select "single player" and you should have a new mission to choose (depending on what you named it), select it and go. If the level crashes, it's because you goofed up in the episode.jk file (the level should end, not look for the next level).

A goo/gob program like Conman isn't *required* it's just nice if you like to be tidy.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 08:47 PM   #4
DSettahr

What he said ^

You underestimate the power of the Darkside...

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
DSettahr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
G0SP0DAR

I just grabbed a recompiled version

The one that came straight from the 'unsupported' file was too FUBAR for me. There is a recompiled version that plugs in directly just like any other patch, and in my experience it worked just fine. And it is one sweet map. I'm sorry I don't remember where I got mine, but it should still be floating around in a number of places. Maybe try IGN for starters, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
What he said ^
WTF kind of answer is that? This message board would be a lot smaller without the meaningless remarks.
G0SP0DAR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > MotS Secret Level