lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Melting walls/doors with saber?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-19-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
Puskis

Question Melting walls/doors with saber?

Yes, could it be done? I mean you could melt locked doors if you donīt have any other way. It could be implemented in the lightsaber force... It would just be cool.
Puskis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:17 PM   #2
TUS_Tomcat

I have read that you will be required to cut through things from time to time in the game, but, i dont know if you can do it to EVERY door, or if the developers have to "tag" doors in a certain way so that they can be cut through (that would translate to one door where they intended it being cuttable, but another one not being cuttable)

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:19 PM   #3
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Well even if it's possible, sure would take alot of the adventuring out of the game. "Curses, this door is locked and it's too thick to just cut through, I'll melt it!" instead of "Curses, this door is locked, I'll look for a way to open it"
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:23 PM   #4
Cracken

Location: Less than 12 parsecs from the nearest Twi'lek slave dancer
Uh...melting it IS a way to open it.

"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

No, afterwards you need to be able to close it again, melting it equals DESTROYING a door. Not opening.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #6
Cracken

Why would you need to close it again? Cutting it open wouldn't allow you to close it.

"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Old 03-19-2002, 01:32 PM   #7
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
what happens in you cut a circle in a window on, say, a ship on outer space ?? do you loose the mission, that would be relistic anyway

anyway, raven said you would need the lightsabre to solve some puzzles..

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:43 PM   #8
Silent Wolf

Ive said before but ill say it again. A while back raven commented on this and said that you would be able to insert your lighstaber into doors ala TPM with qui gon. This has not been restated as of late, but since it came from raven, its a possibility.. My advice to you..go into a coma for 2 weeks and when u come out youll know

I sense you...Jedi!!!
Silent Wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 01:45 PM   #9
Cracken

Being in a coma must be great. Think of it, you're still alive, but you have no responsibility. Plus, people feed you and take care of you 24/7. Like being a baby, except without all the stupid adults making silly noises to amuse you.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #10
Puskis

So, if I understood this correctly, the melting doors option may be in game, but it isnīt certain? If itīs not in the version released first, could this melting thing be added with a later patch?
Puskis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 02:42 PM   #11
Hannibal

Current Game: Black Ops/Biosock
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Cracken
Being in a coma must be great. Think of it, you're still alive, but you have no responsibility. Plus, people feed you and take care of you 24/7. Like being a baby, except without all the stupid adults making silly noises to amuse you.
It costs more than being a baby. Also, they take pictures of you naked.

Hannibal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 03:03 PM   #12
Reptar

hey, just watch the UK trailer, and notice aroun 1:38 kyle uses his saber and blows up a wall....i think
Reptar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 03:18 PM   #13
Darth Ergotht

Yeah he do blow up a wall. That blows up, Kyle doesn't cut throught. What I mean is that you seem explosion. That's not the same thing that Qui Gon was doing

"When we will see each other on the battlefield I won't be so easy on you like I am now"
Darth Ergotht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 03:46 PM   #14
Trek234

Too bad this game doesn't use the Red Faction engine.... If you can't get through a door, you can blow a hole in the wall and go between the door. (On that game you can cut through any wall with bombs)
Trek234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 04:35 PM   #15
GAT

Quote:
Originally posted by Trek234
Too bad this game doesn't use the Red Faction engine.... If you can't get through a door, you can blow a hole in the wall and go between the door. (On that game you can cut through any wall with bombs)
That would work great if you were back on Sulon or something where there isn't a ton of durasteel and duracrete and other impenetrable stuff like that. Granted, you could probably dent the duracrete and bend the durasteel, but don't you think that would be a waste of ammo?

GAT

I prefer what was to what now is;
'Cause what was wasn't what now isn't.
GAT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 05:13 PM   #16
Agen
The Spoon Guy

The red faction engine(Geo-Mod) is hard to edit and stuff but the Q3 is easy and is much higher in standards (except cutting everything apart)
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 05:45 PM   #17
Darth Yittreas

I think that in the UK trailer he doesn't blow up a wall. He uses the saber-throw to blow some kinda tube. And remember that the trailer is from an older version (it had the batsaber in it).

Darth Yittreas
Dark Lord of Sith
Darth Yittreas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Melting walls/doors with saber?